Learn about the Department Of Commerce Federal Credit Union Performance Checking account here.
Available nationwide, the Department Of Commerce Federal Credit Union is offering a staggering 2.01% APY with a maximum balance of $20,000 on their Performance Checking Account.
Table of Contents
About the Department Of Commerce Federal Credit Union Performance Checking
At the Department of Commerce Federal Credit Union (DOCFCU), they have been serving the best interests of our members for nearly 100 years. Their nation and the world as a whole has changed monumentally since our founding, but we remain true to our goal of serving all of our members well, including those of modest means.
|Eligibility: If you live, work, worship, or attend school in Washington, DC, then you are eligible to join. Those who are a part of the Maryland American Consumer Council may also join along with employees of Select Employer Groups. Be sure to visit their membership page for additional information about their eligibility.|
Continue on to learn more about the Department Of Commerce Federal Credit Union Performance Checking Account below.
Department Of Commerce Federal Credit Union Performance Checking Rate
Residents nationwide can earn the industry-leading rate on balances up to $20,000. With no minimum deposit, you will be able to enjoy the rate to its full potential!
- What you’ll get: 2.01% APY up to $20,000
- Eligible Accounts: Performance Checking Account
- Credit Inquiry: Unknown
- Where it’s available: Nationwide
- Opening Deposit: No minimum
- Credit Card Funding: Yes, up to $1,000
- Monthly fee: None
American Express® High Yield Savings Account - You earn a competitive interest rate along with no minimum deposits or monthly fees. Amex High Yield Savings account has been my favorite Hub account for the past 7 years. Using this account to Pull/Push your money is absolutely necessary when you have many accounts. Here's why:
*No dollar limitations for ACH transfers - When you find a top bank rate account, you don't want to be limited to just $5K or $10K transfers. Amex Savings will let you transfers as much as you want whether you are pulling or pushing money from and to an external bank account.
*1 to 2 business days ACH transfers speed - With top-notch user interface, you get your money to another external account or pull money from another bank account within a day or two.
*No loss of interest during transfers - On the day you initiate your transaction on the high yield savings account website, the funds will be reflected in your Current Balance and begin earning interest.
Some other features from American Express High Yield Savings Account include Free Wire Transfers, 3 maximum linked accounts, and maximum 6 ACH withdrawals per month.
Savings account offers are frequently updated. Find the best nationwide Savings/Money Market rates here, and the best Savings account bonuses here. The Axos Bank and CIT Bank accounts offer great rates available nationwide which I recommend.
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Bonus + 0.60% APY||Review|
|Aspiration||$150 Bonus + 1.00% APY||Review|
|Axos Business Savings||$200 Bonus + 0.20% APY||Review|
|Quontic Bank High Yield Savings||0.75% APY||Review|
|Axos Bank High Yield Savings||Up to 0.61% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Money Market||0.70% APY + Amazon Prime Offer||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.60% APY as of 4/28/22||Review|
How To Earn Up to 2.01% APY Rate
- Open a Performance Checking account from Department Of Commerce Federal Credit Union
- To Earn 2.01% APY for Balance up to $20,000, you must
- Complete 12 debit/check card point-of-sale purchases without a PIN
- 1 Online Banking or mobile banking login
- Set up at least 1 direct deposit
- Receive electronic statements
|Balance Requirement||APY Rate|
- Earn up to 2.01% APY on balances up to $20,000
- No monthly maintenance fee
- No minimum balance
- Competitive rates and a variety of term options available
- Insured by the NCUA up to $250,000 per depositor for all accounts
- Free Online Banking, mobile banking and Bill Pay
Alternative Rewards Accounts To Consider
Earn up to 1.25% APY with the Axos Bank Rewards Checking account while enjoying a suite of digital tools for smarter money management. This is banking, redefined.
• Use Promo Code “Lucky” for a $100 bonus!
• Up to 1.25% APY
• Zero monthly maintenance fees
• Zero overdraft or NSF fees
• Zero minimum monthly balance reqs
• Unlimited domestic ATM fee reimbursements
• Zero Minimum Balance Requirement
• Only $50 to open an account
With the Discover Checking Account:
• Cashback – Earn 1% cash back on up to $3,000 in debit card purchases each month
• No. Fees. Period. That means you won’t be charged an account fee on our Cashback Debit account.
• Early Pay – Get your paycheck up to two days early with no charge
• No credit impact - You can apply without affecting your credit score.
• Fraud Protection - You’re never responsible for unauthorized debit card purchases. If you suspect someone else has used your debit card without your permission, let us know.
• Apply in minutes - Applying for a Cashback Debit account is simple and fast.
• Fee free overdraft protection
All in all, the current tiered rates from the Department Of Commerce Federal Credit Union is fantastic if you are able to meet the requirements. Although the maximum balance deposit has lowered to $20,000, the high rates are worth taking a second look at.
Lastly, let us know about your experience with this bank and comment below.
For more bank offers, see the complete list of Best Rewards Checking!
Check back often to see the latest info on the Department Of Commerce Federal Credit Union’s Performance Checking Account.