Walmart is known for having low priced groceries and everyday items, with locations nationwide its always easy to find a convenient store near you. However, if you shop them regularly you probably notice its not always the best deal. You could definitely save more by applying a few easy practices. Here are 6 Ways to Save Money at Walmart, by using Coupons, Gift Cards & Discounts. Walmart offers their own app as well as price matching and coupons. Make sure you do one or any of the following to maximize their already great prices and that you don’t miss out on the best deals.
|Chase Freedom® Card - Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. -Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate.|
Apply Now---Chase Freedom Card Review
|Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express - Earn $150 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months. Earn 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%).|
Learn More---Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express
|Capital One® SavorOneSM Cash Rewards Credit Card - Earn $150 cash bonus |
after you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months. Earn unlimited 3% cash back on dining & entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases.
Learn More---Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Review
6 Ways to Save Money at Walmart:
1. Buy Walmart Gift Cards: You probably already know my first rule of retail shopping. Get your discount before you even step foot into a store. How do you always ensure you get sale prices even if there is no promotion? Pre-purchase a gift card from a gift card exchange site. My favorite sites to shop for Discounted Walmart gift cards are at eBay, Raise.com ($5 Off Code), CardCash or CardPool ($5 Off new user sign up). With pre-purchased Walmart gift cards you have already saved up to 8% on your entire purchase.
2. Use Coupons: Walmart offers their own store coupons, accepts manufacture’s coupons and also lets you use local competitor coupons that list the item’s price. Before you head out to the store, simply check their site and scan for coupons you can print to use in-store. One of my favorite thing about their coupon policy is that they allow overage on your coupon. You can apply the overage to pay for the remainder of your order or receive cash back. Be sure to check Store Coupon Policy on use of coupons.
3. Get the Savings Catcher app: It’s probably the easiest way to save, just scan or manually enter your receipt bar code number. The Savings Catcher app compares prices for local retailers, as well as current advertised sale prices and if they find a lower price, they’ll credit you the difference on a gift card. Bonus, you can receive double the Savings Catcher Reward Dollars if you redeem them to your Bluebird Card.
4. Free In-Store Pick Up: Shop items on their website to get some great deals, and if you don’t meet the $50 minimum for free shipping you can opt to pick up in store at no cost. Alternatively you can have your items ship-to-store for free pick up as well, especially if its an online exclusive.
5. Price Match: Walmart will Price Match local competitors and select online retailers* for an identical, in-stock item. For in-store, simply show your cashier the ad and they will match it right there. They will also price match their online Walmart.com prices.
6. Use Rebates: On top of gift card savings, coupons and price match use rebates to cull even more savings. When shopping online go through portals like TopCashBack or Ebates (currently both sites are offering a $10 sign up bonus) to get a percentage back on your entire purchase. For in-store purchases make sure you have a rebate app like Ibotta and Checkout51 which lets you accrue cash back for buying specific everyday items like bread, milk or eggs at any grocery store.
And finally, don’t you hate it when you buy something and it goes on sale the next day? It’s not a problem if you use their Price Adjustment policy to ensure you don’t ever over pay on an item. Simply ask for a price adjustment on the item within the return period. Applying just a few of these strategies will help you save even more on Walmart’s low price guarantee. See more Ways to Save Money!
|HSBC Premier checking account: Get $750 when you open a Premier checking account and make recurring Direct Deposits totaling at least $5,000 from a third party per calendar month for 3 consecutive months from the first full calendar month after account opening. Member FDIC Terms|
|TD Bank Checking Bonus: Earn $300 with the Beyond Checking account when you receive direct deposits of $2,500 or more within 60 days of opening your account. Earn $150 with the Convenience Checking account when you receive direct deposits of $500 or more within 60 days of opening your account.
Apply Now---TD Bank Checking Review
|Chase College CheckingSM: Get $100 as a new Chase checking customer when you open a Chase College CheckingSM account, enroll in paperless statements and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening. The account comes with free Chase Debit Card, Mobile Check Deposit, Banker guidance, Text banking and QuickPay with Zelle. Get Coupon---Chase College Checking Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM – Earn $300 bonus when you open a new Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM account and set up direct deposit. The Chase Premier Checking account comes with free Chase Debit Card, free Online Banking and Online Bill Pay, free Mobile Banking, free Account Alerts, and free access to 16,000 Chase ATMs & nearly 5,000 branches. Apply Now---Chase Premier Plus Checking Review|