The Chase Freedom® has just announced its 5% cash back categories for the second quarter of 2014. Between July 1 and September 30, you can earn 5% rewards on up to $1500 spent on gas stations and Kohl’s® .
2014 Chase Freedom Card Review
The Chase Freedom® offers a $100 cash back bonus for new cardholders that spend $500 during the first three months of membership. New members will also get 0% introductory APR on balance transfers and purchases for 15 months. This great cash rewards credit card is designed for those of you who want to earn easy cash back bonuses in return for your spending. Cardholders can get 5% cash back on their purchases on rotating categories every 3 months like gas stations, restaurants, and Amazon.com. For all other purchases, you’ll earn unlimited 1% cash back. Best of all, the card comes with no annual membership fee.
- Earn a $100 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- Earn a $25 Bonus after you add your first authorized user and make a purchase within this same 3-month period
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. After the intro period, a variable APR of 13.99%-22.99%
- 5% Cash Back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases between July 1 and September 30, 2014 at gas stations and Kohl’s®
- You’ll enjoy new 5% categories every 3 months like gas stations, restaurants and Amazon.com. It’s free and easy to activate your bonus each quarter!
- Unlimited 1% Cash Back on all other purchases
- No annual fee and rewards never expire
Cash Back Bonuses
The Chase Freedom is a great card that has a lot of good features. One of the best features of the Chase Freedom Card is the $100 cash back bonus. Once a cardmember spends $500 or more in their first three months as a cardholder, they will receive a $100 bonus. There is also 5% cash back bonus program that allows a cardholder to earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in each bonus category during each three month quarter. It’s absolutely free to activate your bonus each quarter!
Cardholders can also enjoy earning 1% cash back on everything else that they buy. One of the best things about this particular program is that cardholders do not have to worry about limit on what they can earn! There are no limit on how much cash back a cardholder can earn with this bonus program.
2014 Chase Freedom 5% Categories:
(5% cash back, up to $1,500 each quarter) Registration is now available.
- Jan 1 to March 31 – Gas stations, movie theaters, and starbucks.
- April 1 to June 30 – Restaurants and Lowe’s.
- July 1 to Sept 30 – Gas stations and Kohl’s®.
- Oct 1 to Dec 31 – Amazon.com, Zappos.com, and Select department stores.
Online Shopping Cash Back
Perhaps the best benefit of using the Chase Freedom® is that cardholders can earn 10% cash back when they go online and shop at select merchants through Chase. There are many merchants that participate, and this is good news for cardholders because they can save a lot of money buying things that they would have bought eventually, whether or not they had the Chase Freedom Card.
All of the bonus programs are great programs, but there is also an introductory rate. For the first 15 months, you can get 0% APR on all your purchases and balance transfers. After the 15 months are up, cardholder members can enjoy paying a rather low APR, but the amount they will pay depends on a few factors because it is a variable APR.
Sign up now for the Chase Freedom® and receive a $100 cash back bonus for spending $500 or more during the first three months of card membership. This card has no shortage of bonus programs and Chase has made it easy to earn points and get cash back with it. The APR is very fair too, and applying for the card is also very easy to do. There are a lot of great cards out there today, but the Chase Freedom Card is an essential addition to anyone’s wallet.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.