The U.S. Bank Altitude™ Reserve Visa Infinite® Card is a premium travel rewards credit card that offers a generous 50,000 points sign-up bonus, rewards you for everyday spending, and offers a ton of great travel benefits.
You’ll earn an unlimited 3 points per $1 spent on eligible travel and mobile wallet purchases, and an unlimited 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases, with no caps or restrictions. You’ll also get lounge access, up to $325 annual travel credit, a Global Entry fee credit and more.
It comes with a hefty $400 annual fee that isn’t waived the first year. Even with this high annual fee, it may make sense to get the card if you can take advantage of all of the benefits. Read on to see how the U.S. Bank Altitude™ Reserve Visa Infinite® Card could benefit you.
* The Altitude™ Reserve Visa Infinite® card is issued by U.S. Bank. They also offer great sign-up bonuses for their Checking/Savings accounts.
Table of Contents
U.S. Bank Altitude™ Reserve Visa Infinite® Card
|Bonus Available||Get 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,500 in the first 90 days of account opening.|
|Travel Credit||Up to $325 annual statement credits on eligible travel purchases.
Up to $100 statement credit to reimburse your TSA Pre? or Global Entry application fee (once every 4 years).
3 points for every $1 spent on eligible travel purchases and mobile wallet spending, and 1 point for every $1 spent on all other eligible purchases.
Receive 12 complimentary Gogo Inflight WiFi passes every year.
Get discounts with GroundLink Black Car Service and Silvercar.
Receive special privileges at Relais & Chateaux properties.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||No|
|Airport Lounge Access||Enjoy complimentary Priority Pass Select membership to more than 1,200 VIP lounges worldwide.|
|Annual Fee||$400. $75 for each additional card.|
- Bonus points
- High earning potential
- Travel credits
- Lounge membership
- Gogo inflight WiFi
- No foreign transaction fees
- Annual Fee
- No transfer partners
What Are Altitude Reserve Visa Card Points Worth?
Like many other rewards cards, your points’ worth depends on how you use them. You can redeem your Altitude points for:
- Flights, hotel stays and car rentals booked via the U.S. Bank Rewards Center ($0.015/point)
- Statement credits for airfare, hotel stays and car rentals ($0.01/point)
To get the full $750 value out of your 50,000 bonus points, redeem them towards travel using the U.S. Bank Rewards Center.
Why You Should Apply for This Card
The $325 annual travel credit automatically applies to your statement for a wide variety of purchases, including:
- Hotel stays
- Car rental companies
- Passenger trains
- Cruise lines
This card benefit effectively lowers the card’s annual fee to just $75.
You’ll also get reimbursed for your TSA Pre? or Global Entry application fee, up to $100 every 4 years. Global Entry includes TSA Pre?, so I definitely recommend going with that.
Enjoy 12 months of access to more than 1,200 airport lounges worldwide via Priority Pass Select. With it, you get 4 free lounge visits for you and 4 individual accompany guest visits each Priority Pass membership year. After that, you’ll have to pay $27 per person, per visit.
Competitors like the Chase Sapphire Reserve and The Platinum Card from American Express don’t have limitations on how many lounge visits you make.
Every year, get 12 complimentary passes for Gogo inflight WiFi. One 24-hour pass has a $19 value. So all 12 passes are worth $228.
Make purchases abroad without worrying about foreign transaction fees with the U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card.
|Best Credit Card Categories|
|0% APR||Airline Rewards||Balance Transfer|
|Cash Back||Hotel Rewards||Military|
|No Annual Fee||No Foreign Transaction Fee||Premium|
|Small Business||Student||Travel Rewards|
Although this premium travel credit card does come with a $400 annual fee, if you can use and take advantage of the U.S. Bank Altitude™ Reserve Visa Infinite® Card and all its perks, like the $325 annual travel credit, then this is a good card suited for frequent travelers.
It’s not as great as other premium credit cards, like The Business Platinum Card® from American Express. Choosing one of these cards frequently comes down personal preferences with the benefits this card provides and weighing those against the fee you’re putting up with.
Find out what U.S. Bank has to offer with our list of U.S. Bank promotions. If you’re interested in posts like this, learn more about What Are Credit Card Points And Miles Worth. And if you’re not down for what this card has to offer, check out our full list of the best credit card bonuses to find the one that best suits your needs.
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
Who’s the Competition?
Competitor Premium Travel Cards
The lower-fee American Express Gold Card doesn’t have luxury travel perks, but is a good all-around rewards card.
With the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card:
• Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
• 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
• No foreign transaction fees
• 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
• Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
• No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
With the The Platinum Card® from American Express:
• Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
• Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
• 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
• 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
• Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
• Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
• $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
• Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
• $550 annual fee.
• Terms Apply.
• See Rates & Fees
With the American Express® Gold Card:
• Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
• Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points when you dine at restaurants worldwide. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X). Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
• Earn up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
• $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
• Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
• No Foreign Transaction Fees.
• Annual Fee is $250.
• Terms Apply.
• See Rates & Fees
|Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card||80,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Ink Business CashSM Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card||$200 Cash||Review|
|Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card||30K Points||Review|
|Chase Freedom®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||3% Cash Back||Review|
|UnitedSM Explorer Business Card||50,000 Miles||Review|
|ABOC Platinum Rewards Mastercard®||$150 Cash||Review|