Origin Bank is offering residents of Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas 6.00% APY on balances of up to $40,000 when you open a Performance Checking Account and meet the requirements listed below.
To get started, come in to a branch and sign-up for a Performance Checking Account. Additionally, you will have to make 16 bank transactions, 1 ACH debit/credit, and enroll for eStatements. Finally, you will receive 6.00% APY on your balances; however, if you fail to do any of the requirements you will not receive any returns on your account.
Editor’s Note: Now accepting new applicants.
Table of Contents
About Origin Bank Performance Checking
|Balance Requirement||APY Rate|
|$0 – $40,000||6.00%|
Origin Bank Performance Checking Rate
- Account Type: Performance Checking Account
- Interest Rate: 6.00% APY
- Minimum Balance: $0 ($4,000 to avoid the monthly fee)
- Maximum Balance: $40,000
- Availability: LA, MS, TX (Bank Locator)
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull, make sure to opt out of overdraft protection.
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Opening Deposit: None
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown
- Direct Deposit Requirement: No, but does require an ACH debit or credit
- Monthly Fee: $14 See below how to get it waived
- Household Limit: None listed
- Closing Account Fee: $25 if within 90 Days
Origin Bank Checking Features
- Access to online account management, Online Banking
- Free ATMs
How To Earn Origin Bank 6.00% APY
- Come in to any branch and sign-up for a Performance Checking Account.
- Make a minimum 16 bank transactions per cycle.
- Have at least 1 ACH Debit/Credit to your account each cycle.
- Be sure to sign-up for eStatements,
- You will receive 6.00% APY up to $40,000 balance.
How to Avoid Monthly Fees
Performance Checking Account: $14 monthly service charge will be imposed when you have less than $4,000 in your Performance Checking Account.
Make sure you check out Origin Bank to learn more about the 6.00% APY promotion. Remember that if your balance is over $40,000, then you will not receive the full benefits of the rewards checking account.
Once all the requirements are met, you will have access to a range of features to better your banking experience. If you are interested, be sure to check out this promotion as well as other banks such as HSBC Bank, Chase Bank, Huntington Bank, Discover Bank, TD Bank, or CIT Bank.
If you have had any experiences with this bank, please let us know in the comment section below. For more deals, you can check out our entire list of Best Rewards Checking Accounts.