The Aeromexico Visa Card offers a 10,000 Bonus Miles ($240 Value) + Companion Certificate after making your first purchase. Although there is a $80 annual fee, the bonus will practically pay itself off for up to 5 years.
Note that that for each mile that you earn, they will translate to 1.6 Premier Points on your account. With this card you earn 2 miles for every $1 spent on Aeromexico ticket, gas station and grocery store purchases as well as 1 mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases. In addition, you can enjoy many other benefits that Aeromexico Airlines will offer such as free checked bags, upgrades, ticket discounts, and more!
*This Aeromexico Card is issued by U.S. Check out more of their Checking/Savings accounts.
Aeromexico Visa Card Features
|Bonus Available||Receive a complimentary companion certificate upon card approval.
Get 10,000 bonus miles (16,000 Premier Points) by making your first purchase.
|Travel Credit||No travel credit. But you get a free companion certificate yearly with card renewal.|
2 miles for every $1 spent on Aeromexico ticket, at gas stations and at grocery stores.
1 mile for every $1 spent on all other eligible purchases.
Get 2,000 bonus miles and a $99 companion certificate when you renew your membership every year.
Get the 4th free when you purchase 3 full fare tickets.
Enjoy 1 free checked bag on Aeromexico flights.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||2% (USD) / 3% (foreign currency)|
|Airport Lounge Access||Receive 1 Salon Premier Lounge Access day pass for you and up to 2 guests.|
- Bonus miles
- High earning potential
- Companion certificates
- Free checked bag
- 4th ticket free
- Anniversary bonus
- Lounge pass
- Partner airlines
- Annual fee
- Complicated rewards
- Foreign transaction fees
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
What Are Aeromexico Miles Worth?
Like many other airline-branded cards, your miles’ worth depends on how you use them. Redeeming for flights will get you the most value and the various booking details will determine what your miles are worth.
Remember, earned miles appear as Premier Points in your loyalty account. On average, each Aeromexico Premier Point is worth around $0.015. That’s a great value considering the average across different rewards cards is just $0.01 per point.
You can use your Aeromexico miles for:
- Air travel with Aeromexico or partner airlines (shown below)
- Hotel stays
- Car rentals
You’ll get the most value for your Aeromexico miles if you use them for air travel. Aeromexico is part of the SkyTeam Member Airlines. See them below.
SkyTeam Member Airlines
|Aeroflot||China Eastern||MEA (Middle East Airlines)|
|Aerolineas Argentinas||Czech Airlines||Saudia|
|Air France||Kenya Airways||Xiamen Air|
|Alitalia||KLM Royal Dutch Airlines|
|China Airlines||Korean Air|
Why You Should Apply for This Card
Get 2,000 bonus miles and a $99 companion certificate every card anniversary just by renewing your membership. Your companion certificate can only be used on an Aeromexico flight between the United States and Mexico.
Purchase 3 seats on an Aeromexico flight, and you’ll get the fourth ticket on the same flight free. This offer is specifically aimed at passengers traveling with family or in a large group.
In order to get your fourth ticket free, you must comply with the following:
- The offer is only valid for same-flight tickets. Which means all 4 ticketed passengers must travel together on the same flight.
- Tickets are restricted to Aeromexico flights only. So you can’t use it for a flight with another airline within the SkyTeam alliance.
Get 1 free checked bag per trip and 1 complimentary upgrade every year. You’ll also receive 1 Salon Premier Lounge Access day pass with your credit card in the mail.
|Best Credit Card Categories|
|0% APR||Airline Rewards||Balance Transfer|
|Cash Back||Hotel Rewards||Military|
|No Annual Fee||No Foreign Transaction Fee||Premium|
|Small Business||Student||Travel Rewards|
The rewards structure of the Aeromexico Visa Card lets you earn a lot of miles easily. This airline card can be a valuable part of your arsenal due to all of the award flights it racks up.
Not only can you use Aeromexico to fly to Latin/Central America, you can also redeem awards with any of their Sky Team members. The Aeromexico Visa Card is issued by U.S. Bank, so if you want to check out more deals like this check out our list of U.S. Bank Promotions and our list of the best Credit Card Bonuses here on HMB!
(Visit Aeromexico for more details)
What’s The Competition?
Looking For More Flexibility?
Below are some top general travel cards that aren’t tied to any airline or hotel:
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
The Capital One VentureOne Rewards Card offers 20,000 miles once you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $200 in travel.
Enjoy 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months; 19.74% - 29.74% variable APR after that; 3% fee on the amounts transferred within the first 15 months.
• 1.25 Miles per dollar on every purchase, every day.
• 5 Miles per dollar on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.
This card comes with no annual fees and no foreign transaction fees which is a great choice as your go-to travel card!
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms apply.
• 4X Membership Rewards Points at Restaurants, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S.,
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
• 3X Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
$120 Dining Credit: Satisfy your cravings and earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the American Express Gold Card at Grubhub, The Cheesecake Factory, Goldbelly, Wine.com, Milk Bar and select Shake Shack locations. Enrollment required.
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).
Other Airline Credit Cards To Consider
Here are some other popular co-branded airline cards to look at:
The United Explorer Card offers 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
• Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on dining, hotel stays, and United purchases
• Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on dining including eligible delivery services
Perks of this card include:
• Getting up to $100 Global Entry, TSA PreCheck or NEXUS fee credit
• Get your first bag checked for free (up to $140 savings per roundtrip). Terms apply.
• Get priority boarding perks & visit the United Club with 2 one-time passes each year for your anniversary
• 25% back as a statement credit on purchases of food, beverages and Wi-Fi on board United-operated flights and on Club premium drinks
• Get one-year complimentary DashPass, a membership for both DoorDash and Caviar that provides unlimited deliveries with $0 delivery fees and lower service fees on eligible orders. After that, you are automatically enrolled in DashPass at the current monthly rate. Activate by 12/31/24.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee, however, the annual fee is waived for the first year.
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card offers 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
Earn now. Travel when you're ready. After you spend $10,000 in purchases in a calendar year, you will receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit on your Card to inspire your next travel.
• 2X Miles on Delta purchases at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets
• 1X mile for every eligible dollar you spend on purchases.
There is a $99 annual fee, however, there is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year (See Rates & Fees). Now, you'll get get more savings with your first checked bag for free on Delta flights.
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
Leave a Reply