Find all the latest Scient Federal Credit Union promotions, bonuses, and offers here.
At the moment, you can earn a $100 bonus when you open a qualifying checking account with direct deposit.
About Scient Federal Credit Union Promotions
Scient Federal Credit Union traces its origins back to 4 scientists in the year 1968 who pooled their resources and formed the Credit Union. Unbeknownst to them, Scient FCU has since expanded its services to better cater to the needs of residents of Connecticut.
|Eligibility: You’re able to qualify if you meet one of the requirements such as being a member of the American Consumer Council (ACC), Connecticut Chapter. For the full details take a look at the Full Membership Requirements.|
I’ll review the Scient Federal Credit Union Promotions below.
Scient Federal Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus
You can earn a $100 bonus from Scient Federal Credit Union when you open a Checking Account with a direct deposit. Currently, you can also get $50 when you are approved for a Personal Loan.
- What you’ll get: $100 bonus
- Account Type: Checking Account
- Availability: CT (Bank Locator)
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes, $750+ required per month for twelve months to keep bonus (see what works)
- Credit Inquiry: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit Card Funding: None
- Monthly Fees: None
- Early Account Termination Fee: Account must be kept open for twelve months and receive $750+ in direct deposits per month
- Household Limit: None listed
Editor’s Note: If you are interested, here is an alternative link to sign up for this offer.
(Limited time offer)
|You can compare this to several great entry level Checking accounts with offers include the BMO Smart Money Checking ($400 bonus), Bank of America ($200 bonus offer), U.S. Bank Smartly® Checking ($450 bonus), Chase Total Checking® ($200 bonus), SoFi Checking and Savings ($275 bonus), Fifth Third Bank Momentum® Checking ($200 bonus), KeyBank Checking ($200 bonus).|
How To Earn Bonus
- Open a new regular checking account with Direct Deposit
- Initiate Direct Deposit with a minimum of $750 per month within 60 days of opening a checking account.
- The $100 bonus will be added to the member’s checking account within 30 days of notification
- A monthly maintenance fee will be charged to Scient checking (share draft) accounts that are not enrolled in Scient eStatements.
- This fee will be waived for accounts enrolled in eStatements, and for primary account owners under the age of 18 OR over the age of 65 at the time the fee is assessed.
- This offer is limited to one per account number.
- Members that already have a checking account at Scient
- FCU are not eligible for this offer.
- You must deposit at least $25 to open the checking account.
- This bonus will be reported to the IRS as a dividend.
- This offer can be modified or withdrawn at any time without notice.
- Other terms and conditions may apply.
- This credit union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
How To Waive Monthly Fees
- Scient Regular Checking: Waivable for accounts enrolled in eStatements, and for primary account owners under the age of 18 OR over the age of 65 at the time the fee is assessed.
- Scient Checking Plus: Waivable for accounts enrolled in eStatements, and for primary account owners under the age of 18 OR over the age of 65 at the time the fee is assessed.
If you qualify for the $100 bonus you should definitely consider applying. However, there are pretty strict requirements and limited membership eligibility to join Scient FCU.
If you have experience with Scient Federal Credit Union, we ask that you leave a comment below if you have any information we are missing or want to just let us know about your experience. We appreciate the feedback because it helps make the site better for everyone.
To join Scient Federal Credit Union you must open a Share Savings Account with a $5 membership fee. While this account does earn interest you may want to compare it with those from our full list of Bank Rates and CD Rates.
*Check back at this page for updated Scient Federal Credit Union promotions, bonuses and offers.