There are so many things to consider when opening a Chase bank account. What kind of account to open, what documents you need, and the actual account opening process.
This can all be a little overwhelming especially if it’s your first Chase bank account. For anyone that is new to banking, they might want to gain a few insights when they are opening an account.
So What Do You Need to Open a Chase Bank Account?
Opening an account is faster and easier then you may think. Below is a quick guide to help you through the account opening process at Chase Bank. Chase offers many great banking options and even a few Chase Checking bonuses to kick start your banking experience.
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SavingsSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$2,000 Cash||Review|
|You InvestSM by J.P. Morgan||$725 Cash||Review|
Table of Contents
What You Need
To open any type of bank account you typically need a few documents to verify your identification and an initial deposit.
Based on the account you are opening, the initial deposit may vary so be sure to check with Chase! You’ll typically need the following:
- Official Identification (Driver’s license passport, etc.)
- Proof of Residency (Mail with your address on it)
- Social Security Card
- Initial Deposit
Which Account to Open at Chase
Chase is one of the largest banks in the United States with several branches and ATM’s.
While these branches may not be in every state and city, their online banking service allows for you to have access to your money from your own convenience.
Meaning with just internet access you can sign-up for an account and take advantage of everything Chase has to offer.
Depending on what you plan to use your bank account for, there are both checking and savings account options. You might want to look out for the types of features they offer with each account.
This includes any monthly fees, minimum balance requirements, and any benefits the account may offer.
- The Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM accounts are great options for new customers that just want a standard bank account. The Total Checking® Account at Chase is the most popular checking account. While there is a monthly service fee you can always waive it by meeting any of the requirements. Furthermore, while this checking account doesn’t earn interest, when you pair it with the Savings AccountSM you can even earn a generous checking bonus.
- The Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM Enjoy more benefits and earn interest on your new Chase checking account. The $25 Monthly Service Fee is waived when you keep an average beginning day balance of $15,000 or more in any combination of this account and linked qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances. No Chase fee on first four non-Chase ATM transactions per statement period. Earn interest on your checking account balance.
- With the Chase Sapphire CheckingSM Account you can earn a fantastic bonus when you meet all the requirements. Additionally, you will also receive No ATM fees worldwide, Premier relationship rates on a linked Chase Premier SavingsSM account, higher ATM and purchase limits with your Sapphire Banking Debit Card, no wire transfer fees or stop payment fees, free online stock and ETF trades, no foreign exchange rate adjustment fees on ATM withdrawals or debit card purchases made outside the U.S., no fees on the first four overdrafts within 12 months, invest for free with You InvestSM by J.P. Morgan, $0 minimum to start investing, explore a wide range of stocks, ETFs, mutual funds and fixed income, premier relationship rates on a linked Chase Premier Savings account, Special access to sports and entertainment hospitality lounges. If you are also interested, consider opening a Chase Sapphire Preferred® Credit Card.
- With the Chase CollegeSM Checking Account you can earn a nice bonus for signing up and meeting simple requirements. This account is similar to the Total Checking Account however your monthly service fee is waived for the first 5 years and if you are between ages 17 and 24.
- Chase Private Client is one of the most premier services at Chase. You receive priority service, family benefits, business tools, 24/7 support, and financial specialists when you need them. You also receive exclusive interest rates on savings accounts, discounted rates on loans, higher limits on money transfers with Chase QuickPay® with ZelleSM , and invest for free with You InvestSM by J.P. Morgan. While requirements for this account can be steep it offers a wide variety of features that are worthwhile.
- The Chase High School Account is an opportunity to open a checking account for a child and teach them financial responsibility. This account can only be opened for children between ages 13 and 17 and converts to a Total Checking Account when the student turns 19. While there is no monthly service fee for this account it must be linked to a Parent’s Checking Account to prevent overdrafts and other penalty fees.
- Chase Secure Checking is the most basic checking experience you can sign-up for at Chase. While you do receive a debit card for opening this account there are really no other benefits and features to like about this account. The only reason I’d recommend this account is if you have poor credit and are trying to fix your finances. Furthermore you do not receive checks and there is a $4.95 monthly service fee.
Chase definitely offers a wide variety of checking options to fit your individual needs. Furthermore, you can earn a wonderful bonus when you meet the requirements for your account. Being one of the largest and advanced banking services you can have access to your account using the Chase mobile app or online banking service at any time.
Chase Bank Promotions
• Enjoy a $2,000 bonus when you join Chase Private Client. Within 45 days, transfer a total of $250,000 or more in qualifying new money or securities to a combination of eligible checking, savings and/or investment accounts, (excludes: any You InvestSM, J.P. Morgan retirement accounts and CDs) and maintain the balance for at least 90 days. Offer available to existing Chase customers only.
• Experience a banking relationship that brings you more
• A team dedicated to you
• Banking with fewer fees
• Visit your nearest CPC branch
• Email my upgrade code
• Available in: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MS, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV
• Enjoy a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase SavingsSM account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 20 business days, and maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days
• Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and nearly 4,900 branches
• Link this account to your Chase checking account for Overdraft Protection.
• Chase Mobile® app – Manage your accounts, deposit checks, transfer money and more — all from your device.
• Open your account online now.
• Available online nationwide except in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. For branch locations, visit locator.chase.com.
Opening a Chase Bank Account is a simple process as long as you have the documents required to open one. Having an idea of what account to open and what you plan to utilize it for may be to your benefit in a long run and what better way then to get started with Chase.
If you’re not familiar with Chase, you can learn more through our reivew of Chase Bank.
Don’t hesitate to get started! You might have a worthwhile banking experience. After opening a bank account with Chase, enhance your experience with a credit card issued by Chase!