Cadence Bank is relatively new, but it still offers a good variety of account options to choose from. To find out if Cadence Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
All of Cadence Bank accounts earn interest even if they aren’t the highest, but they have some reasonable account options and then there are also options for those who want premium features.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 Reasons to Bank with Cadence Bank
- 8 Reasons Not to Bank with Cadence Bank
- 9 Cadence Bank Routing Number
- 10 Contact Customer Service
- 11 How Cadence Bank USA Compares
- 12 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Cadence Bank has several checking accounts that are pretty decent for being a newer bank in business. They all come with different and unique benefits.
This is Cadence Bank’s basic checking account. You will need $50 to open it.
There is also a $5 monthly fee, but you can waive it by maintaining a monthly average balance of $500 or more.
This account also comes with a complimentary Cadence Bank Debit Card, and you can earn cash back rewards on BuzzPoint.
You will get unlimited check writing and access to online and mobile banking.
This checking account offers slightly more benefits than the basic one, but still costs $50 to open.
This account comes with an Identify Theft Protection feature so your cards can be protect for not additional charge.
However, to compensate for Identify Theft Protection, there is an unavoidable monthly fee of $8.
Additional benefits include discounts on safe deposit boxes, shopping, travel and entertainment.
This checking account is designed for those who have a higher balance to keep up with.
There is a monthly fee of $20, but you can waive it as long as you have an average monthly balance of $5,000. You can also waive it by having an overall balance of $250,000 in combined Cadence accounts.
This account will earn interest an all balances, so you don’t have to worry about losing interest.
Compare Checking Accounts
• New Chase checking customers enjoy a $200 bonus when you open a Chase Total Checking® account and set up direct deposit
• Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and more than 4,700 branches
• Chase Mobile® app - Manage your accounts, deposit checks, transfer money and more -- all from your device.
• Open your account online now
• Available online nationwide except in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. For branch locations, visit locator.chase.com.
• Chase Overdraft AssistSM: $0 overdraft fee when you overdraw your account $50 or less*
*We won't charge an overdraft fee if you are overdrawn $50 or less at the end of the business day. Chase may pay, for a $34 fee, overdraft transactions at our discretion based on your account history, deposits and transaction amount. If you've enrolled in Debit Card Coverage, everyday debit card purchases like groceries, may be approved at our discretion when you don't have enough money in your account.
Open your Huntington 25 Checking account today and enjoy:
• $300 bonus by making cumulative new money deposits of at least $25,000 within 60 days of account opening. $300 will be deposited in your new account within 14 days of meeting requirements.
• 24-Hour Grace Overdraft Fee Relief. It is designed to give you more time to make a deposit in order to avoid an Overdraft Fee.
• Earn Interest on Balances.
• Free ATM Withdrawals. They’ll waive all non-Huntington ATM cash withdrawal fees at any ATM and reimburse you for some withdrawal fees charged by another ATM owner.
• Waived Monthly Maintenance Fee
• Credit score and identity monitoring at no added cost
Savings Account Options
Cadence Bank’s savings accounts simplistic but all of them earn interest. Each of them come with various benefits that are exclusive to those accounts.
This is a standard savings account. You will need $50 to open it, but you can set up automated transfers from your checking to this savings account.
There is a $4 monthly fee that starts within 90 days of account opening, so that is something to consider before applying.
You can, however, waive the fee by maintaining at least $250 per month in your account.
The downside is that interest is compounded and credited every 3 months.
This is considered Cadence’s premium savings account, but it costs relatively less to open.
You only need $25 to open this savings account and there are also no monthly fees to worry about either.
You can earn interest as long as you manage to maintain a daily balance of $5,000. If your balance exceeds it, however, interest can drop unfortunately.
You also have access to online and mobile banking as well.
This savings account is for those who are 18 and younger and would like to start saving responsibly.
With a small opening deposit of just $10, you can start earning interest at an early age!
There is no monthly service fee until you turn 18, where this account will be treated as a Personal Savings account by then.
Compare Savings Accounts
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.60% APY as of 4/28/22 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
With the CIT Bank Savings Builders account:
• Earn a top tier, competitive APY on your money—one of the top savings rates in the nation. Earn up to 0.55% APY on your funds - grow your savings faster.
• Build a habit of savings. Pay yourself first. Start with $100 per month and build your habit of savings-—all while getting a top rate.
• FDIC Insured
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB222 by 06/15/2022
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.60% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Cadence Bank has two money market accounts that earn pretty decent interest rates.
For $50 as an opening deposit, you can earn slightly above average interest.
This account is ideal for those who have higher balances because they will need to maintain a minimum daily balance of at least $1,500 to earn interest.
There is a $10 monthly fee, but you can waive it by having $5,000 overall in your account.
Interest is compounded monthly for this account.
This money market is considered Cadence’s premium account, but luckily it only costs $50 to open.
However, you do need a minimum balance requirement of $100,000 to start earning interest.
There is also a $10 unavoidable monthly fee to consider.
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Earn 0.25% APY with the Axos Bank High Yield Money Market
• FDIC Insured
• Check writing privileges
• No monthly maintenance fees
• No minimum balance requirements
• Debit card transactions
• Minimum Balance Required to Open the Account: $ 1000.00
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.55% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.50% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.70% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
Reasons to Bank with Cadence Bank
- Their checking accounts are rather simplistic if you don’t prefer too many options.
- The Value Checking account comes with Identify Theft Protection.
- They have a separate youth savings account to encourage young teens and adults to save and manage their finances responsibly at an early age.
- People who have higher balances can invest in the MarketWise Checking account.
- Conduct all your banking online or on Cadence Bank’s mobile app.
- Earn cash back rewards with BuzzPoint on your Cadence Bank Debit Card.
- You get access to AllPoint and Presto ATM and can use them fee-free when you link your debit card.
Reasons Not to Bank with Cadence Bank
- They don’t earn the best interest rates.
- Value Checking’s monthly fee is unavoidable.
- The minimum balance requirements are a little higher.
- Cadence Bank only operates in 60 branches. These include Alabama, Florida, Minnesota, Tennessee and Texas.
Cadence Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Cadence Bank is 062206295.
Contact Customer Service
For general customer service, you can call 800-636-7622. For all other inquiries, check Cadence Bank’s website.
How Cadence Bank USA Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
- Huntington Bank: Huntington Bank has various account options and offers checking bonuses, overdraft protection, free mobile banking, online bill pay, access to several branches and ATMs, and much more.
Overall, Cadence Bank offers some decent account options. Even thought they don’t earn the best interest rates, they offer several kinds of checking, savings and money market accounts that hold their worth.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If you’re interested in banking with Cadence Bank, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!