Find for your favorite Best Rewards Checking Account (RCA) from your State. Here you can find track rates from over 1,000 banks and credit unions to come up.
If you are looking to earn some extra cash, then you might want to sign up for a Rewards Checking Account (RCA). A rewards checking account is an account that requires you to meet certain criteria in order to receive a higher-than-normal APR as compared to a savings account.
Table of Contents
Reward Checking Vs. Savings Vs. CDs
- Reward Checking Accounts: These accounts generally can have rates matching or beating those of the best Savings or CD accounts. But, the accounts earning the highest rates typically have maximum balance restrictions for said rates. Lately, the maximum has been in the $10k – $30k range. The advantage is the use of Checking account features like checking writing, ATM withdrawals, debit card use and bill pay.
- Savings/Money Market Accounts: These accounts generally earn lower rates than CD accounts. They have the advantage of allowing you access to your funds without penalty. You can make 6 withdrawals per month per federal regulations. For most accounts, you can withdraw the entire balance and close your account at any time without penalty. So, this serves as a good option for emergency funds.
- CD Accounts: These will usually earn higher rates than Savings accounts for terms 1 year and greater. The disadvantage is that you won’t have access to your funds for the length of the CD term without an early withdrawal penalty. No-Penalty CDs are the exception, but those are mostly limited to shorter terms.
Common Reward Checking Requirements
- Enroll in eStatements: Paper statements costs financial institutions a lot of money. They have a huge customer base, and each customers’ statements are multiple pages. By enrolling in eStatements, you are essentially saving some of the costs of the bank.
- Receive a monthly direct deposit: Banks want you to directly deposit your paycheck into their account. Doing this provides a constant flow of money into your account and ensures the bank that it is your primary account. In some cases, the direct deposit has to be a paycheck or a government benefit; however, an ACH transfer will sometimes trigger the requirement. Be sure to double-check the account details.
- Make a minimum number of debit card transactions: This requirement is another way to ensure that the direct deposited account is your primary account. Also, the bank earns a small processing fee wherever you use your card, so it is also a profit generating task.
One of the key differences between a RCA and a savings account is the limited balance that is required. Typically, RCAs have a maximum limit to how much you can deposit within the account; however, they have a higher APY – meaning that there is a higher interest rate associated with the account and more cash for you. On the other hand, good savings accounts’ interest rates stick around the 1.00% usually without a maximum limit on the account.
Below you will find a full list of our Best Rewards Checking Accounts. We will be continuously updating this page as much as we can to give you the best options possible. Interested in banking with Chase? See our list of Chase Coupons!
Axos Bank Rewards Checking
Earn up to 1.25% APY with the Axos Bank Rewards Checking account while enjoying a suite of digital tools for smarter money management. This is banking, redefined.
• $100 Promo with Code “RC100”
• Up to 1.25% APY
• Zero monthly maintenance fees
• Zero overdraft or NSF fees
• Zero minimum monthly balance reqs
• Unlimited domestic ATM fee reimbursements
• Zero Minimum Balance Requirement
• Only $50 to open an account
Discover Cashback Debit Account
With the Discover Checking Account:
• Cashback – Earn 1% cash back on up to $3,000 in debit card purchases each month
• No. Fees. Period. That means you won’t be charged an account fee on our Cashback Debit account.
• Early Pay – Get your paycheck up to two days early with no charge
• No credit impact - You can apply without affecting your credit score.
• Fraud Protection - You’re never responsible for unauthorized debit card purchases. If you suspect someone else has used your debit card without your permission, let us know.
• Apply in minutes - Applying for a Cashback Debit account is simple and fast.
• Fee free overdraft protection
|Bank or Credit Union||Account Type||APY||Maximum||Review|
|Gesa Credit Union||SmartPlus Checking||5.00%||$5,000||Review|
|Consumers Credit Union||Free Rewards Checking||4.09%||$10,000||Review|
|Elements Financial||High Interest Checking||4.00%||$20,000||Review|
|First United Credit Union||Rewards Checking||4.00%||$10,000||Review|
|Evansville Teachers FCU||Vertical Dividend Checking||3.30%||$20,000||Review|
|Bank of Missouri||Kasasa Cash Checking||3.05%||$15,000.99||Review|
|Tensas State Bank||Kasasa Cash Checking||3.05%||$10,000||Review|
|Market USA FCU||Platinum Tier Rewards Checking||3.01%||$15,000||Review|
|Security Bank of Crawford||Rewards Checking||3.00%||$15,000||Review|
|INOVA Federal Credit Union||Shield Checking||3.00%||$15,000||Review|
|Lake Michigan Credit Union||Max Checking||3.00%||$15,000||Review|
|Municipal Employees Credit Union||RewardChecking||3.00%||$10,000||Review|
|Porte Bank||High-Yield Savings||3.00%||$15,000||Review|
|R Bank||R Best Checking||3.00%||$10,000||Review|
|Security Bank of Crawford||Kasasa Cash Checking||3.00%||$15,000||Review|
|Sullivan Bank||Kasasa Cash Checking||3.00%||$10,000||Review|
|Western Vista Credit Union||Panorama Checking||2.53%||$15,000||Review|
|WCCU Credit Union Awards||Awards Checking||2.50%||$20,000||Review|
|22nd State Bank||Kasasa Cash||2.50%||$25,000||Review|
|Devon Bank||Kasasa Cash Checking||2.50%||$10,000||Review|
|Devon Bank||Kasasa Cash with Saver||2.50%||$10,000||Review|
|evergreenDIRECT Credit Union||Kasasa Cash Checking||2.50%||$20,000||Review|
|Farmer's State Bank||Kasasa Cash Checking||2.50%||$25,000||Review|
|First Financial FCU||Kasasa Cash Checking||2.50%||$15,000||Review|
|Great Lakes Credit Union||Free Checking||2.50%||$10,000||Review|
|R Bank||R Best Checking||2.50%||$10,000||Review|
|USE Federal Credit Union||Kasasa Cash||2.50%||$5,000||Review|
|Bellco Credit Union||Boost Interest Checking||2.25%||$25,000||Review|
|Presidential Bank||Advantage Checking||2.25%||$25,000||Review|
|Quoin Bank||Kasasa Cash Checking||2.25%||$25,000||Review|
|AndgioCredit Union||High-Yield Checking||2.09%||$10,000||Review|
|Hiway Federal Credit Union||Hi Yield Checking||2.02%||$25,000||Review|
|TruStone Financial Federal Credit Union||TruRate Checking||2.02%||$20,000||Review|
|Campus Federal||Lagniappe Checking||2.01%||$10,000||Review|
|Department Of Commerce Federal Credit Union||Performance Checking||2.01%||$20,000||Review|
|Blue Federal Credit Union||Extreme Checking||2.00%||$15,000||Review|
|CapEd Credit Union||High Yield Checking||2.00%||$10,000||Review|
|Buckeye State Bank||Kasasa Cash||2.00%||$15,000||Review|
|Farmers State Bank||Loyalty Checking||2.00%||$15,000||Review|
|GreenState Credit Union||R2 Checking||2.00%||$20,000||Review|
|Home State Bank||Kasasa Cash Checking||2.00%||$20,000||Review|
|Ideal Credit Union||High Yield Checking||2.00%||$20,000||Review|
|Sharon Bank||Kasasa Cash Checking||2.00%||$10,000||Review|
|Silver Lake Bank||Kasasa Cash Checking||2.00%||$20,000||Review|
|The Bank of Denver||Kasasa Cash||2.00%||$10,000||Review|
|The Savings Bank||Kasasa Cash||2.00%||$15,000||Review|
|United Educators Credit Union||High Yield Checking||2.00%||$10,000||Review|
|Wings Financial||High Yield Checking||1.76%||$25,000||Review|
|Connexus Credit Union||Xtraordinary Rewards Checking||1.75%||$25,000||Review|
|Partner Colorado Credit Union||High Interest Checking||1.75%||$10,000||Review|
|Finex Credit Union||Axcess Rewards Checking||1.51%||$25,000||Review|
|TAB Bank||Kasasa Cash||1.50%||$25,000||Review|
|Garden Savings Federal Credit Union||Platinum Checking||1.50%||$15,000||Review|
|MCT Credit Union||Kasasa Cash||1.50%||$20,000||Review|
|KS State Bank||Checking PLUS||1.50%||$15,000||Review|
|Signature Federal Credit Union||High Yield Checking||1.50%||$20,000||Review|
|Industrial Bank||Kasasa Cash||1.47%||$15,000||Review|
|Security Federal Bank||Kasasa Cash||1.25%||$10,000||Review|
|GCS Credit Union||Simply More Checking||1.25%||$10,000||Review|
|Heritage Bank||eCentive Account||1.02%||$25,000||Review|
|Envision Bank||Envision Max||1.01%||$25,000||Review|
|Flora Bank & Trust||First Reward Checking||1.01%||$20,000||Review|
|Redneck Bank||Rewards Checking||1.00%||$10,000||Review|
|All America Bank||Ultimate Rewards Checking||1.00%||$10,000||Review|
|Northwest Federal Credit Union||Kasasa Cash||1.00%||$25,000||Review|
|One American Bank||Kasasa Cash||1.00%||$10,000||Review|
|Orion Federal Credit Union||Premium Checking||1.00%||$10,000||Review|
|XCEL Federal Credit Union||Kasasa Cash||1.00%||$25,000||Review|
|First Security Bank & Trust||Kasasa Cash||0.80%||$15,000||Review|
|America's Credit Union||Affinity Plus Checking||0.75%||$25,000||Review|
|Country Bank||Kasasa Cash||0.75%||$20,000||Review|
|Pelican State Credit Union||Kasasa Saver||0.75%||$50,000||Review|
|Bay State Savings Bank||Kasasa Cash||0.75%||$20,000||Review|