Find everything you need to know about Chase Refer-A-Friend bonuses here.
It’s well known that Chase offers the best sign up bonuses from their checking or saving accounts and to some of their credit cards! Now they’re making it easier to earn more points, or cash, thanks to the Chase-Refer-A-Friend program!
You’ll be able to earn up to 200,000 bonus points per year when you refer your friends/family to apply for a credit card from Chase and become approved.
With this program, you earn a bonus for each friend that signs up for a new Chase credit card! This can help you earn points faster which you can redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards for your next award flight or hotel stay.
This program allows an easy way to accumulate bonus points without having spend or conduct any transactions.
Continue reading below to learn more about how this program works and which credit cards are eligible!
Below is a list of Chase credit cards that are offering referrals. *Updated 1/5/2024*
|Rewards Per Referral
|Chase Ink® (any card)
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®
|$100 cash back
|$500 cash back
|Chase Freedom FlexSM
|$100 cash back
|$500 cash back
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
|Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card
|Southwest Rapid Rewards (any card)
|Marriott Bonvoy™ credit card (any)
|The World Of Hyatt Credit Card
|Disney Visa or Premier Visa Card
|100 Disney Rewards Dollars
|500 Disney Rewards Dollars
|IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card (any card)
|UnitedSM Explorer Card
|United ClubSM Infinite Card
|British Airways Visa Signature® card
*Keep in mind that referral bonuses may not be available for every card from Chase as this list can change over time. It’s best to check regularly in the case your card offers a referral bonus.
What is Chase Refer-A-Friend?
This program helps you earn points when the people you refer signs up and gets approved for by using your personalized referral link. There are several cards that are available for the referral bonuses, keep in mind that not every card will be eligible.
|Chase Business Complete Checking®
|Chase Private Client
|Chase Total Checking®
|J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing
|Up to $700 Cash
|Chase College CheckingSM
|Chase Secure BankingSM
How to Refer a Friend
See below, the step-by-step on how you can refer a friend and earn bonus points.
- You can go to the Refer-A-Friend site and check if your card is participating, or you can enter your details to see if your Chase card is eligible for any Refer-A-Friend promotions. You’ll need:
- Your last name
- Zip Code
- Last four digits of your number
- You’ll see if your card is eligible for this program and what you will get. Keep in mine to check often because the bonus promotion can change!
- You will see your personalized referral link and once you copy the link, you can then share in different ways like text or email!
- You may also see that you can send an invitation through Twitter and sometimes Facebook.
- You friends will see a website with card offers, there will be an Apply Now button. As long as your friends click through the referral link your sent, you will be awarded the bonus points.
You can also send referrals from your phone!
- Log in to the Chase app and you’ll see find a list if your active Chase cards.
- Choose which card you want to refer a friends
- Under the card name, click on the three dots in the lower right corner.
- A “Refer Friends” option will come up if the card is eligible.
- It’ll take you to a screen that will allow you to send an email or text invite.
Chase Credit Cards Referral
The cards eligible for referrals changes, so if you can’t refer your friends today be sure to check again later! To be able to refer a friend to a Chase credit card, you must be a hold of that credit card.
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Credit Card – Earn up to 50K bonus yearly
- You can get 10,000 bonus points for each friend who gets any participating Southwest Rapid Rewards® Credit Card. See below for the Southwest Rapid Rewards Cards:
(Visit the link above to see if your card is currently participating.)
Other Credit Cards We Recommend:
- Chase Freedom® Credit Card Review
- The Chase Ink Business CashSM Credit Card Review
- Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card Review
Chase Bank Referral
Know someone who needs a checking or savings account? You can enjoy up to $500 per year when you refer your friends through Chase.
Below is a list of Chase bank promotions that might be offering referral bonuses.
- Your referrals will can earn a bonus when they open a new Chase Total Checking® with qualifying activities.
- You will get $50 for each friend who opens a qualifying checking or savings account (up to 10 bonuses per year), you can get up to $500 per year.
(Visit the link above to invite your friends to bank with Chase.)
Tips & Tricks
Avoid referring via email. It can take up to 7 days for the referral email to send if you choose to send your referral link via email.. Instead, copy your link and send the email yourself.
Chase 5/24 rule. If your referral has signed up for more than 5 cards from any bank in the last 24 months, Chase will not approve your referral’s application. Be sure your referral is aware of this rule.
Sign-up bonus. Notify your friend that there are typically sign-up bonuses for the account/card they’re applying for. It’s a win-win situation were both parties will be rewarded (given both parties meet the requirements).
Authorized users. You can refer authorized users from your card to own their own card. This way, you will earn a referral bonus and your referred party will earn the card’s current sign-up bonus (if they meet the requirements).
Taxes. You’ll be responsible for pay taxes on any points/bonuses you receive. Chase may send you a 1099 for the referral bonuses – we recommend you get in contact with a tax professional in this case.
Chase’s Refer-A-Friend program is an easy way to earn Ultimate Rewards points, hotel points or airline miles. So if you know someone who needs a new Chase card, go ahead and send them your referral link!