Learn about Consumers Credit Union Free Rewards Checking account here.
Available nationwide, Consumers Credit Union is offering a staggering 5.09% APY with a maximum balance of $10,000 on their Free Rewards Checking Account.
Table of Contents
About Consumers Credit Union Free Rewards Checking
Being the 7th largest credit union in the state of Illinois, Consumers Credit Union has a vast array of products and services to cater to your every needs. Through industry leading money market rates as well as convenient online access, you are able to get the most out of your financial solutions anywhere.
|Eligibility: Anyone can join Consumers credit union. Membership follows a simple, two-step process: Pay a one-time, non-refundable $5 fee to their sponsor, the Consumers Cooperative Association, and then deposit and maintain a minimum $5 in your Membership Share/Savings Account. Actual branches are located in the Illinois cities of Gurnee, Mundelein, Round Lake Beach, Gurnee, Volo and Waukegan.|
Continue on to learn more about the Consumers Credit Union Free Rewards Checking Account below.
Consumers Credit Union Free Rewards Checking Rate
Residents nationwide can earn the industry leading rate on balances up to $10,000. With no minimum deposit, you will be able to enjoy the rate to its full potential!
- What you’ll get: 5.09% APY up to $10,000
- Eligible Accounts: Free Rewards Checking Account
- Credit Inquiry: Hard Pull via Equifax
- Where it’s available: Nationwide
- Opening Deposit: No minimum
- Credit Card Funding: Yes, up to $1,000
- Monthly fee: None
American Express Personal Savings Account - You earn 1.70% interest rate along with no minimum deposits or monthly fees. Amex Personal Savings has been my favorite Hub account for the past 5 years. Using this account to Pull/Push your money is absolutely necessary when you have many accounts. Here's why:
*No dollar limitations for ACH transfers - When you find a top bank rate account, you don't want to be limited to just $5K or $10K transfers. Amex Savings will let you transfers as much as you want whether you are pulling or pushing money from and to an external bank account.
*1 to 2 business days ACH transfers speed - With top-notch user interface, you get your money to another external account or pull money from another bank account within a day or two.
*No loss of interest during transfers - On the day you initiate your transaction on the Personal Savings website, the funds will be reflected in your Current Balance and begin earning interest.
Some other features from American Express Personal Savings include Free Wire Transfers, 3 maximum linked accounts, and maximum 6 ACH withdrawals per month.
Savings account offers are frequently updated. Find the best nationwide Savings/Money Market rates here, and the best Savings account bonuses here. The Axos UFB High Yield Savings and CIT Bank Savings Builder accounts offer great rates available nationwide. The Discover Online Savings and Chase SavingsSM account have nice sign-up bonuses.
|Discover Bank Online Savings||1.60% APY + $200 Cash||Review|
|CIT Bank Savings Builder||1.75% APY + $100/$200 Bonus||Review|
|UFB Direct High Yield Savings||1.90% APY||Review|
|Betterment EverydayTM Cash Reserve||1.83% APY||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||1.70% APY||Review|
How To Earn Up to 5.09% APY Rate
- Open a Free Rewards Checking account from Consumers Credit Union
- To Earn 3.09% APY for Balance up to $10,000, you must
- Complete at least 12 Debit/Check Card point-of-sale purchases of any amount (transactions must be made without using your personal identification number (PIN) to count toward the minimum of 12 and must post and clear your account as a credit transaction on or before the last day of the calendar month)
- Each calendar month, one direct deposit OR one ACH credit
- Receive eDocuments (enroll and accept the disclosure)
- To Earn 4.09% APY for Balance up to $10,000, you must
- Do Step 1 + Spend $500 or more in CCU Visa Credit Card purchase transactions; no minimum number of transactions.
- To Earn 5.09% APY for Balance up to $10,000, you must
- Do Step 1 + Spend $1,000 or more in CCU Visa Credit Card purchase transactions; no minimum number of transactions.
|Balance Requirement||APY Rate|
- Unlimited reimbursement for any and all ATM fees
- Over 30,000 ATMs & over 5,000 shared branches
- Online Banking and Bill Pay
- Mobile Banking
- Never a minimum balance
- Earn Up to 5.09% APY* on balances up to $10,000
- No monthly maintenance fees, for anything
- Visa Debit Card with Chip Technology
- Write unlimited checks
All in all, the current tiered rates from Consumers Credit Union is fantastic if you are able to meet the requirements. Although the maximum balance deposit has lowered to $10,000, the high rates are worth taking a second look at. However, do note that the account will trigger a hard pull!
Lastly, let us know about your experience with this bank and comment below.
For more bank offers, see the complete list of Best Rewards Checking!
Check back often to see the latest info on Consumers Credit Union’s Free Rewards Checking Account.