There are no monthly service fees, but both the savings and money market requires a $100 minimum deposit while term CDs require a $1,000 minimum
While KeyBank offers variety of checking and savings account options with differing perks such as lower loan rates, higher APY rates on savings options, and more!
However, KeyBank does have higher monthly fees with more difficult monthly fee waivers. If the fees are a bit much, no worries as there is a free checking account option.
Continue reading below to see a side-by-side comparison between the two banks, so you can see which one offers the services you need the most.
|Locations||Online-only bank||More than 3,000 branches across the U.S. (Locator)|
|ATMs||More than 4,700 ATMs|
-No monthly service fees
-Low opening deposits
|-Promo CD with high APY
-Free student account
-24/7 customer service
|Cons||-No physical locations
-No check writing
|-High minimums to waive fees
– Low savings
|Bottom Line||CIT Bank is a good online bank that offers a good eChecking account and savings options.|||US Bank offers a wide selection of accounts catered to your needs.|
CIT Bank Promotions
With the CIT Bank Savings Builders account:
• Earn a top tier, competitive APY on your money—one of the top savings rates in the nation. Earn 0.40% APY on your funds - grow your savings faster.
• Build a habit of savings. Pay yourself first. Start with $100 per month and build your habit of savings-—all while getting a top rate.
• FDIC Insured
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
With the CIT Bank No-Penalty 11-Month CD:
• Earn 0.30% APY on your funds with just a $1,000 minimum deposit.
• The perfect balance between a great fixed rate and flexible money access.
• Access funds, if needed. No penalty.
• No opening or maintenance fees
• Shorter 11-month timeframe and a great APY
• If you need your funds prior to the maturity date, you can withdraw your money — including any interest earned — beginning seven days after the funds have been received. No penalty. No problem. It's the security of a CD with the flexibility to access your funds early if you need them.
Compare to Other Banks
- CIT Bank vs US Bank
- CIT Bank vs Ally Bank
- CIT Bank vs Wells Fargo
- CIT Bank vs KeyBank
- Ally Bank vs CIT Bank
- Chase vs CIT Bank
- Synchrony Bank vs CIT Bank
Which Bank is Better: CIT Bank or KeyBank?
- CIT Bank’s money market account is outstanding. They offer high rates without the balance requirements, so this is a good choice if you aren’t able to commit saving a certain amount each month.
- KeyBank offers a variety of deposit account options. Their mobile app suits a great user experience.
More on CIT Bank:
- What Are CIT Bank’s Hours?
- CIT Bank Routing Number
- How to Open CIT Bank Account
- Why CIT Bank is Trustworthy
- How To Use and Find Your CIT Bank Login
More on KeyBank: