There are no monthly service fees, but both the savings and money market requires a $100 minimum deposit while term CDs require a $1,000 minimum.
In comparison to US Bank has different locations with more than 3,000 branches across 26 states.
Continue reading below to see a side-by-side comparison between the two banks, so you can see which one offers the services you need the most.
See our best bank bonuses updated daily to earn up to $1,000 in free money. Find popular checking offers such as Chase Bank, HSBC Bank, TD Bank, Huntington Bank, BBVA, Discover Bank, and CIT Bank. See our best rates for Savings and CD too.
|Chase Business Checking $300 Bonus||Chase Private Client $2,000 Bonus|
|Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus||Chase SavingsSM $150 Bonus|
|HSBC Premier Checking $450 Bonus||HSBC Premier Checking Up To $600|
|HSBC Advance Checking $200 Bonus||HSBC Advance Checking Up To $240|
|TD Bank Premier Checking $300 Bonus||TD Bank Convenience Checking $150 Bonus|
|Huntington 25 Checking $500 Bonus||Huntington 5 Checking $200 Bonus|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking $150 Bonus||Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking $750 Bonus|
|Huntington Unlimited Business Checking $400 Bonus||Huntington Business Checking 100 $200 Bonus|
|Axos Basic Business Checking $100 Bonus||Aspiration Spend & Save Account $100 Bonus|
|CIT Bank||US Bank|
|Locations||Online-only bank||More than 3,000 branches across the U.S. (Locator)|
|ATMs||More than 4,700 ATMs|
-No monthly service fees
-Low opening deposits
|-Promo CD with high APY
-Free student account
-24/7 customer service
|Cons||-No physical locations
-No check writing
|-High minimums to waive fees
– Low savings
|Bottom Line||CIT Bank is a good online bank that offers a good eChecking account and savings options.|||US Bank offers a wide selection of accounts catered to your needs.|
CIT Bank Promotions
With the CIT Bank Savings Builders account:
• Earn a top tier, competitive APY on your money—one of the top savings rates in the nation. Earn 0.55% APY on your funds - grow your savings faster.
• Build a habit of savings. Pay yourself first. Start with $100 per month and build your habit of savings-—all while getting a top rate.
• FDIC Insured
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.60% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.35% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
With the CIT Bank No-Penalty 11-Month CD:
• Earn 0.35% APY on your funds with just a $1,000 minimum deposit.
• The perfect balance between a great fixed rate and flexible money access.
• Access funds, if needed. No penalty.
• No opening or maintenance fees
• Shorter 11-month timeframe and a great APY
• If you need your funds prior to the maturity date, you can withdraw your money — including any interest earned — beginning seven days after the funds have been received. No penalty. No problem. It's the security of a CD with the flexibility to access your funds early if you need them.
Which Bank is Better: CIT Bank or US Bank?
- CIT Bank’s money market account is outstanding. They offer high rates without the balance requirements, so this is a good choice if you aren’t able to commit saving a certain amount each month.
- US Bank offers different types of accounts from savings to retirements. They also catering to students and senior citizens.