Find for your favorite Best Rewards Checking Account (RCA) from your State. Here you can find track rates from over 1,000 banks and credit unions to come up.
If you are looking to earn some extra cash, then you might want to sign up for a Rewards Checking Account (RCA). A rewards checking account is an account that requires you to meet certain criteria in order to receive a higher-than-normal APR as compared to a savings account.
Table of Contents
Reward Checking Vs. Savings Vs. CDs
- Reward Checking Accounts: These accounts generally can have rates matching or beating those of the best Savings or CD accounts. But, the accounts earning the highest rates typically have maximum balance restrictions for said rates. Lately, the maximum has been in the $10k – $30k range. The advantage is the use of Checking account features like checking writing, ATM withdrawals, debit card use and bill pay.
- Savings/Money Market Accounts: These accounts generally earn lower rates than CD accounts. They have the advantage of allowing you access to your funds without penalty. You can make 6 withdrawals per month per federal regulations. For most accounts, you can withdraw the entire balance and close your account at any time without penalty. So, this serves as a good option for emergency funds.
- CD Accounts: These will usually earn higher rates than Savings accounts for terms 1 year and greater. The disadvantage is that you won’t have access to your funds for the length of the CD term without an early withdrawal penalty. No-Penalty CDs are the exception, but those are mostly limited to shorter terms.
Common Reward Checking Requirements
- Enroll in eStatements: Paper statements costs financial institutions a lot of money. They have a huge customer base, and each customers’ statements are multiple pages. By enrolling in eStatements, you are essentially saving some of the costs of the bank.
- Receive a monthly direct deposit: Banks want you to directly deposit your paycheck into their account. Doing this provides a constant flow of money into your account and ensures the bank that it is your primary account. In some cases, the direct deposit has to be a paycheck or a government benefit; however, an ACH transfer will sometimes trigger the requirement. Be sure to double-check the account details.
- Make a minimum number of debit card transactions: This requirement is another way to ensure that the direct deposited account is your primary account. Also, the bank earns a small processing fee wherever you use your card, so it is also a profit generating task.
One of the key differences between a RCA and a savings account is the limited balance that is required. Typically, RCAs have a maximum limit to how much you can deposit within the account; however, they have a higher APY – meaning that there is a higher interest rate associated with the account and more cash for you. On the other hand, good savings accounts’ interest rates stick around the 1.00% usually without a maximum limit on the account.
Below you will find a full list of our Best Rewards Checking Accounts. We will be continuously updating this page as much as we can to give you the best options possible. Interested in banking with Chase? See our list of Chase Coupons!
Axos Bank Rewards Checking
Earn up to 1.25% APY with the Axos Bank Rewards Checking account while enjoying a suite of digital tools for smarter money management. This is banking, redefined.
• Never pay monthly maintenance fees again
• No Need to Keep a Minimum Balance to Avoid Fees
• No Overdraft or Non-Sufficient Fund Fees
• Make Unlimited Withdrawals From Any Domestic ATM for Free
Discover Cashback Debit Account
With the Discover Cashback Debit Account:
• Earn 1% cash back on up to $3,000 in debit card purchases each month, which lets you earn up to a total of $360 Debit Card Cashback Bonus per year.
• Anyone can open a Discover Cashback Debit account online
• No monthly fees or monthly balance requirements
• With over 60,000 no-fee ATMs in the U.S., Discover is always nearby.
• Move money easily and securely with just a few clicks or taps (transfers to existing discover accounts are immediate)!
• Manage your account and avoid late fees by paying bills online.
• Deposit checks on the go with your phone or automatically with direct deposit.
|Bank or Credit Union||Account Type||APY||Maximum||Inquiry||Review|
|Consumers Credit Union||Free Rewards Checking||4.09%||$10,000||Hard||Review|
|Blue Federal Credit Union||Extreme Checking||3.50%||$15,000||Soft||Review|
|Devon Bank||Kasasa Cash Checking||3.50%||$10,000||?||Review|
|Evansville Teachers FCU||Vertical Dividend Checking||3.30%||$20,000||Soft||Review|
|Western Vista Credit Union||Panorama Checking||3.25%||$15,000||?||Review|
|Market USA FCU||Platinum Tier Rewards Checking||3.01%||$15,000||?||Review|
|Farmer State Bank||Loyalty Checking||3.05%||$15,000||?||Review|
|UnionBank||1-2-3 Rewards Checking||3.05%||$25,000||?||Review|
|INOVA Federal Credit Union||Shield Checking||3.00%||$15,000||?||Review|
|Lake Michigan Credit Union||Max Checking||3.00%||$15,000||Hard||Review|
|Municipal Employees Credit Union||RewardChecking||3.00%||$10,000||?||Review|
|Porte Bank||High-Yield Savings||3.00%||$15,000||?||Review|
|Quoin Bank||Kasasa Cash Checking||3.00%||$25,000||?||Review|
|R Bank||R Best Checking||3.00%||$10,000||?||Review|
|Security Bank of Crawford||Kasasa Cash Checking||3.00%||$15,000||?||Review|
|Sharon Bank||Kasasa Cash Checking||3.00%||$10,000||?||Review|
|Sunstate Bank||Kasasa Cash Checking||3.00%||$10,000||?||Review|
|Sullivan Bank||Kasasa Cash Checking||3.00%||$10,000||?||Review|
|22nd State Bank||Kasasa Cash||2.50%||$25,000||?||Review|
|CapEd Credit Union||High Yield Checking||2.50%||$10,000||?||Review|
|evergreenDIRECT Credit Union||Kasasa Cash Checking||2.50%||$20,000||?||Review|
|Farmer's State Bank||Kasasa Cash Checking||2.50%||$25,000||?||Review|
|First Financial FCU||Kasasa Cash Checking||2.50%||$15,000||?||Review|
|Great Lakes Credit Union||Free Checking||2.50%||$10,000||?||Review|
|The Bank of Denver||Kasasa Cash||2.50%||$25,000||Soft||Review|
|USE Federal Credit Union||Kasasa Cash||2.50%||$10,000||?||Review|
|Garden Savings Federal Credit Union||Platinum Checking||2.25%||$15,000||?||Review|
|Bellco Credit Union||Boost Interest Checking||2.25%||$25,000||?||Review|
|Presidential Bank||Advantage Checking||2.25%||$25,000||?||Review|
|Hiway Federal Credit Union||Hi Yield Checking||2.22%||$25,000||?||Review|
|AndgioCredit Union||High-Yield Checking||2.09%||$10,000||?||Review|
|TruStone Financial Federal Credit Union||TruRate Checking||2.02%||$20,000||?||Review|
|Bay State Savings Bank||Kasasa Cash||2.01%||$20,000||?||Review|
|Campus Federal||Lagniappe Checking||2.01%||$10,000||?||Review|
|Department Of Commerce Federal Credit Union||Performance Checking||2.01%||$20,000||?||Review|
|First Security Bank & Trust||Kasasa Cash||2.01%||$50,000||?||Review|
|Affiliated Bank||Kasasa Cash Checking||2.00%||$50,000||?||Review|
|Signature Federal Credit Union||High Yield Checking||2.00%||$20,000||Soft||Review|
|Elements Financial||High Interest Checking||2.00%||$20,000||Soft||Review|
|GreenState Credit Union||R2 Checking||2.00%||$20,000||?||Review|
|Home State Bank||Kasasa Cash Checking||2.00%||$20,000||?||Review|
|Ideal Credit Union||High Yield Checking||2.00%||$20,000||?||Review|
|Main Street Bank||Kasasa Cash||2.00%||$15,000||?||Review|
|Silver Lake Bank||Kasasa Cash Checking||2.00%||$20,000||?||Review|
|TAB Bank||Kasasa Cash||2.00%||$50,000||Soft||Review|
|The Savings Bank||Kasasa Cash||2.00%||$15,000||Soft||Review|
|United Educators Credit Union||High Yield Checking||2.00%||$10,000||?||Review|
|Wings Financial||High Yield Checking||1.76%||$25,000||?||Review|
|Connexus Credit Union||Xtraordinary Rewards Checking||1.75%||$25,000||Hard||Review|
|Partner Colorado Credit Union||High Interest Checking||1.75%||$10,000||Hard||Review|
|Finex Credit Union||Axcess Rewards Checking||1.51%||$25,000||?||Review|
|Country Bank||Kasasa Cash||1.50%||$20,000||Soft||Review|
|Envision Bank||Envision Max||1.50%||$25,000||?||Review|
|KS State Bank||Checking PLUS||1.50%||$15,000||?||Review|
|One American Bank||Kasasa Cash||1.50%||$10,000||Soft||Review|
|Industrial Bank||Kasasa Cash||1.47%||$15,000||?||Review|
|Heritage Bank||eCentive Account||1.32%||$25,000||Soft||Review|
|Devon Bank||Kasasa Cash with Saver||1.25%||$50,000||?||Review|
|Quontic Bank||High Interest Checking||1.25%||$1,000,000||?||Review|
|America's Credit Union||Affinity Plus Checking||1.01%||$25,000||Soft||Review|
|All America Bank||Ultimate Rewards Checking||1.00%||$10,000||Soft||Review|
|Northwest Federal Credit Union||Kasasa Cash||1.00%||$25,000||?||Review|
|Orion Federal Credit Union||Premium Checking||1.00%||$10,000||Hard||Review|
|Redneck Bank||Rewards Checking||1.00%||$10,000||?||Review|
|Sullivan Bank||Kasasa Saver||1.00%||$25,000||?||Review|
|XCEL Federal Credit Union||Kasasa Cash||1.00%||$25,000||?||Review|
|Merchants Bank of Indiana||Money Market||0.75%||$1,000,000||?||Review|
|Pelican State Credit Union||Kasasa Saver||0.75%||$50,000||?||Review|
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account||$100 Cash||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up to $3,000 Cash||Review|
|BlockFi||Up To $250 BTC||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.40% APY||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account||$360 Cash||Review|