Athol Savings Bank is a standard bank that offers a full selection of account options. To find out if Athol Savings Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
Sprouting from Athol, Massachusetts, this bank was named after the city and has various checking and savings accounts for those who want to settle down. They also offer a great variety of interest bearing checking accounts with pretty low requirements!
Offering a senior checking account and holidays savings accounts, Athol Savings Bank encourages those who are looking into retirement to bank with them more.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with Athol Savings Bank
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with Athol Savings Bank
- 11 Athol Savings Bank Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How Athol Savings Bank Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Athol Savings Bank has a great selection of checking accounts that you can open online for free. Each checking account comes with a complimentary thank you gift from ASB themselves.
This free checking account has no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
This account also comes with a free Athol Savings Bank Debit Card and access to all online/mobile banking.
In addition to those, ASB will also reward you with a thank you gift.
This is also a free checking account, except you can earn interest on it.
With no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements, this makes earning interest more enjoyable.
As soon as you apply, your account will start earning tiered interest rates.
This checking account is for those who are 50 years and older and they can earn interest on it, completely fee-free.
This account comes with all the benefits a standard checking account has.
Those who often have a higher balance can also earn higher interest rates with this checking account.
As long as you maintain a daily balance of $2,500, you will continue to earn interest.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Athol Savings Bank has a good selection of savings accounts with really low minimum requirements; however, you may have to contact them to ask about the official opening deposit amounts.
With this savings account, you can earn interest on this savings account with just a daily balance of $10.
There is also no monthly fee if you maintain a daily balance of $100.
Some additional benefits that this account comes with is Overdraft Protection and free eStatements.
This basically has the same benefits as the Transactional Statement savings.
This checking account offers a manageable record of transactions and interest payments. You can earn interest as long as you have a daily balance of just $10.
You can also waive the monthly fee by keeping a daily balance of $100.
This is a holiday savings account that you can store money towards. Open this account with a minimum of $10 and start saving for holiday or vacations!
There is no minimum balance requirement nor monthly fees to worry about either.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB122 by 03/15/2022
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.50% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.50% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Athol Savings Bank has two money market that earns competitive interest rates.
This is Athol Savings Bank’s standard money market account. You can earn interest with a minimum balance of $10.
If you want to waive the monthly fee, however, you will need a daily balance of $2,500.
This account also comes with monthly eStatements, check writing privileges, overdraft protection and free non-ASB ATM transactions (up to 5)
With an opening deposit of $10, you can also start earning interest.
If you have a daily balance of $2,500 you can waive the monthly fee.
This account comes with the same benefits as the regular money market.
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.45% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.40% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
Athol Savings Bank offers CDs with decent interest rates. These CD terms range from 3 months to 5 years and each of them requires $500 to open.
Yet again, you can earn interest with just a $10 minimum daily balance!
To find more about their CDs, click here.
The CDs will automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 1.00% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with Athol Savings Bank
- Most of their accounts are completely free to open when you open them online.
- They have reasonable minimum balance requirements for the accounts that do have them.
- They have low monthly fees also and easy to maintain waivers.
- You can earn interest on most account with a daily balance of just $10!
- All their accounts may come with similar benefits, but they are still pretty decent.
- They offer pretty decent competitive interest rates throughout all their accounts that earns interest.
- Has a lot of free interest checking accounts that require no monthly fees.
- Their money market accounts are reasonable to open.
- Has a senior citizen checking account that earns interest.
- They have a good ratio of checking to savings accounts.
- Has holiday savings accounts that don’t require monthly fees.
- You can get overdraft protection for your accounts.
- They have 24-hour Drive-Up ATMs.
- Conduct all your banking online (recommended) or through the Athol Savings Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Athol Savings Bank
- They are only located in Massachusetts.
- They have vague opening deposit amounts.
- You might have to call Athol Savings Bank to ask about opening deposits for their accounts.
- They lack a youth/student checking or savings account.
- They don’t offer a senior savings account.
- There are no relationship accounts.
- Lack of a 24-hour telephone service line.
Athol Savings Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Athol Savings Bank is 053200983.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach Athol Savings Bank at 888-830-3200.
A customer representative will be available to speak to you at these hours:
- Monday–Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Closed on Sundays
Hours actually may vary depending on each branch. For more information about branch hours, click here.
How Athol Savings Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Huntington Bank: Huntington offers a variety of account options to choose from. Right now, Huntington is offering bonuses when you sign up for select checking accounts, including business ones!
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- PNC Bank: PNC Bank offers free access to PNC Bank ATMs, free mobile/online banking, reimbursement of PNC fees for use of non-PNC ATMs, and many other features that can be found on their website. They have several account options.
- Capital One 360: Capital One 360, you can bank fee-free with online and mobile checking that actually pays you back. Whether you’re looking for one of their 40,000 fee-free ATMs or a Capital One location–chances are they are right nearby.
If you live in Massachusetts and are looking to invest in an affordable, easily manageable checking or savings accounts, Althol Savings Bank may have what you need.
Most of their interest bearing accounts are fee-free and only require about $10 to as a starting deposit to earn interest, even their money market accounts!
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If you’re interested in banking with Athol Savings Bank, then apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!