Available nationwide, Barclays is offering a rate of 0.80% APY when you open an Online Savings Account. To earn this generous rate, just maintain the opening deposit to meet the monthly balance requirement and you can earn the high rate that apply to all balances.
Table of Contents
With over 300 years of operation working, Barclays clients are able to take advantage of the best the bank has to offer. Driven by strong values and having an ultimate goal of earning the best rates, you are able to achieve your financial ambitions in the right way. Additionally, being an online only bank, you are able to open an account anytime, anywhere!
I’ll review Barclays Online Savings below.
Barclays Online Savings 0.80% Rate
To take advantage of the current promotional rate, make a minimum balance of $1 to earn the current 0.80% APY Rate!
- Account Type: Online Savings Account
- Interest Rate: 0.80% APY
- Minimum Balance: $1
- Maximum Balance: None
- Availability: Nationwide
- Credit Inquiry: Hard pull or soft pull? Let us know
- Opening Deposit: None
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown, let us know
- Monthly Fee: None
- Early Termination Fee: None
- Insured: FDIC
(Visit Barclays for more details)
American Express® High Yield Savings Account - You earn 0.60% interest rate along with no minimum deposits or monthly fees. Amex High Yield Savings account has been my favorite Hub account for the past 5 years. Using this account to Pull/Push your money is absolutely necessary when you have many accounts. Here's why:
*No dollar limitations for ACH transfers - When you find a top bank rate account, you don't want to be limited to just $5K or $10K transfers. Amex Savings will let you transfers as much as you want whether you are pulling or pushing money from and to an external bank account.
*1 to 2 business days ACH transfers speed - With top-notch user interface, you get your money to another external account or pull money from another bank account within a day or two.
*No loss of interest during transfers - On the day you initiate your transaction on the high yield savings account website, the funds will be reflected in your Current Balance and begin earning interest.
Some other features from American Express High Yield Savings Account include Free Wire Transfers, 3 maximum linked accounts, and maximum 6 ACH withdrawals per month.
Savings account offers are frequently updated. Find the best nationwide Savings/Money Market rates here, and the best Savings account bonuses here. The Axos Bank and CIT Bank accounts offer great rates available nationwide which I recommend.
|Chase SavingsSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Axos My Savings Builder||Up to 0.70% APY||Review|
|Axos Bank High Yield Savings||0.61% APY||Review|
|Axos Bank High Yield Money Market||0.60% APY||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.60% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Money Market||0.55% APY||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||0.55% APY||Review|
Barclays ACH Capabilities & Limits
|ACH Type||Speed||Daily $ Limit||Monthly $ Limit||Notes|
|Push||?||?||?||up to 3 external linked accounts|
|Pull||?||?||?||up to 3 external linked accounts|
Editor’s Note: ACH transfers are limited to $250,000 per transaction. If you want to transfer a larger amount, they can process the transfer if you call. Help us with the table above in the comment section if you have experience with ACH capabilities.
How To Earn Barclays Rate
- Open an Online Savings account from Barclays.
- Input your info – Provide your name, address, phone, email and social security number or Tax ID.
- Fund the account – Transfer funds electronically from an internal account here or an external account at another bank.
- Earn 0.80% APY for your balances.
Why You Should Sign Up For This Account
- No monthly maintenance fee or monthly requirements to waive service fees
- No minimum balance requirement to open an account, unlike most banks, however for interest to post to your account you must maintain a minimum balance that would earn you at least $0.01
- Secure, 24/7 online access to your funds
- Use their online Savings Assistant tools to achieve your financial goals and calculate how much you’ll need to contribute monthly
- Money inside your Barclays savings account is safe and insured by the FDIC
For those of you looking for a savings account with a high APY rate, look no further as Barclays’ Savings Account offers a 0.80% APY Rate. You’ll start accruing interest at a high rate as soon as they post to your account.
Let us know about your experience with this bank and comment below.
For more bank offers, see the complete list of Best Bank Rates!
*Check back often to see the latest Barclays Online Savings Rate!