Learn about Lake Michigan Credit Union Free Rewards Checking account here.
Available nationwide, Lake Michigan Credit Union is offering a staggering 3.00% APY with a maximum balance of $15,000 on a qualifying checking account.
Table of Contents
About Lake Michigan Credit Union Free Rewards Checking
Lake Michigan Credit Union is a Michigan-based, member-owned credit union that consistently ranks well among credit unions for dividends paid back to members. It offers depository and lending products on both its personal and business banking sides.
|Eligibility: LMCU is open to anyone through contributing $5 to the ALS Foundation. Membership is also open to the following: (1) those who reside, worship, or work in the Lower Peninsula in Michigan, (2) residents or worshipers in Charlotte, Collier, Desoto, Glades, Hardee, Hendry, Highlands, Hillsborough, Lee, Manatee, Monroe, Palm Beach, Polk, or Sarasota counties in Florida, or (4) family members of current credit union members
See current membership details
Continue on to learn more about the Lake Michigan Credit Union Rewards Checking Account below.
Lake Michigan Rewards Checking Rate
Residents nationwide can earn the industry-leading rate on balances up to $15,000. With no minimum deposit, you will be able to enjoy the rate to its full potential!
- What you’ll get: 3.00% APY up to $15,000
- Eligible Accounts: Max Checking Account
- Credit Inquiry: Hard Pull via Experian
- Where it’s available: Nationwide
- Opening Deposit: No minimum
- Credit Card Funding: Uknown
- Monthly fee: None
American Express® High Yield Savings Account - You earn 0.40% interest rate along with no minimum deposits or monthly fees. Amex High Yield Savings account has been my favorite Hub account for the past 7 years. Using this account to Pull/Push your money is absolutely necessary when you have many accounts. Here's why:
*No dollar limitations for ACH transfers - When you find a top bank rate account, you don't want to be limited to just $5K or $10K transfers. Amex Savings will let you transfers as much as you want whether you are pulling or pushing money from and to an external bank account.
*1 to 2 business days ACH transfers speed - With top-notch user interface, you get your money to another external account or pull money from another bank account within a day or two.
*No loss of interest during transfers - On the day you initiate your transaction on the high yield savings account website, the funds will be reflected in your Current Balance and begin earning interest.
Some other features from American Express High Yield Savings Account include Free Wire Transfers, 3 maximum linked accounts, and maximum 6 ACH withdrawals per month.
Savings account offers are frequently updated. Find the best nationwide Savings/Money Market rates here, and the best Savings account bonuses here. The Axos Bank and CIT Bank accounts offer great rates available nationwide which I recommend.
|Aspiration||1.00% APY + $100 Cash||Review|
|Axos My Savings Builder||Up to 0.70% APY||Review|
|Axos Bank High Yield Savings||0.61% APY||Review|
|Axos Bank High Yield Money Market||0.60% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Money Market||0.45% APY||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.40% APY||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||0.40% APY||Review|
How To Earn Up to 3.00% APY Rate
- Direct deposit into your Max Checking account
- Minimum of 10 posted debit card or credit card purchases per month
- Minimum of 4 logins to home banking per month
- Sign up to receive eStatements/eNotices
|Balance Requirement||APY Rate|
- 3.00% APY on balances of up to $15,000
- No minimum balance required
- Totally free – no monthly fees
- Free LMCU ATM usage
- Up to $10/month reimbursement for non-LMCU ATM use
- Free online banking
- Free Bill Pay, with direct deposit commitment
Alternative Rewards Accounts To Consider
Earn up to 1.25% APY with the Axos Bank Rewards Checking account while enjoying a suite of digital tools for smarter money management. This is banking, redefined.
• Never pay monthly maintenance fees again
• No Need to Keep a Minimum Balance to Avoid Fees
• No Overdraft or Non-Sufficient Fund Fees
• Make Unlimited Withdrawals From Any Domestic ATM for Free
With the Discover Cashback Debit Account:
• Earn 1% cash back on up to $3,000 in debit card purchases each month, which lets you earn up to a total of $360 Debit Card Cashback Bonus per year.
• Anyone can open a Discover Cashback Debit account online
• No monthly fees or monthly balance requirements
• With over 60,000 no-fee ATMs in the U.S., Discover is always nearby.
• Move money easily and securely with just a few clicks or taps (transfers to existing discover accounts are immediate)!
• Manage your account and avoid late fees by paying bills online.
• Deposit checks on the go with your phone or automatically with direct deposit.
All in all, the current tiered rates from Lake Michigan Credit Union is fantastic if you are able to meet the requirements. Although the maximum balance deposit is $15,000, the high rates are worth taking a second look at. However, do note that the account will trigger a hard pull!
Lastly, let us know about your experience with this bank and comment below.
For more bank offers, see the complete list of Best Rewards Checking!
Check back often to see the latest info on Lake Michigan Credit Union’s Free Rewards Checking Account.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|BBVA Free Checking & Savings||$250 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account||$100 Cash||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up to $3,000 Cash||Review|
|BlockFi||Up To $250 BTC||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.40% APY||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account||$360 Cash||Review|