They offer high interest rates that are comparable to other big named banks, so be sure to check out all the products they have.
Whereas, Wells Fargo is another well known bank with more than 5,400 locations offering 13,000 ATMs nationwide.
They offer a variety of checking account like Teen Checking or Opportunity Checking for those who have financial troubles.
Continue reading below to see a side-by-side comparison between Discover and Wells Fargo, so you can see which one offers the services you need the most.
|Locations||Online-only bank||5,400 retail banking branches coast to coast. (Locator)|
|ATMs||Over 60,000 no-fee ATMs||More than 13,000 ATMs across the country.|
-24/7 customer service
– Large ATM network
– Mobile app features
– 24/7 account monitoring
|Cons||-No interest checking
-$2,500 minimum deposit for CDs
|– Make minimal interest
– Pay a fee for overdraft protection
|Bottom Line||Discover Bank offers some of the highest interest rates on the market.||Wells Fargo offer nationwide access to ATMs and branch locations, offering unique features that your bank might not provide.|
Discover Bank Promotions
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB21 by 12/15/2021
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.35% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.30% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 0.80% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 0.80% APY
• Start today with as little as $2,500!
• Step-by-step help available 24/7 by phone
• Flexible options: Roth (pay now, save later) & Traditional IRAs (earn now, pay later)
• Gather your retirement savings into one place.
• Just three steps and you’re on your way to saving with a Discover IRA CD.
Compare to Other Banks
- Wells Fargo vs US Bank
- Wells Fargo vs Bank of America
- Chase vs Wells Fargo
- HSBC Bank vs Wells Fargo
- TD Bank vs Wells Fargo
- Huntington Bank vs Wells Fargo
- SunTrust Bank vs Wells Fargo
- Capital One vs Wells Fargo
- BMO Harris Bank vs Wells Fargo
- Citibank vs Wells Fargo
- Bank of America vs Wells Fargo
Which Bank is Better: Discover or Wells Fargo?
- Discover Bank’s savings and customer service are worth checking out since it offers high-interest rates compared to traditional savings accounts that pay very little interest.
- Wells Fargo offers nationwide access to their accounts, if you’re looking for basic banking features their accounts are to go to.
More on Discover Bank:
More on Wells Fargo:
- Wells Fargo Hours: What Time Does Wells Fargo Close Today?
- Wells Fargo Routing Number
- How To Find and Use Your Wells Fargo Login