We know that you’re always looking for ways to save money. That’s why at HMB we’re dedicated to looking for the best deals the internet has to offer– including discounted gift cards. You’ve probably seen us write tons of posts about discounted gift cards. Thus, you’ll find a compiled and updated list of all the ways to get discounted gift cards below. Gift cards are always great for personal use, reselling, and, well, giving them as gifts if you don’t know what to get for that special someone. They never have an expiration date, so you can use them whenever you want, and you can get gift cards for almost all your favorite places. Getting them at a discounted rate makes them even better. We’ve provided you a list of methods to get your gift cards at a discount or with some kind of bonus.
Save In-Store + Online:
- Buy third-party gift cards at Best Buy. Best Buy runs gift card promotions where you can get a free $5 or $10 Best Buy gift card or some sort of savings code with the purchase of a third-party gift card. If you tend to shop at Best Buy, grabbing these gift card deals is going to be your best bet when saving.
- Buy third-party gift cards at Kroger. Kroger is known for their Free Friday Download promotions and has weekly digital coupons that you can add to your Kroger card. Some of these digital coupons allow you to save on select third-party gift cards, such as Groupon, Staples, and IHOP. In addition, you can save on Mastercard and Visa gift cards from time to time. You must have a Kroger card to load your coupons in.
- Buy third-party gift cards at Meijer. If you have a Meijer Mperks Rewards account, you can log in and “clip a coupon” for discounts on third-party gift cards. Gift cards usually include Mastercard or Visa gift cards, so you can use them anywhere that accepts those cards.
- Buy third-party gift cards at a membership-based warehouse, such as Costco and Sam’s Club. These warehouses often sell popular products in bulk for less in return for a yearly fee. Did you know that they sell gift cards for less as well? You can purchase select gift cards in bulk for up to a 25% discount.
- Buy select items at Target. Target frequently runs promotions where you can purchase certain items or brands ranging from baby essentials, electronics, and beauty supplies, and earn yourself a Target gift card. If you frequently shop at Target, check the list of their current gift card promotions to see if you can score a gift card with your purchase.
- Buy third-party gift cards at CVS. Check CVS’ weekly ad to find deals on gift cards or earn some ExtraBucks (per CVS’ ExtraCare Rewards program).
- Buy third-party gift cards at OfficeMax / Office Depot. OfficeMax and Office Depot have weekly ads where you can purchase select gift cards for a discount in-store. In addition, they have deals from time to time where you can even get Visa gift cards at a discount in-store. Better yet, get 2% back with Rewards Everything on up to $200 in gift card purchase each quarter.
- Buy third-party gift cards at Giant Stores, Stop & Shop, and Martin’s. Although you won’t necessarily save on your gift card purchase, you’ll get 2x fuel points or 4x fuel points to save on your next gas trip when you purchase select gift cards.
- Buy Mastercard gift cards at Publix. Like Kroger, Publix has digital coupons that allow you to save on select Mastercard gift cards. Just log into your ShopRite account, clip the coupon to your account, and then purchase a gift card.
- Buy third-party gift cards at Safeway. Safeway is a chain of stores all over the nation that includes Von’s, Randall’s, Albertson’s, Tom Thumb, and Acme. If you see a deal featuring discounts on select gift cards, you can usually get the same deal at the sister stores.
- Buy third-party gift cards at ShopRite. Like Kroger, ShopRite has digital coupons that allow you to save on select third-party gift cards. Just log into your ShopRite account, clip the coupon to your account, and then purchase a participating gift card.
- Buy Visa gift cards at Staples. You can get either a rebate (the highest I’ve ever seen is $20 back) or no purchase fee, depending on the offer. Visa gift cards are great because you can use them virtually anywhere that accepts a Visa. I’d highly recommend getting these instead of a third-party gift card that limits the receiver where they can use them if they don’t have a preference.
- Buy discounted gift cards on second-hand exchanges. Keep in mind that there is a risk of getting a bad card which will require follow up with the exchange. Delivery may be instant or may take a while, depending on which seller you choose. You’ll usually end up saving a lot with this option. CardCash is a popular option, since they frequently have discounts on top of already discounted cards. Note that you can’t earn and additional 5x with Chase Ink Plus or Ink Cash when purchasing through Paypal anymore. Raise and Cardpool are other options where users can sell or buy gift cards online at a discount. You can earn $5 credit when you create a new Raise account or save $5 when you create a Cardpool account.
- Buy third-party gift cards on apps. Wallets are the thing of the past. It’s time to save time and space, make our lives less of a hassle, and go digital. There are many apps nowadays where you can purchase select third-party gift cards for a discount. All you have to do is register for an account and use a promo code if applicable. These apps include Gyft, Bitmo, and Sywch. Storing your gift cards in your account on your phone makes it convenient for you to access instead of forgetting that you even had them in the first place in your drawer corner collecting dust. These apps frequently have sales with over 200 retailers where you can get $5 off or more on select gift cards.
- Redeem third-party gift cards on Samsung Pay. If you have a Samsung smartphone, chances are you have Samsung Pay already installed on it. You can use Samsung Pay at select merchants to pay for your products when you hover your phone over a payment terminal. The benefit of Samsung Pay that you earn points per transaction to be redeemed for rewards. Sometimes Samsung Pay has discounted gift card offers, up to 20% off, so be sure to check those.
- Buy third-party gift cards at Amazon. Amazon has Lightning Gift Card Deals that come and go, so you can save on popular gift cards. Some of these deals require an Amazon Prime account, so you may need to create one to purchase them. If you don’t have an account, you can sign up and get a free 30-day trial today.
- Buy discounted gift cards from eBay. On eBay, you can find many sellers who are either second-hand exchange sellers, such as CardCash or third-party gift card sellers, such as SMVGiftCards or PayPal Digital Gifts. Depending on the seller, you can get your discounted gift cards in the mail or get a digital code sent to your email. Each seller has different terms and conditions, so be sure to read them before purchasing. We also have an updated eBay Gas Station Gift Cards list if you’re looking to save on gas.
- Buy third-party gift cards at Newegg. Did you know that Newegg has more than just electronics and electronic accessories? It offers gift card deals from time to time that are sent by email so you can easily use them online.
- Buy third-party gift cards at PayPal Digital Gifts. You can purchase eGift Cards from select retailers for 10% off during their sales. You must have a PayPal account to be eligible for their promotions.
- Buy third-party gift cards at BJs Wholesale. BJs Wholesale Club members can save on select gift cards, and shipping is included with the price, so you technically get free shipping.
- Check out our list of Restaurant Gift Cards. With these gift card deals, you can earn up to a 25% bonus that you can use on select dates after you purchase your gift card. If you or a loved one goes to one of the restaurants listed frequently, I highly recommend stocking up when deals are available.
- Redeem third-party gift cards on Swagbucks. Swagbucks has gift card promotions where you can get a nice chunk off of gift card redemption when you use your SB. They’re technically free since you’re getting SB by surfing online or completing offers, but hey, who doesn’t like saving, even when something is free? You can easily sign up for an account if you don’t have one.
- Buy third-party gift cards at MyGiftCardsPlus. MyGiftCardsPlus offers cash back in the form of Swagbucks, rather than percent or dollar off on gift cards. If you frequently use Swagbucks and claim rewards from it, this is a good one to use.
- Redeem third-party gift cards when you drink Coca-Cola. You heard that right. Sometimes My Coke Rewards / Coca-Cola Rewards has offers where members can earn a free gift card if they enter codes from participating Coca-Cola products.
- Use cashback shopping portals. Cashback portals are great for saving money, especially when you’re shopping online for gift cards. Some of the popular cashback portals that we like to use are Topcashback, and Ebates. You will get a sign-up bonus once you join their sites through our links and maybe even a little something extra. Learn more about the best cashback shopping portals.
We’re here to save you the most money by having a list of all the ways to get discounted gift cards. We keep this list updated, so you can maximize your savings. If you like what we have to offer, or you have any ideas on how we could improve, please comment below. We love seeing your comments and reading what you guys have to say. We also have a great list of the best gift card promotions, deals, offers, and codes. Though, these aren’t our only way to save some of your hard earned money. Fret not, we have a frequently updated list of ways to save money online that you can check out as well.
|HSBC Premier checking account: Get up to $700 when you open a Premier checking account. You'll enjoy 3% Cash Bonus, up to $700, on Qualifying Direct Deposits up to $120 per month, during the first 6 calendar months after account opening. Member FDIC Terms|
|HSBC Premier checking account: Earn $475 bonus for eligible new customers who open a new HSBC Premier checking account and complete the following qualifying activities. Make recurring monthly Direct Deposits totaling at least $5,000. Member FDIC Terms|
|Huntington 5 Checking: Earn $200 bonus when you open a Huntington 5 Checking account and make total deposits of at least $1,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $200 bonus will be deposited into your Huntington 5 Checking account after all requirements are met and your account is open for 90 days. Apply Now---Huntington 5 Checking Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking: Earn $500 bonus when you open a Huntington 25 Checking account and make cumulative new money deposits of at least $15,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $500 bonus will be deposited into your Huntington 25 Checking account after all requirements are met and your account is open for 90 days.
Apply Now---Huntington 25 Checking Review