Available to residents nationwide, Synchrony Bank High Yield Savings Account is offering an attractive 4.00% APY with no minimum requirement and no monthly fees!
About Synchrony Bank High Yield Savings
Being a prominent online bank, Synchrony Bank offers a vast array of products and services to serve all your banking0 needs. In addition, Synchrony Bank has close to $38 billion in assets with depository products such as CDs, high yield savings accounts, money market accounts, and IRA CDs.
With a suite of competitive online services and features, you are able to get the most out of your personal finances. Additionally, your account is ensured up to $250,000 of FDIC insurance per depositor, per insured bank, for each ownership category.
I’ll review Synchrony Bank High Yield Savings below.
|Balance Requirement||APY Rate|
Synchrony Bank High Yield Savings Rate
Take advantage of the competitive rate from Synchrony Bank when you sign up for a new High Yield Savings Account. An optional ATM card and can be used at ATMs and for making purchases with a PIN.
- Account Type: High Yield Savings Account
- Interest Rate: 4.00% APY
- Availability: Nationwide
- Minimum Balance: None
- Maximum Balance: None
- Credit Inquiry: Soft pull
- Opening Deposit: Any amount
- Monthly Fee: No monthly service fees
- Early Termination Fee: None listed, check with CSR
ACH Capabilities & Limits
|ACH Type||Speed||Daily $ Limit||Monthly $ Limit||Notes|
You can link up to 5 external accounts
Synchrony Bank offers an ACH bank-to-bank transfer service that allows customers to link up to five accounts at other banks.
Up to 6 free withdrawals or transfers per statement cycle.
How to Earn Synchrony Bank Rate
- Open a High Yield Savings account from Synchrony Bank.
- Maintain any balance amount and earn the 4.00% APY rate.
Why You Should Apply to Synchrony Bank
- Excellent APY Rate: Synchrony Bank’s high-yield savings account offers one of the best online savings account rates with their competitive rate for all balances. This high interest rate is compounded daily and beats out even the best-known online savings accounts out there!
- No Monthly Fee: No minimum balance or monthly service fee to worry about
- ATM Reimbursement: Not a lot, but the bank offers up to $5 in ATM fee reimbursements per statement cycle.
- Free Identity Theft Resolution Services: You do most of your banking over the internet with the Optimizer Plus High Yield Savings. At no cost to you, Synchrony Bank offers full protection against identity theft for your peace of mind.
- Easy Account Management: Operate mainly as an online bank, you get quick access to your cash online, over the phone, or with an optional ATM card. You can link your Synchrony account with outside accounts so that you can easily transfer money between these accounts.
Definitely take a look at Synchrony Bank’s High Yield Savings Account for this attractive rate! The fact remains that Synchrony Bank is an industry financial institution on the digital frontier while offering fantastic promotions and services.
Interested in Bank Bonuses? See our favorite banks including HSBC Bank, Chase Bank, Huntington Bank, Discover Bank, TD Bank, or CIT Bank.
For more bank offers, see the complete list of Best Bank Rates!
Check back often to see the latest info on Synchrony Bank’s High Yield Savings Account.
I’ve had synchrony high yield savings for a few years now. I researched banks but I ended up with them because of their ATM card. No other bank I saw offered this. So the flexibility is what brought me to them. The APY has been great, I have averaged over $500/year in interest. Something you will NEVER get at the brick and mortar stores because the APY is abysmal. At least with this bank your money is working for you, yeah barely with inflation, but hey, it’s light-years better than what you’d get with anything else. The ATM card is the icing on the cake. You can wire money, or if in a pinch, withdraw money at the ATM. That is what an emergency fund is supposed to do, give you quick access without having to wait 3 days for the money.
I love this saving account. You can’t beat that there are NO FEE”S NO MIN and such a rate. I have set up a direct deposit from my job and don’t even thing about it until I set my statement and see that my money has grown. I had no issues setting up the account. I get a debt card in case I want to make a withdraw. But I don’t. This account is for us little people that are able to put a few dollars away every week. It’s about time a bank helps out us little people grow and not for the rich. If you can sock away even $10 bucks a week, you’ll see your money grow. It’s a guaranty win. This is just my two cents, and with synchrony my next statement it will be three cents ..LOL You have nothing to lose an so much to gain.
DEBORA M ADAMS says
How long did it take fo them to ok your account after applying on line . They were going to do 2 small deposits to my checking account that I need to verify. That was Satury that I did th account.
There’s no requires minimum balance for a fee waiver, I believe.
No monthly fee. I don’t see anything mentioned about maintaining a $30 balance to avoid the fee.
jennifer morgan says
Seriously, worst experience ever trying to open an account with them. After they returned my check, it took four phone calls to get someone who understood what was going on — and the customer service associate hung up on me when I asked too many questions that she wasn’t sure how to answer (ie. If I want to cash out my CD at the end of the term, what is the period of time prior to expiration I need to notify?). I give up. I will have to take a lower rate of return at a bank with whom I can communicate. Zero for five cannot statistically be merely bad luck.
I have been with synchrony for several months now and really like the higher than average interest rates. i will be moving from syncrony though because I am committed to having mint.com act as a dashboard for all my accounts and synchrony has removed the ability to aggregate my account on the mint.com site.
Nome Smith says
That is not smart, mint is awful. You will find out. I have had so many issues with mint.com, I am leaving them. Why give up money for a failing aggregator?