Learn about Inova Federal Credit Union Shield Checking account here.
Available nationwide, Inova Federal Credit Union is offering a nice 3.00% APY with a maximum balance of $15,000 on their Shield Checking Account.
Table of Contents
About Inova Federal Credit Union Shield Checking
Established in 1942, INOVA was originally chartered to serve the employees of Miles Laboratories. Today, INOVA serves over 34,000 members and the employees of over 500 companies. There are seven INOVA branch locations in two states and 30,000 Free ATMs available nationwide through their network.
|Eligibility: INOVA Federal Credit Union offers membership to any U.S. citizen or resident by joining either the Elkhart River Restoration Association or Tru Direction. Employees/members of more than 500 Select Employee Groups also qualify for membership. Immediate family/household members of current INOVA members are also eligible. See current membership details|
Continue on to learn more about the Inova Federal Credit Union Shield Checking Account below.
Inova Federal Credit Union Shield Checking Rate
Residents nationwide can earn this rate on balances up to $15,000. With no minimum deposit, you will be able to enjoy this rate up to the allowed amount.
- What you’ll get: 3.00% APY up to $15,000
- Eligible Accounts: Shield Checking Account
- Credit Inquiry: Hard Pull
- Where it’s available: Nationwide
- Opening Deposit: No minimum
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown
- Monthly fee: $5
American Express Personal Savings Account - You earn 1.70% interest rate along with no minimum deposits or monthly fees. Amex Personal Savings has been my favorite Hub account for the past 5 years. Using this account to Pull/Push your money is absolutely necessary when you have many accounts. Here's why:
*No dollar limitations for ACH transfers - When you find a top bank rate account, you don't want to be limited to just $5K or $10K transfers. Amex Savings will let you transfers as much as you want whether you are pulling or pushing money from and to an external bank account.
*1 to 2 business days ACH transfers speed - With top-notch user interface, you get your money to another external account or pull money from another bank account within a day or two.
*No loss of interest during transfers - On the day you initiate your transaction on the Personal Savings website, the funds will be reflected in your Current Balance and begin earning interest.
Some other features from American Express Personal Savings include Free Wire Transfers, 3 maximum linked accounts, and maximum 6 ACH withdrawals per month.
Savings account offers are frequently updated. Find the best nationwide Savings/Money Market rates here, and the best Savings account bonuses here. The Axos UFB High Yield Savings and CIT Bank Savings Builder accounts offer great rates available nationwide. The Discover Online Savings and Chase SavingsSM account have nice sign-up bonuses.
|Discover Bank Online Savings||1.60% APY + $200 Cash||Review|
|CIT Bank Savings Builder||1.75% APY + $100/$200 Bonus||Review|
|UFB Direct High Yield Savings||1.90% APY||Review|
|Betterment EverydayTM Cash Reserve||1.83% APY||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||1.70% APY||Review|
How To Earn Up to 3.00% APY Rate
- Even though the 3.00% APY rate is for all balance amounts, one of the requirements is you must maintain an average daily balance greater than $3,500
- You must also complete at least 8 debit card transactions each statement period
|Balance Requirement||APY Rate|
- Low $5 monthly service charge
- No minimum balance requirements
- IDProtect® — identity theft monitoring and resolution service
- Includes up to $10,000 identity theft expense reimbursement coverage to cover expenses associated with restoring your identity
- Cellular Telephone Protection
- Cellular telephone bill must be paid through Shield Checking account
- Unlimited check writing with no per check fee
- Debit Rewards with every purchase
- Free digital banking
- Free Visa debit card
- Access to over 5,000 service centers
- Access to over 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs
- Overdraft line of credit protection available
- Free thank you gift when you open account
- Buy back of your unused checks and debit card from other financial institution
- $10 minimum deposit to open
All in all, this account from INOVA Federal Credit Union is decent for members at this credit union. However, there is an unavoidable $5 monthly fee along with a $3,500 average daily balance. Furthermore, this credit union does a hard pull when applying for membership. There are definitely other rewards checking accounts to take a look at.
Lastly, let us know about your experience with this credit union and comment below anything we might have missed.
For more bank offers, see the complete list of Best Rewards Checking!
Check back often to see the latest info on INOVA Federal Credit Union’s Shield Checking Account.