Learn about Pelican State Credit Union Kasasa Saver account here.
Available in select states, Pelican State Credit Union is offering a staggering 0.75% APY with a maximum balance of $50,000 on their Kasasa Saver Account.
Table of Contents
About Pelican State Credit Union Kasasa Saver
For over 60 years, Pelican State Credit Union has been providing financial services to individuals 5and their families throughout the state of Louisiana. Since opening our doors in 1956, we seek to embody our mission statement each and every day, providing innovative products and services with a continued, dedicated focus on member loyalty.
Despite an increase in size and service area, they still base our success on personal attention. Rest assured, our members’ best interests are always at heart. They remain entirely committed to building stronger Louisiana communities, member by member — so you can attain the knowledge and resources you need to enhance your financial future.
|Eligibility: Membership in Pelican State Credit Union to those who live, work, or attend school in the Rapids or St. Landry Parish counties. Immediate family members of anyone who qualifies for membership are welcome to apply. For more information, be sure to check out their Membership Requirements.|
Continue on to learn more about the Pelican State Credit Union Rewards Checking Account below.
Pelican State CU Rewards Checking Rate
Residents nationwide can earn the industry leading rate on balances up to $50,000. With no minimum deposit, you will be able to enjoy the rate to its full potential!
- What you’ll get: 0.75% APY up to $50,000
- Eligible Accounts: Kasasa Saver Account
- Credit Inquiry: Unknown
- Where it’s available: AR, LA, MS, TX
- Opening Deposit: No minimum
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown
- Monthly fee: None
American Express® High Yield Savings Account - You earn 0.40% interest rate along with no minimum deposits or monthly fees. Amex High Yield Savings account has been my favorite Hub account for the past 7 years. Using this account to Pull/Push your money is absolutely necessary when you have many accounts. Here's why:
*No dollar limitations for ACH transfers - When you find a top bank rate account, you don't want to be limited to just $5K or $10K transfers. Amex Savings will let you transfers as much as you want whether you are pulling or pushing money from and to an external bank account.
*1 to 2 business days ACH transfers speed - With top-notch user interface, you get your money to another external account or pull money from another bank account within a day or two.
*No loss of interest during transfers - On the day you initiate your transaction on the high yield savings account website, the funds will be reflected in your Current Balance and begin earning interest.
Some other features from American Express High Yield Savings Account include Free Wire Transfers, 3 maximum linked accounts, and maximum 6 ACH withdrawals per month.
Savings account offers are frequently updated. Find the best nationwide Savings/Money Market rates here, and the best Savings account bonuses here. The Axos Bank and CIT Bank accounts offer great rates available nationwide which I recommend.
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Bonus + 0.40% APY||Review|
|Aspiration||$150 Bonus + 1.00% APY||Review|
|Axos Business Savings||$100 Bonus + 0.20% APY||Review|
|Axos Bank High Yield Savings||Up to 0.61% APY||Review|
|Quontic Bank High Yield Savings||0.55% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Money Market||0.45% APY||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.40% APY||Review|
How To Earn Up to 0.75% APY Rate
- Pelican State Credit Union offers the Kasasa cash checking account. This account offers 0.75% APY on balances up to $50,000 when the following requirements are met:
|Balance Requirement||APY Rate|
|If qualifications are not met||0.05% APY|
- Unlimited reimbursement for any and all ATM fees
- Online Banking and Bill Pay
- Mobile Banking
- Never a minimum balance
- No monthly maintenance fees, for anything
- Visa Debit Card with Chip Technology
- Write unlimited checks
Alternative Rewards Accounts To Consider
Earn up to 1.00% APY with the Axos Bank Rewards Checking account while enjoying a suite of digital tools for smarter money management. This is banking, redefined.
• Never pay monthly maintenance fees again
• No Need to Keep a Minimum Balance to Avoid Fees
• No Overdraft or Non-Sufficient Fund Fees
• Make Unlimited Withdrawals From Any Domestic ATM for Free
With the Discover Cashback Debit Account:
• Earn 1% cash back on up to $3,000 in debit card purchases each month, which lets you earn up to a total of $360 Debit Card Cashback Bonus per year.
• Anyone can open a Discover Cashback Debit account online
• No monthly fees or monthly balance requirements
• With over 60,000 no-fee ATMs in the U.S., Discover is always nearby.
• Move money easily and securely with just a few clicks or taps (transfers to existing discover accounts are immediate)!
• Manage your account and avoid late fees by paying bills online.
• Deposit checks on the go with your phone or automatically with direct deposit.
All in all, the current tiered rates from Pelican State Credit Union is fantastic if you are able to meet the requirements. Although the maximum balance deposit has lowered to $50,000, the high rates are worth taking a second look at.
Lastly, let us know about your experience with this bank and comment below.
Furthermore, for more bank offers, see the complete list of Best Rewards Checking!
Check back often to see the latest info on Pelican State Credit Union’s Kasasa Saver Account.