The Chase Sapphire Preferred® card is an excellent choice to consider as travel card, especially if you’re just starting off. It’s one of the more popular card on the market right now with an affordable annual fee, a generous sign-up bonus and easy-to-redeem options.
If you are interested in this card, you can continue reading below to learn 9 fun facts about Chase Sapphire Preferred. Check out the sign-up bonuses for Chase Checking/Savings accounts.
Table of Contents
- 1 9 Fun Facts About The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
- 1.1 1. You Earn Double Points On Travel & Dining
- 1.2 2. The Sign-Up Bonus Is Worth At Least $1000, But We Value It At $1600
- 1.3 3. You Can Add Authorized Users For Free
- 1.4 4. It Makes Your Other Chase Cards More Rewarding
- 1.5 5. It Comes With Travel Protections
- 1.6 6. As Well As Concierge Services
- 1.7 7. You’ll Have Access To Sapphire Lifestyle Experiences
- 1.8 8. You Can Earn Up To 75,000 Bonus Points Each Year By Referring Your Friends
- 1.9 9. It’s A Fancy Metal Card
- 2 Bottom Line
9 Fun Facts About The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
You get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee & reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
1. You Earn Double Points On Travel & Dining
Check out our review on the Chase Sapphire Preferred® card to learn more about Ultimate Rewards points. We also teach you how to transfer the 60,000 welcome bonus into rewards that’s worth about $1,200.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is known as a travel and dining card. Things like Uber, parking meters, public transit, coffee shops and food trucks can be considered in these categories and will earn double Ultimate Rewards points!
2. The Sign-Up Bonus Is Worth At Least $1000, But We Value It At $1600
Currently, you can earn 80,000 bonus points when you spend at least $4,000 on purchases in your first three months as a new Chase Sapphire Preferred cardmember. If you redeem your points directly through the Ultimate Rewards portal, you’ll get a estimated value of $1,000.
To maximize your points value, transfer them to one of Chase’s airline or hotel partners. Including Southwest, United, Hyatt, British Airways and many more. When transferred, we value Ultimate Rewards points at $0.02 each, valuing the bonus to be $1,600.
*Check our review page for the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card for the latest offer. Keep in mind that the bonus points offer may have changed.
3. You Can Add Authorized Users For Free
You can add authorized users for free! This is a great way to meet the bonus spending requirement by sharing with your significant other or build your child’s credit history.
4. It Makes Your Other Chase Cards More Rewarding
Cashback Chase cards will earn you rewards that are issued in the form of non-transferable Ultimate Rewards points. If you pair these cards with Chase Sapphire Preferred, you can move your non-transferable points to your account to double in value.
5. It Comes With Travel Protections
Chase Sapphire Preferred offers some of the best travel protections, so travel without worry! You can get benefits such as primary car rental insurance, trip cancellation or interruption coverage, baggage delay insurance and trip delay reimbursement.
6. As Well As Concierge Services
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card includes complimentary Visa Signature concierge services. You can call them whenever for help with restaurant reservations, arranging train tickets, booking excursions, inspiration for things to do and more!
7. You’ll Have Access To Sapphire Lifestyle Experiences
The Sapphire cards allow you to experience an exclusive lifestyle with lounge concept, members-only access to receptions at live music and sporting events and more.
8. You Can Earn Up To 75,000 Bonus Points Each Year By Referring Your Friends
Chase Sapphire Preferred has a referral program where you can earn 15,000 bonus Ultimate Rewards points for each person that gets approved using your unique referral link. Not only that but, you can invite as many people as you want! Keep in mind that your referral bonuses max out at 75,000 points per year. Check out our Chase Credit Card Refer-A-Friend referral program to see the most recent updates.
9. It’s A Fancy Metal Card
Although you should apply for cards with good benefits, this card is designed with blue metal that looks amazing. If this is a deal breaker for you, just know that it is not plastic like other mid-tier cards.
If you’re interested in Chase, you can check out the Best Chase Credit Cards and the latest Chase Bank promotions here to learn more about what they can offer! However, if you’re not interested with the Sapphire Preferred® card or would like to look elsewhere, check out our Best Credit Cards and credit card reviews to see which card fits your needs the most!