Here you will find the latest info about the Orion Federal Credit Union Premium Checking account.
For residents nationwide, Orion Federal Credit Union is offering 1.00% APY with their Premium Checking Account on balances up to $10,000.
Table of Contents
About Orion Federal Credit Union Premium Checking
Orion Federal Credit Union is headquartered in Memphis, Tennesse and is the 7th largest credit union in the state. It was established in 1957 and has grown to over 70,000 members at 10 locations. Even though this is a credit union, residents nationwide can become a member and open an account. See membership details below.
|Eligibility: Membership in Orion Federal Credit Union is open to anyone through volunteering to donate $10 to one of five organizations through the credit union: Habitat for Humanity Greater Memphis, Hope House, Porter-Leath, Ronald McDonald House, and Wolf River Conservancy. Membership is also open to residents of Shelby, Tipton, and Fayette Counties in Tennessee; Desoto and Marshall Counties in Mississippi; and Crittendon and Mississippi Counties in Arkansas (membership details are listed in the credit union’s online application). See current membership details|
Continue reading for everything you need to know about the Premium Checking Account below.
Orion Federal Credit Union Premium Checking Rate
Members nationwide can earn a 1.00% APY on balances up to $10,000. There is also no minimum account balance so you will be able to enjoy the rate on all balances up to $15k.
- What you’ll get: 1.00% APY up to $10,000
- Eligible Accounts: Premium Checking Account
- Credit Inquiry: Hard Pull via Equifax
- Where it’s available: Nationwide
- Opening Deposit: No minimum
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown
- Monthly fee: $5, can be waived if you meet the account requirements below
Editor’s Note: Effective April 1, 2020, You are no longer required to have 8 transactions. Instead, spend at least $500 on your Orion debit or credit card to qualify. All signature and PIN based purchases will count toward the $500 minimum.
American Express® High Yield Savings Account - You earn 0.40% interest rate along with no minimum deposits or monthly fees. Amex High Yield Savings account has been my favorite Hub account for the past 7 years. Using this account to Pull/Push your money is absolutely necessary when you have many accounts. Here's why:
*No dollar limitations for ACH transfers - When you find a top bank rate account, you don't want to be limited to just $5K or $10K transfers. Amex Savings will let you transfers as much as you want whether you are pulling or pushing money from and to an external bank account.
*1 to 2 business days ACH transfers speed - With top-notch user interface, you get your money to another external account or pull money from another bank account within a day or two.
*No loss of interest during transfers - On the day you initiate your transaction on the high yield savings account website, the funds will be reflected in your Current Balance and begin earning interest.
Some other features from American Express High Yield Savings Account include Free Wire Transfers, 3 maximum linked accounts, and maximum 6 ACH withdrawals per month.
Savings account offers are frequently updated. Find the best nationwide Savings/Money Market rates here, and the best Savings account bonuses here. The Axos Bank and CIT Bank accounts offer great rates available nationwide which I recommend.
|Aspiration||1.00% APY + $100 Cash||Review|
|Axos My Savings Builder||Up to 0.70% APY||Review|
|Axos Bank High Yield Savings||0.61% APY||Review|
|Axos Bank High Yield Money Market||0.60% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Money Market||0.45% APY||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.40% APY||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||0.40% APY||Review|
How To Earn Up to 1.00% APY Rate
- Sign up with Orion Federal Credit Union and open a Premium Checking account.
- Start earning their APY rate after completing the requirements each month:
- Meet the tiered balance requirement
- Spend at least $500 on your Orion debit or credit card to qualify.
|Balance Requirement||APY Rate|
|$0 – $10,000.00||1.00%|
|$10,000.01 to $100,000||1.00% to 0.32%|
|$100,000.01 to $250,000||0.32% to 0.16%|
|More than $250,000||0.16% to 0.01%|
- Free checks
- Online and mobile banking
- Out-of-network ATM fee reimbursement
- Free bill pay
Alternative Rewards Accounts To Consider
Earn up to 1.25% APY with the Axos Bank Rewards Checking account while enjoying a suite of digital tools for smarter money management. This is banking, redefined.
• Never pay monthly maintenance fees again
• No Need to Keep a Minimum Balance to Avoid Fees
• No Overdraft or Non-Sufficient Fund Fees
• Make Unlimited Withdrawals From Any Domestic ATM for Free
With the Discover Cashback Debit Account:
• Earn 1% cash back on up to $3,000 in debit card purchases each month, which lets you earn up to a total of $360 Debit Card Cashback Bonus per year.
• Anyone can open a Discover Cashback Debit account online
• No monthly fees or monthly balance requirements
• With over 60,000 no-fee ATMs in the U.S., Discover is always nearby.
• Move money easily and securely with just a few clicks or taps (transfers to existing discover accounts are immediate)!
• Manage your account and avoid late fees by paying bills online.
• Deposit checks on the go with your phone or automatically with direct deposit.
1.00% APY for a checking account is hard to beat. On top of that, if you meet the monthly account requirements, there are no monthly fees! However, this offer does trigger a hard pull which should be put into consideration.
Let us know about your experience with this credit union and comment below.
For more offers, see the complete list of Best Rewards Checking!
Check back often to see the latest info on Orion Federal Credit Union Premium Checking Account.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|BBVA Free Checking & Savings||$250 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account||$100 Cash||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up to $3,000 Cash||Review|
|BlockFi||Up To $250 BTC||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.40% APY||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account||$360 Cash||Review|