For a limited time, American Airlines is offering a 20% transfer bonus when you transfer SPG points to American Airline Miles before the deadline of September 14, 2016. Additionally, if you convert 20,000 points in one transaction, Starwood automatically adds a 5,000 point bonus. For example, if you transfer your 20,000 Starwood points to AAdvantage, you will first get a 5,000 point bonus, then you’ll receive a bonus of 20% of that, which is another 5,000 points. This is a great promotion that you should take advantage of!
Editor’s Note: If you want to earn easy points, Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card will offer you 25,000 points when you spend $3,000 points within the first 3 months.
American Airlines SPG 20% Transfer Info:
- Sign Up
- Promotion: 20% Transfer Bonus
- Expiration Date: September 14, 2016
- Requirement: You must transfer the bonus from SPG to American Airlines in order to receive the SPG 20% Bonus
- Term and Conditions: To qualify for this AAdvantage® bonus mile offer, member must initiate the AAdvantage® mileage conversions with the Starwood Preferred Guest® program between 12:00 a.m. Central time August 1, 2016 and 11:59 p.m. Central time September 14, 2016 (the “Promotion Period”), and be in good standing in the AAdvantage® program. Members can convert multiple times during the Promotion Period.
Earn American Airlines 20% Transfer Promo:
- Make sure you have an SPG account, as well as an American Airlines account.
- Click on the Convert Now button located on the American Airlines page.
- You will then have to Log into your SPG account. Once you are logged in, you will be able to transfer your points from SPG account to American
- If you transfer more than 20,000, you’ll earn first the 5,000 point bonus. (25,000)
- After you earn your 5,000 bonus, you’ll then be calculated for your 20% Bonus. So you’ll earn an additional 5,000 (30,000)
This promotion is pretty good for those of you who knows how to utilize their points. One of the best uses of Starpoints is for airline mileage transfers. One of Starwood’s best airline mileage transfer partners is American Airlines. So receiving an extra 20% on mileage transfers is pretty huge in my opinion. If you have a specific or short-term use in mind I’d absolutely take advantage of this promotion. For more ways to earn easy Points and Miles, Check out our full list!