Origin Bank is offering residents of Texas and Mississippi a $500 bonus when you open a Checking Account and CD and meet the requirements listed below.
To get started, all you have to do open a new checking account. Once you have completed that, you must set up to receive direct deposit and maintain an average account balance of $5,000 for 90 days. Lastly, you must open a 25-Month CD Term with 2.27% APY with a minimum opening deposit of $10,000. You will receive the bonus within 30 days after completing the requirements.
Once all the requirements are met, you will have access to a range of features to better your banking experience. If you are interested, be sure to check out this promotion as well as other banks such as HSBC Bank, Chase Bank, Huntington Bank, Discover Bank, TD Bank, BBVA Compass Bank or CIT Bank.
Credit goes to Irene for letting us know about this bank promotion. If you’d like to participate in our Rewards Program, simply contact us when you find a new bank promotion and get paid up to $15!
|BMO Harris Bank Checking: Earn $200 cash bonus when you open a new BMO Harris Smart MoneyTM Account and have a total of at least $4,000 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 90 days. Learn More---BMO Harris Bank Checking Review|
|Chase Total Checking®: Earn $200 bonus when you open a new Total Checking® account and set up a qualifying direct deposit into this account within 90 days of account opening. Apply Now---Chase Total Checking Review|
|TD Bank Convenience Checking: Earn $200 bonus with the TD Bank Convenience Checking account when you receive direct deposits of $500 or more within 60 days of opening your account. The account comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Checking Review|
Table of Contents
Origin Bank $500 Bonus Info
- Direct Link to Offer
- Origin Bank Promotion PDF Printout
- Account Type: Checking Account, 25-Month CD with 2.27% APY
- Availability: TX, MS (Bank Locator)
- Expiration Date: None listed
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown, Let us know
- Opening Deposit: Varies by account
- Checking: No minimum to open
- 25-Month CD: $10,000
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown, Let us know
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes, within 90 days
- Monthly Fee: Varies by account
- Additional Requirements: See below
- Household Limit: None listed
- Closing Account Fee: Loss of bonus, if closed within 90 days of account opening
What Triggers Direct Deposit? Alternative Methods
Many bank bonuses require you to make real direct deposit from your job to receive the sign up bonus. However, switching to your real paycheck can be frustrating and time consuming. You can find alternative methods below which many readers have reported to trigger direct deposit to receive the sign up bonus.
Simply set up ACH transfers from these institutions to trigger direct deposit. Again, Your Mileage May Vary(YMMV). Please help us with your experience if you find a different method or to confirm a current method for direct deposit in the comments section below.
How To Earn Origin Bank $500 Bonus
- Open a new Origin Bank online checking, which is subject to approval
- Complete the following within 90 days
- Set up to receive direct deposit
- Maintain an average account balance of $5,000
- Open a 25-Month CD with 2.27% APY with a minimum opening deposit of $10,000
How to Avoid Monthly Fees
- Performance Checking: $14, can be waived with balance of $4,000
- BaZing Checking: $5, can be decreased when you complete debit card transactions and enroll in eStatements
- Connect Checking: $20.59, can be waived with balance of $5,000
- Interest Checking: $9, can be waived with balance of $1,500
- Simple Checking: $8, can be waived with balance of $500
Make sure you check out Origin Bank to learn more about the $500 bonus promotion. Don’t forget, the $500 bonus will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. You will also get a great rate of 2.27% APY on a 25-Month CD Term!
Feel free comment below and let us know about how it went and if you could fund your account with credit card or not. We value your feedback and will continue to keep you posted on the latest bank offers nationwide. If you would like to see more, check out our full list of Bank Promotions for all your banking needs.
|Blue Federal Credit Union 9-Month No-Penalty Certificate||$1||4.45%||Review|
|Ponce Bank 4-Month No Penalty CD||$1||4.41%||Review|
|Sallie Mae 10-Month No Penalty CD||$1||4.25%||Review|
|CIT Bank No Penalty CD||$1,000||4.10%||Review|
|America First Credit Union Flexible Certificate Account||$500||4.35%||Review|
|Citi No Penalty CD||$500||4.05%||Review|
|USALLIANCE Financial No Penalty CD||$500||4.00%||Review|
|Ally Bank No Penalty CD||None||3.85%||Review|
|Marcus by Goldman Sachs No Penalty CD||$500||3.85%||Review|
|Marcus by Goldman Sachs No Penalty CD (For AARP Members)||$500||3.85%||Review|
|Synchrony Bank No Penalty CD||None||3.50%||Review|
|Bellco Credit Union Smart Move CD||$2,500||3.40%||Review|
|My eBanc Flex Time Deposit CD||$10,000||Up to 3.20%||Review|
|Workers Credit Union No Penalty CD||$500||3.05%||Review|