Available nationwide, Barclays is offering a high rate of 4.35% APY to all balances when you open an Online Savings account. The competitive rate has an opening deposit of only $1 and there are no monthly fees or minimum balance requirements.
About Barclays Savings
Established since 1690 by John Freame and Thomas Gould(James Barclay joining the business in 1736) in London, England, Barclays has been at the forefront of new ideas and a major global financial services company. Barclays offers retail banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, and wealth management.
Barclays Online Banking gives customers an easy-to-use and safe way to do their banking. The Barclays Online Savings account earns a competitive rate with no minimum deposit and there are no monthly fees. There is also online access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
|Balance Requirement||APY Rate|
Barclays Online Savings Rate
- Account Type: Barclays Savings account
- Interest Rate: 4.35% APY
- Minimum Balance: $0.01
- Maximum Balance: None
- Availability: Nationwide
- Credit Inquiry: Unknown
- Opening Deposit: None
- Monthly Fee: None
- Early Termination Fee: None
Barclays ACH Capabilities & Limits
|ACH Type||Speed||Daily $ Limit||Monthly $ Limit||Notes|
|Push||?||$250,000||?||up to 3 external linked accounts|
|Pull||?||$250,000||?||up to 3 external linked accounts|
Federal law says that customers can only make up to six free transfers or withdrawals per statement cycle. For any transactions over this amount, Barclays charges a $5 fee.
ACH transfers are limited to $250,000 per transaction. If you want to transfer a larger amount, they can process the transfer if you call. Help us with the table above in the comment section if you have experience with ACH capabilities.
How To Earn Barclays Rate
- Open a Barclays Savings account
- Input your info – Provide your name, address, phone, email and social security number or Tax ID.
- Fund the account – Transfer funds electronically from an internal account here or an external account at another bank.
- Earn 4.35% APY for your balances.
Why You Should Sign Up For This Account
- No monthly maintenance fee or monthly requirements to waive service fees
- No minimum balance requirement to open an account, unlike most banks, however for interest to post to your account you must maintain a minimum balance that would earn you at least $0.01
- Secure, 24/7 online access to your funds
- Use their online Savings Assistant tools to achieve your financial goals and calculate how much you’ll need to contribute monthly
- Money inside your Barclays savings account is safe and insured by the FDIC
For those of you looking for a savings account with a high APY rate, look no further as Barclays’ Savings Account offers a competitive rate. You’ll start accruing interest at a high rate as soon as they post to your account.
Let us know about your experience with this bank and comment below.
For more bank offers, see the complete list of Best Bank Rates!
*Check back often to see the latest Barclays Online Savings Rate!