Find an updated list of Thrivent Federal Credit Union promotions, bonuses, and offers here.
Thrivent Federal Credit Union is offering a $200 bonus when you open a new checking account.
About Thrivent Federal Credit Union Promotions
As one of the largest faith-based credit unions in the nation, Thrivent Federal Credit Union values maintaining your values as well as your beliefs. They use guiding biblical principles to create tools that will help you manage your financial future.
|Eligibility: Thrivent Federal Credit Union is open to members of the following churches: Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC), North American Lutheran Church (NALC), Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS), Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS), American Association of Lutheran Churches (AALC), Church of the Lutheran Brethren (CLB), Association of Free Lutheran Congregations (AFLC), and Evangelical Lutheran Synod (ELS). For more information on eligibility requirements please check out their full list of membership requirements.|
I’ll review the Thrivent Federal Credit Union Promotions below.
Thrivent Federal Credit Union $200 Checking Bonus
- What you’ll get: $200 bonus
- Account Type: Thrivent Rewards Checking Account
- Availability: Nationwide, but Religious affiliation required for membership. (Bank Locator)
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes, $2500+ (see what works)
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- ChexSystem: Yes, they are sensitive
- Credit Card Funding: None
- Monthly Fees: None
- Early Account Termination Fee: $20, if account is closed within 90 days
- Household Limit: None listed
- Thrivent FCU $200 Checking Bonus PDF
|For more advanced features in a checking account, compare this offer to BMO Harris PremierTM Account ($350 Bonus), U.S. Bank SmartlyTM Checking (Up to $600 bonus), Chase Private Client ($3,000 Bonus), TD Bank Beyond Checking ($300 Bonus), Fifth Third Bank Preferred Checking ($275 bonus), and Citigold® Checking Account (Up to $2000 Cash Bonus).|
How To Earn Bonus
- Open a new Thrivent Rewards Checking account using promo code CHECKING2023 and achieve the following within 90 days of account opening:
- sign up for free online banking
- spend $500 with debit card and
- make eligible direct deposits totaling $2,500 or more
- How to earn the bonus: Open a new Thrivent Rewards Checking account using promo code CHECKING2023 and achieve the following within 90 days of account opening: sign up for free online banking; spend $500 with debit card; and make eligible direct deposits totaling $2,500 or more.
- Eligible direct deposits are electronic deposits of regular periodic payments (e.g., payroll, pension, government benefits or other monthly income) made into your Thrivent Rewards Checking account from third parties.
- ACH transfers from other deposit accounts are not eligible.
- If all requirements are met, a bonus of $200 will be deposited into your Thrivent Rewards Checking account within two weeks of the end of the 90-day period.
- Bonus may be reported to the IRS as dividends earned. Offer is limited to one per member, and you must be the primary owner on the account.
- Offer is no available to any account owner of a Thrivent Rewards Checking account or Simply Checking account held at any time from March 8, 2022, through March 8, 2023.
- Offer is effective March 9, 2023, through June 9, 2023, and is subject to change and can end at any time without notice.
Thrivent Federal Credit Union $500 Money Market Bonus (Expired)
Thrivent Federal Credit Union is offering up to a $500 bonus when you open a new money market account using promo code: MMKT2021.
- What you’ll get: $500 bonus
- Account Type: Money Market Account
- Availability: MN, WI; must be of Christian faith or married to somebody who is
|You can compare this to several great entry level Checking accounts with offers include the BMO Harris Smart Money™ Account ($200 bonus), U.S. Bank SmartlyTM Checking (Up to $600 bonus), Chase Total Checking® ($200 bonus), Fifth Third Bank Momentum® Checking ($275 bonus), SoFi Checking and Savings ($275 bonus), and Citi Priority Account (Up to $2000 Cash Bonus).|
How To Earn Bonus
- Open a new Preferred Plus Money Market or Thrivent Rewards Money Market account using promo code MMKT2021 and deposit new money and earn a special bonus based on the structure below:
- Bonus tiers:
- $10,000 – $19,999.99 earns $100
- $20,000 – $29,999.99 earns $200
- $30,000 – $39,999.99 earns $300
- $40,000 – $49,999.99 earns $400
- $50,000 or more to earn $500.
- To receive a bonus, after the initial 30-day period, you must maintain a daily balance equivalent to the amount of new money required for the bonus: you will be eligible for half of the bonus after maintaining this balance for 90 days, and you will be eligible for the other half of the bonus after maintaining this balance until 12/31/2021.
- You will receive a bonus based on the lowest daily balance you maintain in your account for the period prior to each bonus payment, but each bonus payment will not be more than half of the maximum bonus you are eligible for.
- If all requirements are met, the first half of the bonus will be deposited into your Preferred Plus Money Market or Thrivent Rewards Money Market account within two weeks of the end of the 90-day period.
- The second half of the bonus will be deposited into your Preferred Plus Money Market or Thrivent Rewards Money Market account within two weeks of 12/31/2021.
- The maximum bonus you will be eligible for will be based on the total of all deposits made within 30 days of the account being opened.
- Deposits made after the initial 30-day period will not qualify for a bonus.
- Account must be funded with new money which means deposits must be from another financial institution (transfers between Thrivent Credit Union accounts will not qualify).
How to Waive Monthly Fees
- Simply Checking: $8.95 monthly if balance is below $100
- Thrivent Rewards Checking: Direct deposit into share/share draft account or maintain activity in the account of 5 bill pays and 10 POS purchases settled in a 1-month period. If direct deposit or activity is not maintained, account will be transferred to Simply Checking after a 3-month period.
- Simply Savings: No monthly fees
- Emergency Savings Share: No monthly fees
- Thrivent Rewards Money Market: No monthly fees
- Preferred Plus Money Market: $10.00 monthly if the daily balance falls below $2,500 any day of the month.
- Community Checking: $10.00 monthly waived if you maintain the daily balance of $250
- Community Plus Checking: $20.00 monthly
Currently, Thrivent Federal Credit Union offers a great number of services available for you to use, such as online banking and mobile banking. Additionally, you get to take advantage of a fantastic offer! However, be sure you meet the eligibility requirements before you apply!
Additionally, while they have a generous $200 bonus, Thrivent Federal Credit Union doesn’t have great rates for CDs and Savings. Furthermore, you may want to check out our full list of Bank Rates and CD Rates.
Compare Thrivent Federal Credit Union Promotions with other bank bonuses from banks like Citi, Huntington, HSBC, Chase, TD, Discover Bank, Aspiration, Axos Bank, PNC Bank, BMO Harris, SoFi, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and more!
*Check back at this page for updated Thrivent Federal Credit Union promotions, bonuses and offers.
Leave a Reply