If you’re looking for a bank with flexible checking accounts that features low initial deposits, little-to-no monthly fees an more – then you’ve come to the right place. Umpqua Bankis based in Roseburg, Oregon, and has more than 300 branch and ATM locations in Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, and Nevada.
Despite it’s limited numbers, they offer online banking available to anyone in the US. Additionally, they have a wide variety of different accounts for you to choose from. Continue reading below to learn more about Umpqua Bank and decide if it’s the right bank for you. Note that we will only be focusing on checking accounts for this bank.
Table of Contents
Checking Account Options
If you’re looking for a checking account, you’ll be pleased to know that Umpqua offers three options for customers and that all accounts are FDIC Insured. Additionally, they come with a debit card for daily purchases and ATM withdrawals and transfers.
This account required an initial deposit of $25 and requires no monthly fees. No matter your balance you won’t be charged a fee. Receive $10 in ATM fee rebate every monthly billing cycle. Customers with this account will receive a complimentary savings account. This account offers no interest rate.
This account requires an initial deposit of $25. The $5 monthly fee can be avoided with a monthly direct deposit of $500 or more. You can also use your card 10 times per month. Receive 4 complimentary ATM fee rebates. With this account you’ll receive a complimentary savings account as well. While this account doesn’t acquire interest, you’ll get a free wire transfer. The fees for wire transfers are $15 so over time it can really add up.
This account requires an initial deposit of $200. However, despite the initial deposit, this is an interest bearing account. There is a $20 maintenance fee, but it can be waived by – maintaining a daily balance of $15,000 or $25,000 combined balance across accounts. Several free savings or money market accounts. Additionally, receive complimentary checks and other benefits.
Compare Checking Accounts
Open your Huntington 25 Checking account today and enjoy:
• $300 bonus by making cumulative new money deposits of at least $25,000 within 60 days of account opening. $500 will be deposited in your new account within 14 days of meeting requirements.
• 24-Hour Grace Overdraft Fee Relief. It is designed to give you more time to make a deposit in order to avoid an Overdraft Fee.
• Earn Interest on Balances. 0.05% Annual Percentage Yield applies to all balance tiers.
• Free ATM Withdrawals. They’ll waive all non-Huntington ATM cash withdrawal fees at any ATM and reimburse you for some withdrawal fees charged by another ATM owner.
• Waived Monthly Maintenance Fee
• Credit score and identity monitoring at no added cost
Reasons To Bank With Umpqua
- Convenient online and mobile banking. Although they may be limited in their number of physical branches, they compensate by having online and mobile banking.
- With every checking account opened, you’ll be given a complimentary savings account. Their lowest tier checking gives you one account and their top tier gives you five!
Use these accounts to create financial goals. Grow funds for a future vacation or have funds for an emergency.
- Low Minimum Deposits. Open some of their accounts for as little as $25.
Reasons Not To Bank With Umpqua
- Although they give you the options to waive your fees, chances are you may still accumulate some.
- Limited branches! If you’re not in any of their listed states (WA, OR, CA, ID, and NV) you won’t be able to visit any of their branches.
As compensation, they offer ATM rebates, but it can still be viewed as a downside.
- Only one of the three checking accounts are interest bearing. If you want your money to make money, better look elsewhere.
Umpqua Routing Number
The main routing number is 123205054. To find find this routing number, you can simply check the bottom left corner of your checks – check to see if this number differs.
Contact Customer Service
Reach Umpqua Bank Customer Service at 1-866-486-7782.
In addition, you’re able to fill out an online Customer Service Request, but a response can to take between one and two business days.
Umpqua offers three different tiered checking accounts to suit your needs. Each account if FDIC insured, but you can only expect interest from their top tier account.
There are monthly fees, but each account has their ways to waiving it. Additionally, each account will receive between 1 – 5 complimentary savings account, depending on the tier.
We understand if this bank isn’t for you. So if you’re still searching for one that suits your needs, be sure to check out our list of Best Bank Promotions!