While American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Offer is expired
The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express can deliver tons of value for businesses that frequently require travel, and this past spring, Marriott and Starwood finalized their merger and what Marriott’s CEO, Arne Sorenson, emphasized about Starwood Preferred Guest’s(SPG) rewards program was to “make sure the benefits get better or stay the same”.
It gives existing loyal members comfort and excitement to know that the rewards that makes SPG so special and one of the best travel cards will not be downgraded but hopeful that even better benefits are to come. What’s also expected from the merger is an extensive worldwide expansion in the collection of hotels and resorts. It’s a great time to take advantage of the amazing bonuses, rewards, and benefits the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card has to offer.
Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express
Fantastic Welcome Offer
The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express offers a solid welcome offer, rewards every time you use your card, and even generous redemption bonuses. Starpoints are considered the most valuable reward currency available and can garner more than 2 cent per point or double or triple the value of other reward currencies. Ultimately, less Starpoints are required to redeem for rewards. Earn the most points by obtaining SPG Gold or Platinum elite statuses which is more accessible with the Starwood Preferred Guest Business card.
Starpoints: The Most Valuable Rewards
The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express earns Starpoints that not only holds the most value per reward currency but are also highly flexible especially when redeeming for travel. Analysts valuate Starpoints to have the potential to be worth as much as 4 and close to 5 cents each when redeeming for hotel award nights. What’s even more compelling are the extra bonuses and incentives embedded when redeeming for travel.
- Redeem for Hotel Nights – Starpoints can be redeemed for award night stays with no blackout dates at over 1,300 hotels and resorts worldwide. Starwood properties range from category 1 requiring only 2,000 points to redeem for a free night up to category 7. Also receive bonus free nights and point discounts as you redeem for hotel nights.
- 5th Night Free – Get the 5th night free when you redeem points for 5 award nights stays at category 3 – 7 hotels.
- Up to 20,000 Starpoint Discounts – With SPG’s Nights & Flights, save as much as 20,000 Starpoints when you redeem 5 nights at category 3 or 4 hotels and transfer 50,000 points for miles with airline partners where the transfer ratio is 1 to 1.
- Room Upgrade – Starting at 1,000 Starpoints, upgrade to a suite or a larger room, or even a room with a view to make your stay even more memorable.
- Transfer for Airline Miles & 5 Bonus – Transfer Starpoints to more than 30 partner airline frequent flyer programs for miles at a 1 to 1 ratio with a few exceptions. Additionally, receive 5,000 bonus Starpoints when you transfer 20,000 points for miles (airline partners with 1 to 1 ratio) which increases the value of each point by 25%.
- Flights, Car Rental, & Rail – Starpoints can be redeemed for flights with over 150 different airlines through SPG Rewards Program and car rentals with Avis or Sixt. Another travel option is to transfer points for rail miles with Amtrak at a 1 to 1 ratio.
- More Options – There are several more options to redeem Starpoints including giftcards and tickets and VIP access to live music and performance, sporting events, and unique experiences through SPG Moments. Points can also be donated to Clean the World, American Red Cross, and Unicef charities or gifted to family or friends in the same household with an SPG account.
SPG Perks & Benefits
The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express strives to make every stay at Starwood hotels and resorts more enjoyable and comfortable with included perks and benefits. Business can also remain uninterrupted but hardly feel like work with all the extra amenities and work space.
- Shortcut to Elite Status – With the Starwood Preferred Guest Business card, receive short cuts to elite SPG® Gold and Platinum status and earn more rewards and gain more benefits. Attain Gold status by spending $30,000 or more on your card in a calendar year. It also comes with annual credits of 5 nights and 2 stays toward the next level of SPG Elite status, therefore, only 20 nights or 8 more stays is needed to reach Gold status and 45 nights or 23 more stays to reach Platinum status. Gold elite status will earn you 2 additional Starpoints for every $1 spent at Starwood hotels and resorts, room upgrade(if available), late check-out, complimentary bottled water, and more. Reach Platinum elite status to receive 3 additional Starpoints, the best room upgrade available, and more in addition to Gold status benefits.
- Sheraton Club Lounge – Card members and a guest will receive access to Sheraton Club Lounges with privileges that include complimentary breakfast, snacks, beverages, WiFi connection. It’s perfect for business with office amenities, comfortable work space, and spectacular views. Personalized service is also available to make your stay even more enjoyable.
- Unlimited Complimentary WiFi & Internet – With the Starwood Preferred Guest Business card, receive complimentary premium internet access while staying at Starwood hotels. Always stay connected at more than 1,000,000 hotspots worldwide with complimentary unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi on up to four devices. Boingo American Express Preferred Plan enrollment required and can add up to $400 in savings each year.
A Business Resource
The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express not only earns you rewards but also includes exclusive American Express business backing benefits that makes it an important resource.
- OPEN Savings & OPEN Forum – Receive 5% discount with OPEN Savings with participating partners FedEx, Hertz, HP.com, 1800flowers.com, and BN.com(Barnes & Noble). OPEN Forum provides support, insight, advice, and the latest in business news and research. Business experts are within reach with topics that include staff management tips, business growth, and marketing to name a few.
- Add Employees – The Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card makes it easy to add employee cards with no annual fee (see Rates & Fees) and no extra costs. Employees will earn points at the same rate when they use their card. Get the ability to designate an employee to be an account manager to help with business finances and bookkeeping.
- Account Management Tools – There are applications and tools that will make managing your account effortless. The ReceiptMatch feature will organize your expenses by adding receipts, tags and notes to your transactions either from your desktop, phone, or tablet. Mobile apps can also be downloaded on your phone or tablet to make it convenient to check your balance, make payments, or even view your benefits at any moment. Receive automatic alerts to closely monitor your account to make payments on time, keep tabs on employee spending, and also be notified of suspicious activity.
No Foreign Transaction Fees & More Benefits
The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express carries no foreign transaction fees (see Rates & Fees)on purchases make outside the U.S. and includes more travel and shopping benefits that makes it an excellent card to travel anywhere with.
It’s equipped with baggage insurance, travel accident insurance, car rental loss and damage, roadside assistance hotline, global assist hotline, purchase protection, extended warranty, and return protection so you can travel and shop with confidence. There is a $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $95 after, which is definitely well worth the price.
One of the Best Business Travel Rewards Cards
The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express is a definite must for businesses travelers who prefer staying at the highly rated Starwood hotels and resorts and soon also Marriott hotels and resorts. Get the opportunity to collect Starpoints, the most valuable reward currency, with every purchase and earn a substantial welcome offer and outstanding rewards.
The Starwood Preferred Guest Business card has no shortage of hotel, business, travel, and shopping benefits and is considered one of the best business travel rewards card. Review our complete list of credit card bonus promotions.