Nowadays pretty much anything can be done online – like banking! If you’re content with never going to a physical branch, online banking may be a pleasant option for you. There are great benefits that come with banks that are solely online, but also some downsides worth considering.
Memory Bank is one of the many banks that operate solely online. They’re a division of Republic Bank & Trust and like all online banks, can be accessed from a computer, laptop, phone, or tablet anytime and anywhere. A common theme of online banks are their high interest rates. Since they no longer have to pay for physical locations, they can offer rates higher than usual.
If you’re interested, continue reading below to learn about all the different accounts and options you have when banking with Memory Bank!
Table of Contents
Checking Account Options
Th Earnmore Checking Account does not require any initial deposit nor does it have any monthly maintenance fees or minimum balance. This account does earn interest (higher interest than many other banks) and you have the freedom of writing checks or using your MasterCard Debit Card to make purchases.
Compare Checking Accounts
Open your Asterisk-Free Checking® account today and enjoy:
• $150 bonus by making total deposits of at least $1,000 within 60 days of account opening.
• Free to open and free to maintain with no monthly maintenance fees
• 24-Hour Grace Overdraft Relief
• All Day DepositSM
• Enjoy mobile & online banking
Money Market Account Options
Memory Bank offers an Online Money Market Account that gives you access to even higher interest rates with the same benefits. This isn’t your regular money market account. The only exception is the number of withdrawals you can make. Per FDIC rules, you may only make six withdrawals per cycle. If you make more withdrawals, you may have to pay an “excessive withdrawal fee.” No Monthly service fee is required for this account.
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.85% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.80% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the BBVA Money Market Account, you’ll enjoy:
• Earn 0.21% APY (Annual Percentage Yield)
• Earn this exceptional rate on your entire balance
• $25 minimum opening deposit required
• Get a competitive rate, with tiered interest to grow your money faster
• Interest compounds and is credited monthly
• Easily withdraw money in branch & at BBVA ATMs w/no fees
• Enjoy 24/7 online access with Online and Mobile Banking
• Link to your BBVA checking account for Overdraft Protection
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 1.00% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
Reasons To Bank with Memory Bank
- Memory Bank is FDIC insured – up to $250,000 per account. Even if Memory Bank goes out of business, your money is safe.
- When you bank with Memory Bank you’ll gain access to over 92,000 network ATMs. The bank app comes with an ATM locator to find the one nearest you. Additionally, they don’t charge fees for using a third party ATM, but the other ATM provider may still place a charge.
- You can open an account within 10 minutes. If you’re prepared with all the necessary information, you can finalize opening your account within 10 minutes.
- Nationwide – Be anywhere in the US and still be able to open an account.
- Earn purchase rewards. On the mobile app or online you can enable some offers available to your account to get yourself some sweet cash back.
- Alert Notifications. Set up different alerts for your account. For example, you can set up alerts for a low balance threshold, transactions of a certain amount, or deposits.
- Online statement are free – and are attainable for up to 18 months.
- Deposit your checks on the mobile app in the comfort of your own home.
Reasons Not To Bank with Memory Bank
- Limited Options – Online banks usually don’t have a wide arrange of account – like Memory Bank. You can only choose from one checking account and one savings account.
- An obvious reason; there are no physical branches. If you prefer in-person banking, you should definitely look elsewhere.
- No options for business account. As stated above, they only offer 2 different accounts. If you want a business account, you’ll have to look elsewhere.
Memory Bank Routing Number
The main routing number is 091017620. To find find this routing number, you can simply check the bottom left corner of your checks – check to see if this number differs.
Contact Customer Service
Reach Memory Bank Customer Service at 1-877-757-3400. Reps are available Monday – Friday from 7:30 AM – 8 PM
In addition, you’re able to fill out an online Customer Service Request, but a response can to take between one and two business days.
How Memory Bank Compares
- My Direct Savings – MySavingsDirect only offers online savings accounts. They have two options: the High Interest Savings and the CD. The savings account doesn’t have minimum account balance requirements and it doesn’t have a monthly service fee.
Choosing a bank that best suits your needs is a crucial decision. You’ll be investing time and money into these institutions and will need to make the right choice and be sure the bank/credit union will offer you what you need. It’s very important to keep in mind the potential fees that may incur and how to avoid them if possible. If First Tennessee has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today!