Aeromexico is an airliner that flies over 70 destinations, including popular cities in the United States, Canada, Central America and Europe. It’s the only airline in Latin America that offers direct flights to Asia on a regular basis.
If you’re a fan of this airline, consider their frequent flyer program, Club Premier. Members can earn Premier Points for flying Aeromexico and SkyTeam member airlines and can transfer points from popular loyalty programs like American Express Membership Rewards® and Marriott Bonvoy. On top of booking flights with Aeromexico, points can also be earned through partner airlines such as Delta and Air France. Continue reading below to learn more about Aeromexico Club Premier.
Table of Contents
Aeromexico Club Premier Summary
|Hubs||Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey|
|Redemption Options||Aeromexico & SkyTeam partner flights, hotel, rental car, activities, merchandise, moviet tickets, experiences & charitable donations|
|Average Mile Value||$0.015|
Club Premier Elite Status
Similar to other frequent flyer programs, Club Premier elite status is tiered and comes in as these three: Gold, Platinum and Titanium. To unlock a new tier, you will need to earn a certain number of qualifying Premier Points:
|GOLD||50K qualifying Premier Points|
|PLATINUM||80K qualifying Premier Points|
|TITANIUM||100k qualifying Premier Points|
Elite members enjoy the following perks:
|Free seat choice on paid Aeromexico flights||72 hrs
|Free upgrades to Premier Class for you + 1||24 hrs
|Free 1st checked bag to the U.S. & Canada||×||×||×|
|Check-in at Sky Priority or SkyTeam counters||×||×||×|
|Free additional bag on domestic flights||×||×||×|
|Free upgrade with Delta*||×||×||×|
|Free access to Premier Aeromexico Lounges||You + 1||You + 1|
|Free access to SkyTeam VIP Lounges||×||×|
|One service charge-free Award Ticket per year||×|
|1 Award Ticket guaranteed with Aeromexico per year*||×|
|SkyTeam elite status||Elite||Elite Plus||Elite Plus|
Earning Club Premier Points
Here is a list of Club Premier members that you can earn points.
Because Aeromexico uses a distance-based chart, you can earn anywhere between 25% to 200% of the miles you fly, depending on the airline, destination and ticket fare class.
You can also book directly with partner travel brands to earn Premier Points, including:
Earning Club Premier Points with American Express Membership Rewards®
As a United States citizen, the easiest way to earn Premier Points is by transferring your Amex Membership Rewards points at a 1:1.15 ratio. Credit cards that earn Amex Membership Rewards include:
|Personal Credit Cards||The Platinum Card® from American Express
American Express® Gold Card
American Express® Green Card
|Business Credit Cards||The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
American Express® Business Gold Card
The Platinum Card® from American Express offers 80,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
• 5X Membership Rewards Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
• 5X Membership Rewards Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
This card comes with an annual fee of $695 (See Rates & Fees), but you cardholders can enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only. Terms Apply.
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms apply.
• 4X Membership Rewards Points at Restaurants, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S.,
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
• 3X Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
$120 Dining Credit: Satisfy your cravings and earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the American Express Gold Card at Grubhub, The Cheesecake Factory, Goldbelly, Wine.com, Milk Bar and select Shake Shack locations. Enrollment required.
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).
Earn 4X Membership Rewards(R) Points at Restaurants, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S., and earn 4X Membership Rewards(R) points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
Earn 3X Membership Rewards(R) points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express has a welcome offer of 120,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with your Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
• 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
• 1.5X Membership Rewards points on eligible purchases at US construction material & hardware suppliers, electronic goods retailers and software & cloud system providers, and shipping providers, as well as on purchases of $5,000 or more everywhere else, on up to $2 million of these purchases per calendar year.
• 1X points for each dollar you spend on eligible purchases
• Unlock over $1,000 in value per year for statement credits on select purchases, including tech, recruiting and wireless with the Business Platinum Card.
• $200 Airline Fee Credit: Select one qualifying airline and then receive up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year when incidental fees are charged by the airline to your Card or any of the Additional Cards on your Platinum Card account.
• $189 CLEAR Credit: CLEAR uses biometrics to assign you a touchless ID, allowing you to move faster through security at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. You can cover the cost of a CLEAR membership with up to $189 in statement credits per calendar year after you pay for CLEAR with your Business Platinum Card.
This card does come with a $695 annual fee. (See Rates & Fees)
The American Express® Business Gold Card offers 70,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
You'll earn more rewards: Get 4X Membership Rewards® points on the 2 select categories where your business spent the most each month** (**4X points apply to the first $150,000 in combined purchases from these 2 categories each calendar year.*). In addition, you'll get an airline bonus; 25% points back after you use points for all or part of an eligible flight booked with Amex Travel, up to 250,000 points back per calendar year.*
This card does carry a $295 annual fee, but no foreign transaction fees. (See Rates & Fees)
Other transfer partners include:
|REWARDS PROGRAM||TRANSFER RATIO|
|Best Western Rewards||5:1.6|
|Capital One Rewards||2:1.5|
|IHG Rewards Club||5:1|
|World of Hyatt||5:4|
Redeeming Club Premier Points
Premier Points expire after 24 months of inactivity. To keep your account active, make sure to earn or burn points at least every two years.
As mentioned above, you can earn points by booking flights with Aeromexico. Also, you are allowed one stopover per round-trip award, so you can see Mexico on your way to Chile or visit two cities in Europe or Asia for the price of one.
The SkyTeam partner award chart is also priced reasonably. Below is the award chart for roundtrip flights departing from the United States:
You can also use your Premier Points to book accommodation, rental cars and activities, as well as for merchandise, movie tickets and experiences. You can even donate your Premier Points to charitable organizations.
Additional Tips & Tricks
Delta & Air France. Aeromexico provides SkyTeam routes at a 30% discount compared to Delta and Air France. So if you fly with Delta and Air France, joining Club Premier is a good strategy.
Azul sales. These limited-time promotions give members discounts on already discounted seats. For example, 52,500 Premier Points for a roundtrip flight from Mexico City, Mexico to Sao Paulo, Brazil. Stay informed by signing up for Aeromexico’s email list.
With the SkyTeam Go Round The World Pass, you can get a lot more value for your points. For an economy pass, it will cost you 224,000 Premier Points. To fly in business, you’ll need 352,000 points. Terms and conditions include:
- Valid for SkyTeam airlines only.
- Travel must continue in the same direction (East or West).
- Travel must begin and end in the same country.
- Minimum of 3 or maximum of 15 stopovers, with no more than 5 per continent.
- Must book the same class of service for all flights.
- Pass is valid for one year from the issue date.
If you’re loving this frequent flyer program, then invite your friends and family to join this program. Both of you will earn 20% more Premier Points on your referral’s point earning during their first 90 days in the program. The more people you invite, the more you can earn.
With so many routes to choose from with SkyTeam and the various partners, you may want to join this program. Plus earned benefits and perks with Aeromexico Club Premier will change the way you experience earning rewards