When opening a checking or savings account, what are the features and benefits that you expect the most? You’ll find a range of personal banking products including checking accounts with identity fraud protection features, savings accounts, certificates of deposit (CDs) and individual retirement accounts (IRAs). See if Hancock Whitney Bank is right for you.
Located in the Gulf South Region, Whitney bank has branches in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida. They have a keen focus on helping out small businesses and keeping in touch with their community.
Checking Account Options
Whitney offers a small variety of accounts and are pretty standard as far as checking accounts go. They’re great for anyone who wants extra security or have a small interest flow in.
- Access Checking
- With a low opening deposit of $50 you can get a fully insured checking account with access to online banking. It has a hefty monthly fee of $10. To waive it you have to maintain a monthly balance of $250.
- Connect Checking
- This is account is great for those who want a little more security in their account. It has a $50 opening deposit requirement and a $15 monthly service fee that can be waived with a $1,500 balance in the account. It comes with IDProtect which gives you extra security. This account also comes with a variety of exclusive benefits.
- Priority Checking
- With a $50 opening deposit you can gain access to this interest bearing account. You’ll need at least $7,500 in the account to start earning a .02% APY which goes up depending on the amount of cash in the account. This is a pretty low interest rate compared to the national average, but interest on a checking account is hard to complain about.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Hancock Whitney Bank has a low amount of savings variety. They offer some neat benefits however, and the Priority Money Market account in particular has an impressive rate.
- Silver Savings Account
- This is the standard savings account offered at this bank. With a $100 opening deposit you can open this account. It comes wth a $3 monthly service fee that can be waived if you maintain a $200 balance. If you are looking to accumulate money over time, this probably isn’t the account for you, considering it only offers a .01% interest rate.
- Christmas Club Account
- This is an account that is designated to help people save for the holidays. To open one you must have a checking account and provide a $5 opening deposit. There is no monthly service fee. This account will have a .05% interest rate, and in November the money in this account will automatically be transferred to your checking.
- Priority Money Market
- With an opening deposit of $100, you can gain access to an account that has an interest rate far above the rest of the savings accounts. You must have a checking account to open this. It has a 1.75% interest rate in the first 6 months, but then it drops to .90% afterwards. You can waive the $25 service fee by maintain a $25,000 balance or making 5 transactions using the checking account.
Compare Savings Accounts
With the CIT Bank Savings Builders account:
• Earn a top tier, competitive APY on your money—one of the top savings rates in the nation. Earn up to 1.00% APY on your funds - grow your savings faster.
• Build a habit of savings. Pay yourself first. Start with $100 per month and build your habit of savings-—all while getting a top rate.
• FDIC Insured
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 4.30% APY as of 9/27/23 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB923 by 12/14/2023
• Earn high interest rate of 4.35% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
• See advertiser website for full details
To get your $150 or $200 Bonus: What to do: Apply for your first Discover Online Savings Account, online, in the Discover App or by phone. Enter Offer Code HMB923 when applying. Deposit into your account a total of at least $15,000 to earn a $150 Bonus or deposit a total of at least $25,000 to earn a $200 Bonus. Deposit must be posted to account within 30 days of account open date. Maximum bonus eligibility is $200.
What to know: Offer not valid for existing or prior Discover savings customers or existing or prior customers with savings accounts that are co-branded, or affinity accounts provided by Discover. Eligibility is based on primary account owner. Account must be open when bonus is credited. Bonus will be credited to the account within 60 days of the account qualifying for the bonus. Bonus is interest and subject to reporting on Form 1099-INT. Offer ends 12/14/2023, 11:59 PM ET. Offer may be modified or withdrawn without notice.
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Earn 0.25% APY with the Axos Bank High Yield Money Market
• FDIC Insured
• Check writing privileges
• No monthly maintenance fees
• No minimum balance requirements
• Debit card transactions
• Minimum Balance Required to Open the Account: $ 1000.00
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 4.25% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 4.20% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 1.55% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
Hancock Whitney can have some amazing promotion CD rates going into the higher end of 2%. However, these are only promotional and are not always occurring. The standard CD rates are not very high, and are in fact much lower than other banks. It would be wise to call your local branch and ask if they have any promotion rates going on.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 2.00% APY up to 5.30% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn up to 5.00% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
With the CIT Bank No-Penalty 11-Month CD:
• Earn 4.90% APY on your funds with just a $1,000 minimum deposit.
• The perfect balance between a great fixed rate and flexible money access.
• Access funds, if needed. No penalty.
• No opening or maintenance fees
• Shorter 11-month timeframe and a great APY
• If you need your funds prior to the maturity date, you can withdraw your money — including any interest earned — beginning seven days after the funds have been received. No penalty. No problem. It's the security of a CD with the flexibility to access your funds early if you need them.
Whitney offers CD style IRA accounts. They come with tax advantages of normal CDs, but also with the same withdrawal penalties. The interest rates are the same as their CDs, so unless you can get promotional rates, there is not much interest to be gained
Contact Customer Service
Reach Hancock Whitney Customer Service at 1-800-448-8812. Their hours are as follows:
- Mon-Fri 7:00 AM CT – 7:00 PM CT
- Sat 8:00 AM CT – 2:00 PM CT
To find a branch closes to you, make sure you use their Locator so you can find out when you can get in touch with them.
How Hancock Whitney Compares
- Capital One: You can bank fee-free with online and mobile checking that actually pays you back. Whether you’re looking for one of their 40,000 fee-free ATMs or a Capital One location–chances are they are right nearby.
- US Bank: They have approximately 5,000 ATMs locations throughout 25 states. Enjoy 24/7 customer service and mobile banking.
- Banco Popular:They offer basic checking and savings accounts in the East coast. They had options for students in high school and college.
Choosing a bank that best suits your needs is a crucial decision. You’ll be investing time and money into these institutions and will need to make the right choice and be sure the bank/credit union will offer you what you need. It’s very important to keep in mind the potential fees that may incur and how to avoid them if possible.
If Hancock Whitney Bank has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! or more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!