Interested in a delivery service to get food quicker and in the comfort of your own home? DoorDash is a service where restaurants who do not have a delivery program are able to deliver with DoorDash drivers to get you your food anywhere you are!
If you are new to DoorDash and you sign up through this referral link, you will be able to get up to $10 off towards your first 3 orders!
DoorDash Coupon Codes
DoorDash has a number of promo codes. Current codes can be viewed below:
- 50FORSHIP for $50 off $69.99 with promo code. Requires dashpass. Only works in select locations.
- HOOPS for $5 off. Works on pickup orders.
- LIFESAVING22 for $10 Off Pet Orders Of $10+
- YOUR25OFF for 25% off.
- FEELINHUNGRY for 50% off. Valid until 7/4/22
- 30Yum works for 30% off.
- 25UPTO7 works for 25% off up to $7 off. Minimum $15 spend
- EATDD75 (75% off). Maximum of $15 off. This code is highly YMMV so won’t work for most people.
- EATDD50 (50% off) and EATDD25 (25% off)
- SHIPMDAY 50% off and free shipping up to $25 off on select stores.
- WOOF10 works for $10 off your first pet order
- HEAT works for 50% off, up to $10. Miami area only, not sure if similar codes are available in other areas.
- FEELINHUNGRY works for 50% off.
- DPGO works for first group order. 20% off, $40+ required and $20 maximum discount.
- YUMDEALS732 works for $7 off $10.
($10 Free to first 3 orders)
- $5 off every month when you use your Mastercard World and World Elite card at checkout.
- Free DashPass for Chase cardholders such as Chase Sapphire Reserve, Sapphire Preferred, Southwest, Marriott, United, Disney, IHG, British Airways, Aer Lingus, Iberia, and World of Hyatt credit cards.
- Discounted $4.99 DashPass for Students
- $5 monthly DoorDash in-app credit for Chase Sapphire cardholders
DoorDash Ordering Process
Probably the easiest way to begin using DoorDash is to enter your address on their home page, or by clicking on your neighborhood in the list under each city’s name. From there, DoorDash will let you know which restaurants in your area they work with.
At this point, you’ll also be able to view an estimated delivery time, which will be updated again when you check out, depending on the size of your order. Based on when you place your order, a restaurant might be listed as “Busy,” which means “their current delivery time exceeds standards for a fast delivery, and they’re temporarily not accepting orders for that restaurant.”
Beginning Your Order
Begin by clicking on the restaurant you’re interested in, you’ll be able to view their menu. If they offer different menus at different times of the day, you’ll be presented with all options.
After choosing your menu, you’ll be able to view all available selections. See something you like? Just click on the dish, choose the quantity, indicate what you’d like to do if an item isn’t available (e.g. refund item, cancel entire order, contact you, etc.), and add to cart. This is also where you’ll enter any special instructions.
After Your Order Has Been Placed
Once your order has been placed, DoorDash will either immediately send it over to the restaurant of your choice. Or, if you’ve selected a specific time (up to four days in advance), DoorDash will send it over at an optimal time in order to ensure it’s “hot and fresh from the kitchen.”
DoorDash Delivery Cost
DoorDash is paid a commission by each restaurant they work with. As such, some restaurants may pass the cost of this commission along to their customers (making their base prices slightly higher), while others will keep their prices the same as an in-restaurant visit.
Your delivery fee can vary, but it will always be listed on the checkout page prior to finalizing your order; along with an itemized list of your order, food cost, and tax. You’ll also be able to enter a tip in this section, and invite friends to earn credits applicable toward future orders.
In addition to a Doordash food delivery fee, the Doordash food deliverywill also charge a “service fee”, which varies based on the restaurant from not Doordash Delivery fee or Doordash service fee.
Like any delivery service, yes, DoorDash can make it more convenient to get food from some of your favorite restaurants delivered right to your door. If you are looking to use Doordash food delivery, make sure to sign up through this post in order to get save on your first order.
From this perspective, while placing a delivery order will almost always come with some kind of added cost (such as a tip for the driver), you might be paying more on all sides when it comes to DoorDash. In other words, your food might be more expensive due to the restaurant’s commission with the company, on top of DoorDash’s delivery fee and any tip (although this last part is certainly optional).
Add to this that, even if you live in a city where DoorDash operates, you’ll still need to be in a very specific neighborhood (often urban and centralized) in order to take advantage of their service.
DoorDash is a great way to have access to delivery at restaurants who do not normally deliver! The DoorDash mobile apps are easy to use as their iOS version has 4.5-star rating and a 3-star rating on Android. Overall, it seems like both of these apps work reasonably well with
Doordash’s services. Be sure to sign up if you haven’t already to save up to $15 on your first order! Feel free to continue reading on HustlerMoneyBlog for more ways to Save Money and for the Best Cash Back Shopping Portals!