In business for more than 160 years, Dollar Bank has grown a large amount, but it still remains an independent bank. This means they do not have any stockholders. Their focus is on their customers and how they can make each and every one of them happy, instead of focusing on the price of their stock.
If you’re interested, continue reading down below to learn all the different benefits and features Dollar Bank has to offer.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 CD Account Options
- 6 Compare CD Accounts
- 7 Reasons To Bank With Dollar Bank
- 8 Reasons Not To Bank With Dollar Bank
- 9 How It Compares
- 10 Dollar Bank Routing Number
- 11 Contact Customer Service
- 12 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Every checking account from Dollar Bank offers online/mobile banking, online pay, alerts, etc. They also offer a ton of aid when customers are switching from another checking account to a Dollar Bank checking account.
This account includes “everything,” such as no annual fee for the overdraft protection and no surcharge for non-Dollar Bank ATM transactions. This account is also interest bearing and will let you earn higher rates on their savings accounts and CDs. You need $50 to open the account. You can waive the monthly service fee by conducting six transactions each month or with a $2,500 average balance.
If you just need the bare minimum in a checking account, this may be perfect for you. The Free Checking account requires no minimum balance or maintenance fees. In exchange, however, you won’t earn any interest rates. You’ll also have access to the large Allpoint or Freedom Alliance ATM network. Dollar Bank won’t charge a surcharge for use of these ATMs, but the host bank might charge a fee.
As the name suggests, this account does not require a minimum balance. $50 is still required to open this account, but if you’re living paycheck to paycheck, this account is great. Unfortunately, because of no minimum balance requirement, a small monthly fee is added.
If you worry about going over your account balance, the No Overdraft Checking account may be for you. Any transactions that exceed your available balance will be declined. This way, you don’t have to worry about overdraft fees. You need $25 to open this account and you don’t have to meet a minimum balance. But you will pay a small monthly service fee.
Compare Checking Accounts
Open your Huntington 25 Checking account today and enjoy:
• $300 bonus by making cumulative new money deposits of at least $25,000 within 60 days of account opening. $500 will be deposited in your new account within 14 days of meeting requirements.
• 24-Hour Grace Overdraft Fee Relief. It is designed to give you more time to make a deposit in order to avoid an Overdraft Fee.
• Earn Interest on Balances. 0.05% Annual Percentage Yield applies to all balance tiers.
• Free ATM Withdrawals. They’ll waive all non-Huntington ATM cash withdrawal fees at any ATM and reimburse you for some withdrawal fees charged by another ATM owner.
• Waived Monthly Maintenance Fee
• Credit score and identity monitoring at no added cost
Savings Account Options
Earn interest with the Dollar Banks Savings accounts. A wide range of different accounts are offered, so hopefully there’s one that suits your needs.
The Everything Savings account linked with the Everything Checking account will earn you relationship rates on your savings. You don’t have to keep a minimum balance and there is no monthly service fee.
If you can maintain an average balance of $20,000, you become eligible to earn higher interest rates with this savings account. When you link it to your Everything Checking account, you’ll earn even higher rates. If your balance dips below $20,000, though, you’ll pay a hefty monthly fee.
You can open this savings account with $25. You’ll keep track of your account balances with your physical passbook, which you must bring with you when you go to the bank. There is no monthly minimum balance requirement or service fee for this account.
This account can be opened with a $50 opening deposit. However, if you want to earn interest, a balance of $250 must be maintained. You can conduct up to 6 withdrawals per month before you incur the excessive withdrawal fee. This account doesn’t have a minimum balance or monthly service fee.
You can open this savings account with $50, but you’ll need to reach $250 before you’ll earn interest. There is no monthly service fee, but you will pay for paper statements. Online statements are free, but the fee can be waived with an average balance of $2,500.
Earn higher interest rates with this savings account if you have the $5,000 minimum opening deposit available. You only get one withdrawal per month, though. A hefty monthly fee will be charged if a minimum balance of $20,000 is not reached.
Compare Savings Accounts
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.40% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
With the CIT Bank Savings Builders account:
• Earn a top tier, competitive APY on your money—one of the top savings rates in the nation. Earn 0.40% APY on your funds - grow your savings faster.
• Build a habit of savings. Pay yourself first. Start with $100 per month and build your habit of savings-—all while getting a top rate.
• FDIC Insured
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB21 by 12/15/2021
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
CD Account Options
If you’re looking for a long term savings account, Dollar Bank has a large variety of CD options. Keep in mind that a majority of their CD accounts require a $2,500 opening deposit and will only allow you to withdraw the interest on the interest disbursement date or within the 7 day grace period after that date.
With the option to choose from terms between 6 months and 120 months, tt also offers tiered interest rates for balances of $10,000 and $25,000. You have a one time option of “bumping up” (more information later) your CD during it’s duration.
Switch up your investments using multiple CDs with varying maturity dates. This way, you have access to some of your funds every 6 to 12 months. You protect yourself against the risk of falling interest rates by tying up some of your money in longer-term CDs.
This rates allows the client to earn a higher rate every 90 days up to 12 months. You have the option of withdrawing every 90 days, or maintain your balance and roll them over for higher interest rates.
With the Everything Checking Account, you have the option to earn higher rates with this CD. You can choose to have your interest deposited into your checking account or keep adding it to your CD’s principal to compound the interest.
This CD allows you to bump up your rate if rates are ever to increase during your CD duration. Never miss out on increasing CD rates.
If you can hold your money for just three short months, you will have be able to earn high interest rates. You can withdraw the funds penalty-free after the first seven days of opening the account.
This is the only Dollar Bank CD that allows a minimum opening deposit lower than $2,500. A deposit of $500 is required.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 0.80% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
With the CIT Bank No-Penalty 11-Month CD:
• Earn 0.30% APY on your funds with just a $1,000 minimum deposit.
• The perfect balance between a great fixed rate and flexible money access.
• Access funds, if needed. No penalty.
• No opening or maintenance fees
• Shorter 11-month timeframe and a great APY
• If you need your funds prior to the maturity date, you can withdraw your money — including any interest earned — beginning seven days after the funds have been received. No penalty. No problem. It's the security of a CD with the flexibility to access your funds early if you need them.
Reasons To Bank With Dollar Bank
- Gain access to over 55,000 Dollar Bank ATMs. Super convenient and it makes it easier to avoid third-party ATM fees.
- Although a fairly common feature with banks nowadays, have access to your bank account 24/7 thanks to online/mobile banking.
- Dollar Bank allows you to customize alerts. Set some in regards to a monthly bill payment, or if your account balance ever gets below a certain amount.
- Keep track of your spending with the Online Banking Expense Tracker. This makes it a lot easier to track and control your spending.
- They offer educational seminars for all ages to help teach about financing.
- Set up automatic savings account deposits to help maintain a steady growth in wealth.
Reasons Not To Bank With Dollar Bank
- Dollar Bank is only located in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. If you don’t live in one of those three states, you won’t be able to bank here.
- Only one checking account, Everything Checking, earns interest rates.
- They charge quite a large amount of fees, some that other banks never charge.
How It Compares
- PNC: An East Coast bank that focuses heavily on budgeting, savings, and educating college students about financing. PNC offers a large variety of budgeting tools and access to what they call a “Virtual Wallet,” which is an all-in-one checking, savings, and money market account.
- KeyBank: With multiple locations across 15 states, this bank will give you a little more access than Dollar Bank. Services similar to Dollar Bank are offered, but KeyBank tends to offer easier access to their relationship banking interest rates.
- Citizens Bank: If you are in the market for specialized accounts, such as a college savings account or money market accounts with high interest rates, Citizens Bank may be a good option. They currently have branches in 11 states, mostly on the East Coast, and tend to reward customers with large balances in their checking and/or savings accounts.
Dollar Bank Routing Number
The main routing number is 243074385. To find find this routing number, you can simply check the bottom left corner of your checks – check to see if this number differs.
Contact Customer Service
Reach Dollar Bank Customer Service at 1 (800) 828-5527.
In addition, you’re able to fill out an online Customer Service Request, but a response can to take between one and two business days.
If you live near a physical branch or by any of their ATM locations, Dollar Bank may be the bank for you. Indulge in their wide variety of accounts, where one is hopefully perfect for you.
Just be sure to keep an eye out on fees, they have plenty of them, but they can all be avoided.