BankPlus has a plethora of different and unique account options. To find out if BankPlus is right for you, continue reading the review below.
BankPlus has partnered with BaZing to create three different kinds of checking accounts for both the average spender and students!
Each account has exclusive perks that will make banking with BankPlus more convenient and enjoyable.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with BankPlus
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with BankPlus
- 11 BankPlus Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How BankPlus Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
BankPlus has a grand variety of checking accounts that all vary in opening deposits and balance requirements.
Three of their checking accounts (ValuePlus) are powered by BaZing, which provides extra features than a standard checking account wouldn’t usually have.
You can open this checking account with $100, but there is an unavoidable monthly fee of $6.
This account does, however, come with special benefits such as discounts on dining and travel, cell phone protection, roadside assistance and ID Theft Aid.
An interest bearing checking account that earns competitive rates so you will need a large opening deposit of at least $1,500.
There is an $8 monthly fee, but maintaining $1,500 as a daily balance will waive it.
This account comes with all the BaZing benefits.
An youth checking account available to any student. You need at least $50 to open it.
There is also a small monthly fee of $6 that doesn’t seem to be avoidable.
For students, you will also be eligible for automatic rebates at any BankPlus ATM if you happen to have surcharges.
This is an online checking account that can be opened with $100.
There are no monthly fees if you sign up for eStatements, otherwise you will have to pay $5.
The regular student checking account that doesn’t come with BaZing benefits. You will need at least $50 to open it.
After account opening, there are no monthly fees to worry about!
Another competitive interest earning account that will need at least $500 to open.
There are no monthly fees, but you have to maintain a daily balance of $1,000 in order to start earning interest.
A high interest bearing account that requires a really large opening deposit of $10,000. This is ideal for high spenders who often have high balances.
If you manage to maintain a daily balance of $10,000, you can waive the $20 monthly fee.
Compare Checking Accounts
• New Chase checking customers enjoy a $200 bonus when you open a Chase Total Checking® account and set up direct deposit
• Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and more than 4,700 branches
• Chase Mobile® app - Manage your accounts, deposit checks, transfer money and more -- all from your device.
• Open your account online now
• Available online nationwide except in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. For branch locations, visit locator.chase.com.
• Chase Overdraft AssistSM: $0 overdraft fee when you overdraw your account $50 or less*
*We won't charge an overdraft fee if you are overdrawn $50 or less at the end of the business day. Chase may pay, for a $34 fee, overdraft transactions at our discretion based on your account history, deposits and transaction amount. If you've enrolled in Debit Card Coverage, everyday debit card purchases like groceries, may be approved at our discretion when you don't have enough money in your account.
Open your Huntington 25 Checking account today and enjoy:
• $300 bonus by making cumulative new money deposits of at least $25,000 within 60 days of account opening. $300 will be deposited in your new account within 14 days of meeting requirements.
• 24-Hour Grace Overdraft Fee Relief. It is designed to give you more time to make a deposit in order to avoid an Overdraft Fee.
• Earn Interest on Balances.
• Free ATM Withdrawals. They’ll waive all non-Huntington ATM cash withdrawal fees at any ATM and reimburse you for some withdrawal fees charged by another ATM owner.
• Waived Monthly Maintenance Fee
• Credit score and identity monitoring at no added cost
Savings Account Options
BankPlus has two savings accounts and they are pretty standard, but they also earn pretty high interest rates with options for tiers.
You can open this standard savings account with $100.
Keeping a daily balance of $100 will also waive the $5 monthly fee.
A holiday savings account for when you want to set money aside for special occasions and holiday expenses. You can open this account with just $5.
According to BankPlus’s site, they don’t seem to have any minimum balance requirements, but you should call them just to make sure.
Compare Savings Accounts
With the CIT Bank Savings Builders account:
• Earn a top tier, competitive APY on your money—one of the top savings rates in the nation. Earn up to 0.55% APY on your funds - grow your savings faster.
• Build a habit of savings. Pay yourself first. Start with $100 per month and build your habit of savings-—all while getting a top rate.
• FDIC Insured
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.60% APY as of 4/28/22 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB222 by 06/15/2022
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.60% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
BankPlus has one money market that earns competitive, tiered interest rates.
Personal Money Market
- Open this account with $1,000
- There is an $8 monthly fee unless you maintain a daily balance of $1,000
- You will receive monthly statements
- Might have to call BankPlus if you want to find out additional information
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Earn 0.25% APY with the Axos Bank High Yield Money Market
• FDIC Insured
• Check writing privileges
• No monthly maintenance fees
• No minimum balance requirements
• Debit card transactions
• Minimum Balance Required to Open the Account: $ 1000.00
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.55% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.50% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.70% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
BankPlus offers CDs that earn competitive interest rates. You can open each CD with $1,000.
The CD terms range from 7 days to 5 years.
To find out more information, you can call BankPlus or click here.
The CDs will also automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 2.15% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
With the CIT Bank No-Penalty 11-Month CD:
• Earn 0.30% APY on your funds with just a $1,000 minimum deposit.
• The perfect balance between a great fixed rate and flexible money access.
• Access funds, if needed. No penalty.
• No opening or maintenance fees
• Shorter 11-month timeframe and a great APY
• If you need your funds prior to the maturity date, you can withdraw your money — including any interest earned — beginning seven days after the funds have been received. No penalty. No problem. It's the security of a CD with the flexibility to access your funds early if you need them.
Reasons to Bank with BankPlus
- They have a wide variety of checking accounts that all earn competitive interest rates.
- Since three of their checking accounts are partnered with BaZing, ValuePlus accounts get access to extra benefits.
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- They have two kinds of student checking accounts available that come with different benefits.
- Offers a holiday savings account specifically during Christmastime with low balance requirements.
- Has a 24-hour banking service line.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the BankPlus mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with BankPlus
- They are only located in Mississippi with 58 branches in total.
- Their ValuePlus checking accounts don’t earn any interest (most likely to compensate for all the additional perks offered).
- Lack of variety in savings accounts.
- Could offer a second chance opportunity account.
- Lacking a senior or health, etc. checking and savings account.
- Doesn’t offer relationship accounts.
BankPlus Routing Number
The routing number for BankPlus varies based on regions or locations. To find your routing number, check the lower left hand corner of your BankPlus check.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach BankPlus at 601-664-7587.
Their business hours are based on locations so you can also check their website for when they are open.
They also have a 24-hour automated banking service line that you can call at 601-420-7587.
How BankPlus Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you happen to live in Mississippi and are constantly looking for more than just one personal checking account, then BankPlus will help you find the right one for you.
Being sponsored by BaZing allows customers to enjoy an array of benefits especially when traveling!
They even have two different kinds of student checking accounts, but the ValuePlus Student checking can rebate your surcharges.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If BankPlus has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!