Land of Lincoln Credit Union offers many products and services including personal checking and savings, business services as well as IRAs, credit cards, home equity loans, auto loans, mortgage loan and more!
Not only that they have features like online banking, mobile banking & deposit, online bill pay and more, so they can help and optimize convenience and efficiency for their customer’s banking experience!
- Wide variety of deposit and loan products
- Low or no fees on most accounts
- Interest on most checking accounts
- Tiered interest rates on most savings products
- No investment options
- Comparably low rates on deposit products
- Membership required
Continue reading below to learn more about Land of Lincoln Credit Union’s services and products!
Table of Contents
- 1 Types of Accounts Available
- 2 Checking
- 3 Compare Checking Accounts
- 4 Savings Account
- 5 Compare Savings Accounts
- 6 Money Market Account
- 7 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 8 Certificates of Deposit
- 9 Compare CD Accounts
- 10 Individual Retirement Accounts
- 11 Loans
- 12 How to Bank with Land of Lincoln
- 13 Consider banking with Land of Lincoln if…
- 14 You Should Bank Elsewhere…
- 15 Bottom Line
Types of Accounts Available
|Land of Lincoln Account Types|
|Checking||Monthly Service Charge: $0-$6|
|Savings||Monthly Service Charge: $0|
|Money Market||Monthly Service Charge: $0|
|CDs||Monthly Service Charge: $0|
|IRAs||Account Maintenance Fee if Closed in First Year: $50|
*Updated as of May 7, 2020
Land of Lincoln offers a traditional, no-fee checking account with their Free Checking Account. This account doesn’t have a minimum balance required and no monthly service charge. Not only that, you also get unlimited check writing privileges as a member.
They also offer a Fresh Start Checking for members that need help rebuilding their credit, so if you had financial difficulties in the past and had trouble opening a standard checking account, this account might help you!
- Unlimited check writing
- Overdraft protection
- Fresh Start option available for those with checkered financial histories
- No interest earned
Land of Lincoln Credit Union also offers checking accounts that pay interest:
- Share Draft Plus Checking
- Amped Checking
- Premier Advantage Checking
Share Draft Plus
- This account pays dividends monthly.
- Same Benefits & Services of the Free Checking Account like unlimited check writing privileges, direct deposit, ATM/debit cards and online Banking and electronic BillPay.
- However a $500 Minimum Balance is required. If balance falls below $500 any time during the month, a $5 service charge will be assessed and all interest will be forfeited. If the account balance remains at $500 or more for the entire month, interest is paid on the daily balance.
- This account requires you to enroll in Home Banking and e-Statements and have at least 20 debit card transactions per month.
- Amped Checking pays tiered interest dividends based on average daily balances.
- There’s no minimum balance requirement, however, if the account is not enrolled in Home Banking, e-Statements AND have 20 monthly debit card transactions, a $5 monthly fee will incur and interest will be waived.
Premier Advantage Checking
- Available for members who are 50 years of age or retired, OR those who have Direct Deposit of entire Social Security/Pension Check or Direct Deposit of net check into their Premier Advantage Checking.
- You also earn benefits like:
- Free Checks – Premier Advantage Style (one box per order)
- Get up to 10 copies per month with their free copier service
- Free Check Imaging with e-Statements
- Direct Deposit Convenience.
- And more!
- Multiple account options available
- Numerous freebies for members age 50-plus with the Premier Advantage Checking account
- $5 monthly fee on Share Draft Plus Checking if requirements not met
- High APY on Amped Checking is for up to $1,500.01 only
Compare Checking Accounts
Open your Huntington 25 Checking account today and enjoy:
• $300 bonus by making cumulative new money deposits of at least $25,000 within 60 days of account opening. $500 will be deposited in your new account within 14 days of meeting requirements.
• 24-Hour Grace Overdraft Fee Relief. It is designed to give you more time to make a deposit in order to avoid an Overdraft Fee.
• Earn Interest on Balances. 0.05% Annual Percentage Yield applies to all balance tiers.
• Free ATM Withdrawals. They’ll waive all non-Huntington ATM cash withdrawal fees at any ATM and reimburse you for some withdrawal fees charged by another ATM owner.
• Waived Monthly Maintenance Fee
• Credit score and identity monitoring at no added cost
Land of Lincoln offers a variety of Savings Accounts with competitive rates to help you start saving for your goals. They offer one basic savings account and three specialty: Custom Savings, Christmas Club and Vacation Savings.
A $5 deposit and minimum balance in the Basic Savings Account is required for membership in the credit union. The Custom Savings Account is identical to the Basic Savings Account except members can assign the account to a specific goal, such as saving for vacation.
The Christmas Club Account and the Vacation Savings Account have no minimum balance requirements and are designed to help members save specifically for the holidays and for a vacation, respectively.
- Variety of savings accounts available
- All savings accounts pay interest
- APY is low for all savings accounts
Compare Savings Accounts
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.40% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
With the CIT Bank Savings Builders account:
• Earn a top tier, competitive APY on your money—one of the top savings rates in the nation. Earn 0.40% APY on your funds - grow your savings faster.
• Build a habit of savings. Pay yourself first. Start with $100 per month and build your habit of savings-—all while getting a top rate.
• FDIC Insured
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
Money Market Account
Land of Lincoln offers two money market accounts: the traditional Money Market account and the MAXimum Money Market.
Their Money Market Accounts:
- Require a minimum balance of $2,500.
- Accounts have a minimum deposit and withdrawal requirement of $100.
- Accounts have a limit of 6 withdrawal or transfers per month.*
- Only (3) of (6) withdrawals are allowed by check.
- Higher rates than savings accounts
- Check writing capability
- Two types of money market accounts
- Low APYs for all tiers in the traditional Money Market
- Higher minimum balance
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Earn 0.25% APY with the Axos Bank High Yield Money Market
• FDIC Insured
• Check writing privileges
• No monthly maintenance fees
• No minimum balance requirements
• Debit card transactions
• Minimum Balance Required to Open the Account: $ 1000.00
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.35% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.30% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
Certificates of Deposit
Land of Lincoln Credit Union sometimes offer a special share of certificates with varying APYs and restrictions. Make sure you check online and see their current rates and terms.
- Wide range of terms available
- Higher deposits earn higher interest tiers.
- No $100,000-plus jumbo CD tier
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 0.60% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
With the CIT Bank No-Penalty 11-Month CD:
• Earn 0.30% APY on your funds with just a $1,000 minimum deposit.
• The perfect balance between a great fixed rate and flexible money access.
• Access funds, if needed. No penalty.
• No opening or maintenance fees
• Shorter 11-month timeframe and a great APY
• If you need your funds prior to the maturity date, you can withdraw your money — including any interest earned — beginning seven days after the funds have been received. No penalty. No problem. It's the security of a CD with the flexibility to access your funds early if you need them.
Individual Retirement Accounts
Land of Lincoln Credit Union offers both Traditional IRAs and Roth IRAs. There are no fees to open an IRA account, but there is a $50 maintenance fee if you close your account within one year of opening.
- Traditional and Roth IRAs available
- IRA savings APY more than quadruple that of the credit union’s basic savings account
- Maintenance fee of $50 for early account closure
Land of Lincoln offers a wide variety of loans and each loan offers different benefits and advantages. They offer:
- Vehicle loans
- Personal loans
- Visa credit cards
- Secured loans
- Mortgage loans
- Home equity lines of credit
- Home equity loans
- Commercial loans
- Student loans
- Relationship Rewards discount program
- Wide range of available loan types
- No payments for up to 90 days on auto loans
- New and vehicle refinance loans
- Fixed-rate, adjustable, FHA, VA and USDA Rural Development mortgages
- $350 mortgage loan fee
How to Bank with Land of Lincoln
Since Land of Lincoln is a credit union, there is a membership required before you can open an account with them. To qualify you must meet one of the following:
- Live or work in one of these 26 counties, all of which are located in Illinois: Bond, Christian, Clark, Clay, Clinton, Coles, Crawford, Cumberland, DeWitt, Douglas, Edgar, Effingham, Fayette, Jasper, Jefferson, Lawrence, Macon, Marion, McLean, Montgomery, Moultrie, Piatt, Richland, Sangamon, Shelby or Washington.
- Have one of your immediate family members is already a member.
- Be employed by one of the credit union’s Premier Partners.
- Be a United Methodist affiliate.
Once you’ve qualified for at least one, you can then open an account online or in branch. Or you can choose to call the credit union at (844) 222-7788. They will ask you to provide your identification information like your name, address, date of birth and Social Security number, in order to process your application. You’ll also need to provide your mother’s maiden name and driver’s license number.
Mobile and Oline Banking
LLCU Mobile Banking offers the ability to use your personal phone or tablet to conduct your banking services through their secure mobile app.
- View your account balances.
- Move money between accounts.
- Update your contact information.
- Stop payment on checks.
- View check history.
- See loan payments and payoffs.
- Reorder checks.
- Enroll in bill pay services.
- View or print your eStatements.
- Transfer money between accounts
- Pay bills through BillPay
- Make check deposits using Mobile Deposit
- Find branch and ATM locations
Technology & Security
Land of Lincoln Credit Union offers features with its online and mobile banking like PopMoney and e-alert notifications, as well as text banking. And you can choose a picture to upload to your debit card.
In addition to the advanced technology, Land of Lincoln Credit Union also uses enhanced security for account log-in procedures. The credit union also has multi-factor authentication, security questions and an online PIN.
Consider banking with Land of Lincoln if…
- You’re looking for more than simple banking and want more features
- Live nearby where a Land of Lincoln Credit Union is located then you should consider signing up.
You Should Bank Elsewhere…
- If you live outside the credit union’s service area or who cannot otherwise qualify from eligibility requirements, see list above
- If you’re looking for savings accounts with no fees or minimums and top-tier yields.
Land of Lincoln Credit Union offers plenty of account options from savings and checking accounts, loans, certificates and IRA’s, as well as other banking products like money orders, and ATM’s. l. Fees are generally low, but so are the interest rates the credit union pays.
The credit union is great for local customers who are looking for a full-banking relation ship with thei credit union. While you’re here on HMB, check our full list of Best Bank Promotions for more options!