Charles Schwab offers investors a complete suite of products and services with excellent stock research, quality trade tools, and professional planning.
They have everything from stocks and options trading to fixed income and retirement guidance.
While Ally Invest is an online brokerage firm of Ally Bank.
They offer a fee-free investing for managed portfolios and for self-directed trading. Plus investing platform supports supports stocks, ETFs, mutual funds, bonds, and option.
Continue reading to see our table for a side-by-side comparison between Charles Schwab and Ally Invest.
|Ally Invest Self-Directed Trading||Up to $3,000 Cash & free trades||Review|
|J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing||Up to $625 Cash||Review|
|Axos Self Directed Trading||$150 Cash||Review|
|Axos Managed Portfolio||$150 Cash||Review|
|TradeStation||Up to $5,000 Cash & free trades||Review|
|WeBull||6 Free Stocks & free trades||Review|
|SoFi Invest||$25 Bonus and free trades||Review|
|Charles Schwab||Ally Invest|
|Mutual Fund Trading||4/5|
|Commissions and Fees||3/5||5/5|
|Ease of Use||4/5||4/5|
|Pros||-Selection of commission-free
ETFs and mutual funds
-2 platforms: beginners and advanced traders
-24/7 customer service including online chat
|-Low commission for stock trades
-No account minimums
|Cons||-Commission cost on mutual funds
outside of the commission-free funds
-Robo-advisor option requires
a minimum investment of $5,000
|-No physical locations|
|Bottom Line||Charles Schwab is great for beginning and advanced investors. It offers low fees and 24/7 customer support that brokers might find helpful.||Ally Invest offers a complete investment platform with strong services and zero fees.|
Ally Bank Promotions
Open an Ally Invest account to enjoy all these benefits:
• Earn up to $3,000 cash bonus with deposit amount requirement
• Free Trades for 90 days (up to $500 in value) when you open a new Ally Invest Securities Individual, Joint or Retirement account.
• 500+ commission-free ETFs
• $4.95 per equity trade with no opening minimum & option trades 65¢ per contract
• $3.95 per equity trade for high-balance/high-volume traders & option trades 50¢ per contract
• LIVE Trading Platform & Mobile App: Stay on top of the market with live news/streaming quotes available across multiple devices the mobile app.
• Get a wide variety of investment products built with the do-it-yourself investor in mind PLUS in-depth research & market analysis tools to support all types of investment strategies
Compare to Other Institutions
- Ally Bank vs Bank of America
- Ally Bank vs Wealthfront
- Ally Bank vs Capital One
- Ally Bank vs Marcus by Goldman Sachs
- Ally Bank vs Axos Bank
- Ally Bank vs CIT Bank
- Ally Bank vs Discover Bank
- TD Bank vs Ally Bank
Which Bank is Better: Charles Schwab or Ally Invest?
- Charles Schwab offers investors a wide array of services and tools including a top-notch mobile app.
- Ally is good for active traders and budget investors because of their complete investment platform with strong services and zero fees.
More on Charles Schwab:
- How to Find Your Charles Schwab Login
- What Are Charles Schwab’s Hours?
- Charles Schwab Routing Number
More on Ally:
- How To Open an Ally Bank Account
- What Are Ally Bank’s Hours?
- How To Find and Use Your Ally Bank Login
- Ally Bank Routing Number