Czech Airlines is the national airline of the Czech Republic and a SkyTeam member. Its head office is on the grounds of 6th district Prague, Vokovice. The carrier focuses primarily on direct connections between Prague and popular European destinations, but offers tickets to dozens of destinations within and outside Europe.
See our best credit card bonuses here.
OK Plus is Czech Airlines’ frequent flyer program. As a member of OK Plus frequent flyer programmed, you can look forward to bonus tickets and a number of other advantages. You can also redeem your miles for award tickets, additional baggage allowance and access to lounges at Prague Airport.
Read below to learn more about Czech Airlines OK Plus.
Table of Contents
OK Plus Quick Facts
|U.S. Destinations||Chicago, Detroit, Newark, New York City|
|U.S. Credit Cards||None|
|Transfer Partners||Radisson Rewards|
|Redemption Options||Flights, baggage allowance, lounge access|
OK Plus Elite Status
When you join OK Plus, you will be automatically become an OK Plus member.
There are three status tiers: Silver, Gold and Platinum.
- To move up a tier, you need to fly a certain amount of Czech Airlines-coded flights, and either earn a certain amount of SkyTeam miles or fly a certain amount of SkyTeam segments, in a calendar year:
|Silver||2 Czech Airlines OK segments
25k SkyTeam miles / 15 SkyTeam segments
|Gold||6 Czech Airlines OK segments
50k SkyTeam miles / 30 SkyTeam segments
|Platinum||10 Czech Airlines OK segments
100k SkyTeam miles / 70 SkyTeam segments
When you reach a tier, you will have that status until the end of the following calendar year, and you will be able to enjoy the following benefits:
|OK Plus miles bonus||25%||50%||100%|
|Priority baggage handling||–||Yes||Yes|
|Prague Airport’s Crystal Lounge access||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|SkyTeam lounge access||–||Yes||Yes|
|Gift OK Plus Gold||–||–||Yes|
Earning OK Plus Miles
When compared to other programs such as Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan, Delta SkyMiles and other frequent flyer programs based in the United States, earning OK Plus Miles does not come as easily for Americans. However, they have so many perks that you do not want to miss out on, so let us go over all the ways to earn OK Plus Miles below.
The best way to earn OK Plus Miles is through their transfer partner. One of the option include Radisson Rewards members, this is where members are able to can convert their points to OK Plus Miles at a 10 to 1 ratio.
Radisson Rewards offers two personal credit cards that earns Radisson Rewards points:
- Radisson Rewards Premier Visa Signature Card.
- 100,000-point welcome bonus
- 10x points at Radisson
- 5x points everywhere else
- Automatic Gold status
- 40,000 anniversary bonus points
- $75 annual fee.
- Radisson Rewards Visa Card.
- 30,000-point welcome bonus
- 3x points at Radisson
- 1x points everywhere else
- $0 annual fee.
However, OK Plus does not have any other transfer partners that are relevant to U.S. residents.
Earn OK Plus Miles when you fly with Czech Airlines and the following partner airlines:
- Aerolineas Argentinas
- Air Europa
- Air France
- China Airlines
- China Eastern
- Garuda Indonesia
- Kenya Airways
- Korean Air
- Vietnam Airlines
- Xiamen Air
The number of OK Miles you earn depends on the distance flown and the type and price of the ticket purchased.
Other ways that Americans can earn OK Plus Miles include:
- Staying with these branded hotels
- Best Western
- Golden Tulip
- Radisson hotels
- Hiring rental cars with:
- Subscribing to Golf Digest magazine.
There are more options to earn OK Plus Miles but are not targeted towards American consumers.
Redeeming OK Plus Miles
OK Plus Miles are frequently used for award flights with Czech Airlines and partner airlines. You can earn bonus tickets starting from as 7,000 miles, at the very least. On the other hand, other redemption options include higher limits for check-in baggage and access to airport lounges in Prague.
Members can redeem online or by calling the OK Plus Service Center phone number, or at any Czech Airlines office.
OK Plus Miles Expiration
OK Plus Miles expire 36 months from the date they were earned or 36 months from the last Czech Airline flight you took, whichever comes later. Therefore, no account activity will extend the date of miles expiration.
Exception: OK Plus Silver, Gold and Platinum members enjoy extended validity of miles for the entire period of their elite status.
OK Plus Important Info
- Czech Airlines allows a stopover, an open-jaw, and up to eight segments per award flight redemption.
- There is a $70 charge for changing or canceling a flight.
- A $20 fee is incurred for holding an online reservation for up to 14 days before making a payment.
Czech Airlines OK Plus does not offer a ton of ways for you to be able to earn and burn their miles, therefore, it is not very useful unless you fly with the carrier on a regular basis.
Feel free to also look at Air France/KLM Flying Blue as well. The loyalty program is also a SkyTeam member so you can earn Flying Blue Miles by transferring from American Express Membership Rewards®, Capital One® Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards® and Citi ThankYou® Rewards.
Below are credit cards that will earn you points from those partner programs that you can use to transfer to Flying Blue or other SkyTeam member programs.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve offers 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
Through December 31, 2021, gas station & grocery store purchases will also count towards earning your Travel Credit.
• 10X total points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards immediately after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually.
• 5X total points on air travel
• 3X points on other travel and dining
• 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
When redeeming your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 50% more value.
This card does carry a $550 annual fee and there are no foreign transaction fees. However, you're able to earn a $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year & up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre?®.
The Platinum Card® from American Express offers 100,000 Membership Rewards Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
• 5X Membership Rewards Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
• 5X Membership Rewards Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
This card comes with an annual fee of $695 (See Rates & Fees), but you cardholders can enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only. Terms Apply.
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms apply.
• 4X Membership Rewards Points on Restaurants, including takeout and delivery
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).