Learn about Consumers Credit Union Free Rewards Checking account here.
Available nationwide, Consumers Credit Union is offering 5.00% APY with a maximum balance of $10,000 on their Free Rewards Checking Account.
Editor’s Note: For more account options with no requirements needed to earn the rate, see our list of the best bank rates.
About Consumers Credit Union Free Rewards Checking
Being the 7th largest credit union in the state of Illinois, Consumers Credit Union has a vast array of products and services to cater to your every needs.
Through industry leading money market rates as well as convenient online access, you are able to get the most out of your financial solutions anywhere.
|Eligibility: Anyone can join Consumers credit union. Membership follows a simple, two-step process: Pay a one-time, non-refundable $5 fee to their sponsor, the Consumers Cooperative Association, and then deposit and maintain a minimum $5 in your Membership Share/Savings Account. Actual branches are located in the Illinois cities of Gurnee, Mundelein, Round Lake Beach, Gurnee, Volo and Waukegan.|
|Balance Requirement||APY Rate|
Consumers Credit Union Free Rewards Checking Rate
Residents nationwide can earn the industry leading rate on balances up to $10,000. With no minimum deposit, you will be able to enjoy the rate to its full potential!
- Sign Up Today!
- What you’ll get: 5.00% APY up to $10,000 balance
- Eligible Account: Free Rewards Checking Account
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Optional
- Credit Inquiry: Hard Pull via Equifax
- Where it’s available: Nationwide. Anybody can join, even if they don’t live in Illinois but you’ll need to pay $5 to join Consumers Cooperative Association.
- Credit Card Funding: Yes, up to $200
- Monthly fee: None
- Early Account Termination Fee: None
How To Earn Rate
- Open a Free Rewards Checking account from Consumers Credit Union
- To Earn 3.00% APY for Balance up to $10,000, you must
- Complete 12 debit/check card point-of-sale purchases without a PIN
- Receive $500 or more in direct deposits, mobile check deposits or ACH credits
- Receive eDocuments (enroll and accept the disclosure)
- To Earn 4.00% APY for Balance up to $10,000, you must
- Complete all of the 3.00% requirements and
- Spend a minimum of $500 on CCU Visa credit card purchases
- To Earn 5.00% APY for Balance up to $10,000, you must
- Complete all of the 4.00% requirements and
- Spend a minimum of $1,000 on CCU Visa credit card purchases
- Unlimited reimbursement for any and all ATM fees
- Over 30,000 ATMs & over 5,000 shared branches
- Online Banking and Bill Pay
- Mobile Banking
- Never a minimum balance
- Earn Up to 4.09% APY* on balances up to $10,000
- No monthly maintenance fees, for anything
- Visa Debit Card with Chip Technology
- Write unlimited checks
Alternative Rewards Accounts To Consider
Earn up to 3.30% APY with the Axos Bank Rewards Checking account while enjoying a suite of digital tools for smarter money management. This is banking, redefined.
• Use the promo code RC100 when you apply for a Rewards Checking account by 06/30/23. Then have qualifying direct deposit(s) to earn up a $100 welcome bonus!
• Zero monthly maintenance fees
• Zero overdraft or NSF fees
• Zero minimum monthly balance reqs
• Unlimited domestic ATM fee reimbursements
• Online debit card management
• Simple, 3-step process for direct deposit
• Only $50 to open an account
All in all, the current tiered rates from Consumers Credit Union is fantastic if you are able to meet the requirements.
Although the maximum balance deposit has lowered to $10,000, the high rates are worth taking a second look at. However, do note that the account will trigger a hard pull!
Interested in Bank Bonuses? See our favorite banks including U.S. Bank, Citi, Huntington, Chase Bank, TD Bank, Discover Bank, Aspiration, Axos Bank, PNC Bank, BMO Harris, SoFi, Fifth Third Bank, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and more!
For more bank offers, see the complete list of Best Rewards Checking!
Check back often to see the latest info on Consumers Credit Union’s Free Rewards Checking Account.
Phil Wyngarden says
do you get any rewards for spending 1000 on debit card a month?
It’s not worth it anymore
Jesse S says
I am a current member. If anyone needs a referral to get extra $50, email me at email@example.com. Thanks, Jesse
jyotika ladd says
consumer credit union rates are changing every month or fixed, i have try to apply on your website but keep coming error, second thing how safe is this credit union to put my life savings, since so many banks are filling bankruptcy.
Rufus Hite says
What are the current rates for your rewards checking?
At Consumers, it is very important that everything runs smoothly.
So enjoy ‘the great rates’…and do not make any mistakes…
even if they are beyond your control.
your blog and the bank’s website do not mention the fact that the $50 bonus ended yesterday