When you open a bank account, do you have expectations as to what features and benefits that account should have? With countless banks scattered across the nation, you’re bound to find the perfect bank for you. Perhaps, Old National Bank, is a suitable bank for your needs!
This bank stands as a regional financial institution serving communities throughout the Midwest for more than 180 years. They’re full of checking, savings, and CD accounts for you to open and benefit from. If you’re interested, continue reading down below to learn more about Old National Bank.
Checking Account Options
Old National Bank offers up to four different checking accounts, all with different features. If you’d like to learn about all the details of each account, be sure to visit Old National Bank to learn more!
This account requires a $50 minimum deposit to open. You can access your accounts through online or mobile banking. Additionally, account holders can waive the $15 monthly maintenance fee by either maintaining an average balance of $5,000 or maintain a combined balance of $25,000 in checking, savings, money market accounts, CDs, lines of credit or loans. This is also an interest bearing checking account.
This account is non-interest bearing. Pay for bills online or through mobile banking with this account for free. Waive the $6.95 maintenance fee by either having a total of $500 in direct deposits each month or maintain a minimum daily balance of $750. The Fee can also be waived if you’re a service member.
This account requires a $50 minimum deposit to open. This account has been designed for clients over the age of $50. It’s meant to be easily accessed online or through a physical branch.
This account is also an interest bearing checking account. Waive the $7.95 monthly maintenance fee by maintaining a minimum daily balance of $750 or Maintain a combined balance of $5,000 in checking, savings or money market accounts.
This account requires a $50 minimum deposit to open. This account is designed for student so it has no monthly maintenance fee, however the features and benefits are down to the bare minimum. Access your account online or through the mobile banking app. Receive free e-statements or get paper statements for $3 a month.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
As the name suggests, this is a basic savings account. It requires a $50 minimum deposit to open. This account can be accessed online, through mobile app, or through a physical branch.
There’s a $4 monthly maintenance fee, but can be waived by maintaining a minimum balance of $300 per month. However, note that this basic savings account only earns 0.4% – 0.6% APY – far below the national average.
This savings account also requires a $50 minimum deposit to open. There is a $4 monthly maintenance fee that can be waived by having a minimum balance of $2,000. This account earns 0.25% APY for account with a balance under $10,000 and 1.25% APY for accounts above $10,000.
This account requires a $50 minimum deposit to open. Access this account online, through the mobile app, or at a branch. It has a $4 monthly maintenance fee that can be waived by; maintaining a balance of $300, have an already existing Old National Bank account, or having a Old National Bank Debit card. You can expect to earn 0.05% APY for accounts with balances under $10,000 and 0.03% APY for account above.
This account also requires a $50 minimum deposit. Access this account online, through the mobile app, or at a branch location near you. There’s no monthly maintenance fee. It currently sits at a rate of 0.03% APY.
You can open this account with a $50 minimum deposit. This account also has no monthly maintenance fee and earns a rate of 0.03% APY. This account is perfect to start saving throughout the year to have a plentiful amount of money to celebrate Christmas with.
Compare Savings Accounts
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 4.30% APY as of 9/27/23 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
With the CIT Bank Savings Builders account:
• Earn a top tier, competitive APY on your money—one of the top savings rates in the nation. Earn up to 1.00% APY on your funds - grow your savings faster.
• Build a habit of savings. Pay yourself first. Start with $100 per month and build your habit of savings-—all while getting a top rate.
• FDIC Insured
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB923 by 12/14/2023
• Earn high interest rate of 4.30% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
• See advertiser website for full details
To get your $150 or $200 Bonus: What to do: Apply for your first Discover Online Savings Account, online, in the Discover App or by phone. Enter Offer Code HMB923 when applying. Deposit into your account a total of at least $15,000 to earn a $150 Bonus or deposit a total of at least $25,000 to earn a $200 Bonus. Deposit must be posted to account within 30 days of account open date. Maximum bonus eligibility is $200.
What to know: Offer not valid for existing or prior Discover savings customers or existing or prior customers with savings accounts that are co-branded, or affinity accounts provided by Discover. Eligibility is based on primary account owner. Account must be open when bonus is credited. Bonus will be credited to the account within 60 days of the account qualifying for the bonus. Bonus is interest and subject to reporting on Form 1099-INT. Offer ends 12/14/2023, 11:59 PM ET. Offer may be modified or withdrawn without notice.
CD Account Options
If you’re looking to earn a good return from Old National Bank, their CD products can give you what you need. When you open a CD account, you deposit a certain amount of money for a specific amount of time.
If you’re planning to open one with Old National Bank, you can do it from three months to 50 months. Just note that if you take your money out before its term ends, the bank will hit you with an early withdrawal penalty, so when you open a term, it’s best to open one that you can commit to.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 2.00% APY up to 5.00% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn up to 5.00% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
With the CIT Bank No-Penalty 11-Month CD:
• Earn 4.90% APY on your funds with just a $1,000 minimum deposit.
• The perfect balance between a great fixed rate and flexible money access.
• Access funds, if needed. No penalty.
• No opening or maintenance fees
• Shorter 11-month timeframe and a great APY
• If you need your funds prior to the maturity date, you can withdraw your money — including any interest earned — beginning seven days after the funds have been received. No penalty. No problem. It's the security of a CD with the flexibility to access your funds early if you need them.
Reasons to Bank with Old National Bank
- Customers looking for inexpensive banking products, strong customer service and useful digital features
- They offer high-yield CDs! If you want a decent return, you will want to open a CD account with them.
- They have exceptional customer services
- Fee-free Access to thousands of ATMs nationwide
- Opportunities to waive monthly fees on checking and savings accounts
- Their mobile app is compatible with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. You can turn your phone into a digital wallet!
- They also offer customers access to PopMoney, it lets them send cash to others using only their phone number or email address.
- They also have online access to Money Management, this platform allows you to monitor all your accounts!
Reasons Not to Bank with Old National Bank
- It doesn’t offer the best rates for its savings accounts, so if this is your primary goal, you should look elsewhere.
- Their checking account doesn’t come with many unique features
Old National Bank Routing Number
To find out the routing number for your state, check the lower left hand corner of your checks. Or, simply check their Website.
Contact Customer Service
Reach Old National Bank Customer Service at 1 (800) 731-2265. Their hours vary from branch to branch, but there are a few locations that are open 24 hours
To find a branch closes to you, make sure you use their Locator so you can find out when you can get in touch with them.
How Woodforest Compares
- Bank of America: As one of the larger banks in the U.S. Many may choose BoA for the convenience of locations through out 35 states. However, BoA offers limited account options.
- US Bank: They have approximately 5,000 ATMs locations throughout 25 states. Enjoy 24/7 customer service and mobile banking.
- Banco Popular: They offer basic checking and savings accounts in the East coast. They had options for students in high school and college.
Choosing a bank that best suits your needs is a crucial decision. You’ll be investing time and money into these institutions and will need to make the right choice and be sure the bank/credit union will offer you what you need.
It’s very important to keep in mind the potential fees that may incur and how to avoid them if possible. If Old National Bank has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today!
For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!