Anyone in the US can sign up for a Marcus by Goldman Sachs High Yield Online Savings account and enjoy a high interest rate of 0.50% APY.
Continue reading below to learn everything you need to know about Marcus by Goldman Sachs.
Table of Contents
About Marcus by Goldman Sachs High Yield Savings
In December 2017, Goldman Sachs Bank USA re-branded to Marcus by Goldman Sachs. They are owned by the Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., which was established in 1869 and is headquartered in New York.
With such great saving rates you can earn big! This company is exclusively for their online lending business and now offer new and improved mobile experience with the new brand.
I’ll review Marcus by Goldman Sachs High Yield Online Savings below.
Marcus by Goldman Sachs Savings 0.50% Rate
To earn Marcus by Goldman Sachs competitive rate, simply complete all the requirements. That’s all it takes and you’ll get to enjoy earning the 0.50% rate on all balances.
- Account Type: High Yield Online Savings Account
- Rate: 0.50% APY
- Minimum Balance: $1
- Maximum Balance: $1,000,000
- Availability: Nationwide (Bank Locator)
- Credit Inquiry: Hard pull/Soft pull? Let us know.
- Opening Deposit: No minimum opening deposit
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown. Let us know.
- Monthly Fee: None
- Early Termination Fee: None listed
American Express® High Yield Savings Account - You earn 0.40% interest rate along with no minimum deposits or monthly fees. Amex High Yield Savings account has been my favorite Hub account for the past 7 years. Using this account to Pull/Push your money is absolutely necessary when you have many accounts. Here's why:
*No dollar limitations for ACH transfers - When you find a top bank rate account, you don't want to be limited to just $5K or $10K transfers. Amex Savings will let you transfers as much as you want whether you are pulling or pushing money from and to an external bank account.
*1 to 2 business days ACH transfers speed - With top-notch user interface, you get your money to another external account or pull money from another bank account within a day or two.
*No loss of interest during transfers - On the day you initiate your transaction on the high yield savings account website, the funds will be reflected in your Current Balance and begin earning interest.
Some other features from American Express High Yield Savings Account include Free Wire Transfers, 3 maximum linked accounts, and maximum 6 ACH withdrawals per month.
Savings account offers are frequently updated. Find the best nationwide Savings/Money Market rates here, and the best Savings account bonuses here. The Axos Bank and CIT Bank accounts offer great rates available nationwide which I recommend.
|Aspiration||1.00% APY + $100 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank High Yield Savings||Up to 0.61% APY + $100 Cash||Review|
|CIT Bank Money Market||0.45% APY||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.40% APY||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||0.40% APY||Review|
Marcus by Goldman Sachs ACH Capabilities & Limits
|ACH Type||Speed||Daily $ Limit||Monthly $ Limit||Notes|
|Push||1-3 Business Days||$125K||$125K|
|Pull||3 Business Days||No limit||No limit|
Editor’s Note: Help us with the table above in the comment section if you have experience with ACH capabilities.
How to Receive Marcus by Goldman Sachs Bank Rates
- Open an High Yield Online Savings Account
- Then on the offer page click “Open account” then fill in the required steps.
- You must be at least 18 years old, have a social security number, a legal US address, and a personal checking account in a US bank.
- Fund the account within 60 days – Make deposits or transfer funds electronically from an internal account here or an external account at another bank.
|Balance Requirement||APY Rate|
|$1 – $1,000,000||0.50% APY|
Why You Should Sign Up For This Account
- No minimum deposit to open (Minimum $1 to earn stated Annual Percentage Yield)
- No transaction fees
- Customer deposit limits apply
- Multiple ways to access your money
- Interest compounded daily, paid monthly
- Rate is variable and may change after the Account is opened
- Six withdrawal limit per statement cycle
- FDIC insurance up to the maximum allowed by law
Check out Marcus by Goldman Sachs Bank and open a High Yield Online Savings account with an amazing rate! The fact that you can earn a high rate on any balance makes this Savings Account all worthwhile. Let us know about your experience with this bank and comment below.
For more bank offers, see the complete list of Best Bank Rates!
Check back often to see the latest info on Marcus by Goldman Sachs High Yield Online Savings Account.