Learn about Great Lakes Credit Union Free Checking account here.
Available nationwide, Great Lakes Credit Union is offering a staggering 2.50% APY with a maximum balance of $10,000 on their Free Checking Account.
Table of Contents
About Great Lakes Credit Union Free Checking
Great Lakes Credit Union is headquartered in Bannockburn, Illinois and it was founded in 1938. Since then they have opened 11 locations and offer money market rates that are 48% higher than the national average.
Continue on to learn more about the Great Lakes Credit Union Free Checking Account below.
|Eligibility: Membership in Great Lakes Credit Union is open to anyone by choosing the “Not Listed-Let us help!” option in the online application. Membership is also open to the following groups: (1) those who live or work in the Illinois counties of Cook (west of Route 83), Dupage, Kane, Kendal, Lake, McHenry, Will, and Kenosha County, Wisconsin, (2) Federal government employees, including active and retired military members, (3) employees of Select Employer Groups. Membership requirements are listed in the credit union’s online application.
See current membership details
Great Lakes Credit Union Free Checking Rate
Residents nationwide can earn the industry-leading rate on balances up to $10,000. With no minimum deposit, you will be able to enjoy the rate to its full potential!
- What you’ll get: 2.50% APY up to $10,000
- Eligible Accounts: Free Checking Account
- Credit Inquiry: Unknown
- Where it’s available: Nationwide
- Opening Deposit: No minimum
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown
- Monthly fee: None
American Express® High Yield Savings Account - You earn 0.40% interest rate along with no minimum deposits or monthly fees. Amex High Yield Savings account has been my favorite Hub account for the past 7 years. Using this account to Pull/Push your money is absolutely necessary when you have many accounts. Here's why:
*No dollar limitations for ACH transfers - When you find a top bank rate account, you don't want to be limited to just $5K or $10K transfers. Amex Savings will let you transfers as much as you want whether you are pulling or pushing money from and to an external bank account.
*1 to 2 business days ACH transfers speed - With top-notch user interface, you get your money to another external account or pull money from another bank account within a day or two.
*No loss of interest during transfers - On the day you initiate your transaction on the high yield savings account website, the funds will be reflected in your Current Balance and begin earning interest.
Some other features from American Express High Yield Savings Account include Free Wire Transfers, 3 maximum linked accounts, and maximum 6 ACH withdrawals per month.
Savings account offers are frequently updated. Find the best nationwide Savings/Money Market rates here, and the best Savings account bonuses here. The Axos Bank and CIT Bank accounts offer great rates available nationwide which I recommend.
|Aspiration||1.00% APY + $150 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank High Yield Savings||Up to 0.61% APY||Review|
|Quontic Bank High Yield Savings||0.55% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Money Market||0.45% APY||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.40% APY||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||0.40% APY||Review|
|Axos Business Savings||0.20% APY + $100 Bonus||Review|
How To Earn Up to 2.50% APY Rate
- Sign up with Great Lakes Credit Union to earn a 2.50% APY for balances up to $10,000
- Have a $500 direct deposit
- Make 15 debit card purchases totaling $150 or more
- Sign up/enroll for eStatements
- Pay one bill per month via bill pay or login to mobile banking once per month
|Balance Requirement||APY Rate|
|$0 – $10,000||2.50%|
- No ATM fees at CO-OP Network ATMs
- Reimburse up to $10 per month in ATM fees when made in the US and outside the GLCU / CO-OP ATM Network
- No monthly fee
- No minimum balance required
Alternative Rewards Accounts To Consider
Earn up to 1.25% APY with the Axos Bank Rewards Checking account while enjoying a suite of digital tools for smarter money management. This is banking, redefined.
• Never pay monthly maintenance fees again
• No Need to Keep a Minimum Balance to Avoid Fees
• No Overdraft or Non-Sufficient Fund Fees
• Make Unlimited Withdrawals From Any Domestic ATM for Free
With the Discover Cashback Debit Account:
• Earn 1% cash back on up to $3,000 in debit card purchases each month, which lets you earn up to a total of $360 Debit Card Cashback Bonus per year.
• Anyone can open a Discover Cashback Debit account online
• No monthly fees or monthly balance requirements
• With over 60,000 no-fee ATMs in the U.S., Discover is always nearby.
• Move money easily and securely with just a few clicks or taps (transfers to existing discover accounts are immediate)!
• Manage your account and avoid late fees by paying bills online.
• Deposit checks on the go with your phone or automatically with direct deposit.
Overall, the Great Lakes Credit Union Free Checking Account is a good opportunity nationwide. There is no monthly fee, and the account has a great interest rate! Remember that if your balance is over $10,000,you won’t get the full benefit of the rewards checking account.
Lastly, let us know about your experience with this bank and comment below.
For more bank offers, see the complete list of Best Rewards Checking!
Check back often to see the latest info on Great Lakes Credit Union Free Checking Account.