Available nationwide, Popular Direct is offering up to 1.45% APY when you open an Select Savings Account with an opening deposit of $5,000.
Table of Contents
About Popular Direct
Grounded by 122 years of strong values of its parent company, Popular Bank strives to create a lasting legacy in the US market. Popular Bank maintains a laser focus on customer service, tremendous dedication to its communities and commitment to deliver shareholder value.
|Balance Requirement||APY Rate|
Popular Direct Select Savings Rate
- Account Type: Select Savings Account
- Interest Rate: 1.45% APY
- Minimum Balance: $5,000
- Maximum Balance: None
- Availability: Nationwide
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- ChexSystems: None
- Opening Deposit: $5,000
- Monthly Fee: $4 service fee if the daily balance is below $500
- Early Termination Fee: $25 if account is closed within 180 days of opening
Popular Direct Bank ACH Capabilities & Limits
|ACH Type||Speed||Daily $ Limit||Monthly $ Limit||Notes|
- Withdrawals only allowed via an external account, internal transfer to another Popular Direct account, or ACH.
- $5 fee for each additional debit exceeding the limit of six per statement cycle.
- Deposits only allowed via an external account, internal transfers to another Popular Direct account, ACH, or Popular Direct mobile app.
Editor’s Note: Help us with the table above in the comment section if you have experience with ACH capabilities.
How to Earn Popular Direct Savings Bank Rate
- Open a Popular Direct Select Savings Account with an opening deposit of $5,000.
- Input your info – Provide your name, address, phone, email and social security number or Tax ID.
- Fund the account – Transfer funds electronically from an internal account here or an external account at another bank.
- Make sure to keep at least $500 to avoid the $4 monthly fee.
- Earn 1.45% APY as long as you keep the account funded.
Why You Should Sign Up For This Account
- Earn a competitive rate higher than the national average
- Interest is compounded daily
- Have peace of mind with FDIC insured deposits
- Mobile banking for depositing checks on the go and receiving account alerts
- Transferring money is made simple and secure
- Online banking available on all digital devices
Popular Direct is offering a great rate placing them at the top of the list out of the personal savings accounts available nationwide. This Select Savings Account makes it simple to earn high-yield savings with low balance requirements. Keep in mind to keep the account active otherwise a $5 monthly dormancy fee will occur if there has been no activity for 12 months.
If you have had any experiences with this bank, please let us know in the comment section below. Feel free to share your experiences with this bank by commenting below. For more bank offers, see the complete list of Best Bank Rates!
Check back often to see the latest info on Popular Direct Bank Select Savings Account.