Available nationwide, Fitness Bank Savings is offering an astounding 4.35% APY Rate when you meet the steps requirement. Continue reading below to learn everything you need to know about Fitness Bank.
About Fitness Bank Savings
Fitness Bank is a new and unique online bank. The unique aspect of this savings account is that it has activity requirements to qualify for the rate. Unlike typical account requirements, these activity requirements are physical steps that are counted each day.
Being an online account, they can offer one of the highest rates out there!
|Step Requirement||APY Rate|
|12,500 steps or more||4.35% APY|
|10,000-12,499 steps||2.00% APY|
|7,500-9,999 steps||1.00% APY|
|5,000-7,499 steps||0.75% APY|
|0-4,999 steps||0.50% APY|
Fitness Bank Savings Rate
To earn high interest rates, customers will have to download the bank’s Step Tracker app that will track your physical steps that you take when you walk or run. The bank will calculate your average daily step count from the previous month to decide if the count is high enough to qualify for different levels of interest rates.
- Account Type: Savings Account
- Interest Rate: Up to 4.35% APY
- Availability: Nationwide
- Minimum Balance: $100
- Maximum Balance: $250,000
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- Opening Deposit: $100
- Credit Card Funding: Up to $2,500 with a credit card
- Monthly Fee: $10 maintenance fee, waived with $100 minimum average daily balance
- Early Termination Fee: None listed, check with CSR
Editor’s Note: You can earn 4.60% APY by opening a Savings & a checking account. To receive this rate you need to be opted in for online banking and download the step tracker (this can be linked to Apple Health, Google Fit, Fitbit and Garmin).
Fitness Bank ACH Capabilities & Limits
|ACH Type||Speed||Daily $ Limit||Monthly $ Limit||Notes|
- Outgoing and incoming ACH transfer limits may be increased up to $15k by request
- No size limit on ACH transfers when initiated by another bank
- Free incoming wire transfers, and if the incoming wire is above $15k, FitnessBank will reimburse that fee charged by your other bank.
How to Earn Fitness Bank Rate
- Open a Savings Account from Fitness Bank online!
- Input your information:
- Personal info
- Social Security number
- Driver license
- Fund the account with a minimum of $100 to get started
- Meet step requirement to earn the competitive APY rate.
Why You Should Sign Up For This Account
- Free online banking
- Free external account transfers. Incoming Wire Fee waived by FitnessBank
- Interest is compounded daily, and credited monthly
- Fitness incentive/motivation to exercise
- Online banking to efficiently make transfers and payments
- FDIC insures your funds so you can have peace of mind
Check out Fitness Bank and open a Savings account with this astonishing rate! I’d say this account is only worth considering if you average more than 12,500 steps a day. However, this is also a good motivator for people that want to improve their exercise or fitness lifestyle.
Interested in Bank Bonuses? See our favorite banks including HSBC Bank, Chase Bank, Huntington Bank, Discover Bank, TD Bank, or CIT Bank.
If you don’t meet the step requirements you’d be better off with a different savings account. For more bank offers, see our complete list of Best Bank Rates!
Check back often to see the latest info on Fitness Bank Savings Account.
I opened this account recently using a credit card, limit is actually $100 and NO AMEX allowed. Process:
1. Fill out forms to create savings account (Soft pull for security questions)
2. Wait for account approval (within 48 business hours), you will receive a welcome message by an employee and also automatic messages with account number
3. Fill out forms to create online banking account
4. Wait another time for online access approval (within 48 business hours)
5. After approval an employee will contact you letting you know it was approved but you have to wait for the system to process the approval
6. Wait for online account to be available (next business day)
So overall, it can take you about 3 days to a week to have everything in place. They will honor you the highest interest rate for the first month. After that you should already have the device/app linked to the account in order to keep track of your steps. Also they have a maximum limit of $2,500 when transferring in or out using their system.
They do allow you to transfer a lot more than $2,500 into your account don’t they? or do they have a limit on how much they will allow for their high interest rate?
Cheryl Steuck says
Hi my name is Cheryl I am interested in opening a fitness bank account and don’t know if I should or how to go about it . Could someone help me
Is there any way a UK citizen living I the UK can bank with your bank?