The Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express is offering a welcome offer of 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Additionally, earn a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
Earn 2 miles for every dollar you spend directly with Delta flights. All other eligible purchases earn 1 mile for every dollar spent. Enjoy more benefits with the Amex Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card. Check them out below!
Redeem your miles for flights without seat restrictions and blackout dates. Best of all, receive all of this for a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year of Card Membership, then $95 (see Rates & Fees).
* You can also compare the Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card From American Express with other credit card bonuses!
Editor’s Note: If you have a side business, then your business is called a sole proprietorship. These include selling on eBay, Craigslist, or freelance work. Simply use your name as business ID and Social Security number as tax ID.
Table of Contents
- 1 Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Card Summary
- 2 Editor’s Alternate Pick
- 3 Gold Delta SkyMiles Business 30,000 Bonus Miles & $50 Statement Credit
- 4 What are Delta SkyMiles Worth?
- 5 Redeem for Flights, Upgrades, & More
- 6 Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Top Features
- 7 Additional Business, Purchase, & Travel Benefits From American Express
- 8 Bottom Line
- 9 Wh0’s the Competition?
Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Card Summary
|Bonus Available|| Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
Additionally, earn a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
|Travel Credit||No travel credit|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||2 Miles on every eligible dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta.
1 Mile on every eligible dollar spent on other purchases.
Priority boarding, first checked bag free
|Foreign Transaction Fees||None (see Rates & Fees)|
|Airport Lounge Access||Not available|
|Annual Fee||Waived first year; $95 annually|
- No foreign transaction fees
- First checked bag free
- Annual fee
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
Editor’s Alternate Pick
The Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card offers 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
You'll earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year; 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn. Furthermore, points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee but does not have any foreign transaction fees.
Gold Delta SkyMiles Business 30,000 Bonus Miles
& $50 Statement Credit
With the Gold Delta SkyMiles Business, you can earn 30,000 bonus SkyMiles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months. Plus, also receive $50 cashback in the form of a statement credit after making a Delta purchase within the first three months of Card membership.
|• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.|
|• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on the bank.|
|• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.|
|As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
What are Delta SkyMiles Worth?
The value of your miles depends on how you use them, one Delta SkyMile is worth $0.012. It’s slightly above the rewards average of $0.01 per point.
If you’re ready to redeem your SkyMiles, you can redeem them on the following:
- Flights with Delta
- Flights with partner airlines
- Hotel stays
- Car rentals
- Vacation packages
- Exclusive experiences
- Gift cards
- Charity donations
But if you want to get the best value for you SkyMiles, use them for award travel with Delta or one of its many partners.
SkyMiles SkyTeam & Non-Alliance Partners Include
- Aerolineas Argentinas
- Air Europa
- Air France
- Air Tahiti nui
- China Airlines
- China Eastern
- China Southern
- Czech Airlines
- Garuda Indonesia
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Jet Airways
- Kenya Airways
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Korean Air
- Mandarin Airlines
- Middle East Airlines
- Saudia Airlines
- Shanghai Airlines
- Tarom Airlines
- Vietnam Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
- Virgin Australia
- Xiamen Airlines
Redeem for Flights, Upgrades, & More
Use SkyMiles earned with Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express for award flights and seat upgrades with Delta Airlines and other flexible flight redemption offers with Delta partners. It doesn’t stop at travel. Redeem miles for merchandise, gift cards, and more.
- Flights – Redeem miles for Delta award flights starting at 20,000 miles for a round-trip flight. You can also reduce the cost of purchased flights by $50 dollars for every 5,000 miles. Go beyond Delta with your mile. Book flights with the SkyTeam Global Alliance and SkyMiles airline partners.
- Upgrade Seats – Redeem for upgrades of main cabin seats to Delta One, first class, or business class seats for you or someone else. You’ll still earn reward miles on the original purchased flight as you upgrade your seats.
- Gift Cards & Shopping – Use your miles to shop the SkyMiles Marketplace for gift cards, electronics, home goods, a wide variety of apparel and merchandise and even tickets to shows and sporting events.
- More Options – Join the Delta SkyClub with annual unlimited membership starting at 70,000 miles. You can also donate miles to charity through the SkyWish program.
Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Top Features
Earn 2 miles for every $1 spent made directly with Delta. Then, earn 1 mile for every $1 spent on eligible purchases. Then, redeem your points for either a partial or full flight.
There are no blackout dates nor seat restrictions with Delta booking system. Redemption starts at 10,000 miles for $100 off any Delta air ticket.
Skip the line with priority boarding. You’ll have plenty of space for your carry-on baggage with extra time to finish your business.
Receive free first checked bag each flight for you and up to 8 other traveling companions on the same reservation. Save up to $60 for each round-trip flight per person.
Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit on eligible pre-purchased meals and in-flight purchases of food, alcoholic beverages, and audio headsets on Delta-operated flights.
American Express will not charge any foreign transaction fee (see Rates & Fees) on the purchases you make outside of the United States with your Card.
Additional Business, Purchase, & Travel Benefits
From American Express
Enjoy built-in exclusive American Express benefits for purchases, travel, and business.
- OPEN Savings – OPEN Savings is a business benefit included in your card to receive 2 additional Membership Rewards points per dollar or 5% discount with participating partners FedEx, Hertz, HP.com, 1800flowers.com, and BN.com(Barnes & Noble).
- OPEN Forum – Get insight, advice, and the latest in business news and research with OPEN Forum.
- Employee Cards – Add employee cards for no extra cost. Easily set spending limits and monitor each account. Employees will also earn miles every time they use their cards. Use account manager rights to help with business finances and bookkeeping.
- Account Management Tools – Make managing your account effortless. Use ReceiptMatch to organize your expenses by adding receipts, tags, and notes to your transactions from your mobile device. Conveniently check your balance, make payments, or even view your benefits at any moment with the app. Receive automatic alerts. Closely monitor your account to make payments on time, keep tabs on employee spending, and also be notified of suspicious activity.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees & More Travel Benefits – It’s comforting to know that every time you travel, you’re safeguarded with car rental loss and damage insurance, baggage insurance plan, travel accident insurance, premium roadside assistance, and global assistance hotline. Plus, enjoy no foreign transaction fees (see Rates & Fees).
- Purchase Benefits – Purchase protection, extended warranty, and return protection cover purchases you make with this card. Take advantage of AmEx Offers for special discount offers by spending a set amount for statement credit back. Entertainment Access will keep you connected with early pre-sale and VIP tickets to music, sports, the arts, live performance, and more.
American Express is all about small businesses. They show it by providing you with the resources that help you run your business. Business owners and frequent Delta travelers should apply for the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express.
Start earning miles for flying on Delta and for your other business expenses! Apply online now and you can get a decision in as little as 60 seconds. If you’re looking for something else, find all credit card promotions on our exclusive list!
(Visit American Express for more details)
Wh0’s the Competition?
The Chase Freedom® Card offers a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate and an unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases. You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
This card has no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that's updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
The Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express offers 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
You'll earn 2X Miles per dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta; 1X mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
This card does carry a $195 ($250 if application is received on or after 1/30/2020) (See Rates & Fees), however, you can save up to $60 on round-trip Delta flight by checking in your first bag for free. In addition, enjoy 20% savings on eligible in-flight purchases in the form of a statement credit with the American Express Delta Card
The American Express Delta Reserve For Business Credit Card offers 40,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. In addition, you can earn 15,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 15,000 bonus miles after you reach $30,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in the calendar year.
You'll earn 2X miles per dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta; 1X mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
This card does carry an annual fee of $450 ($550 if application is received on or after 1/30/2020) (See Rates & Fees). However, there are no foreign transaction fees and you'll be able to find room for your carry-on and settle into your seat sooner with Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding. In addition, enter Delta Sky Club® at no cost and bring up two guests for an exclusive rate of $29 per person per visit.
Disclaimers: This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
While American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
See Rates & Fees of the Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express.