Learn about the WCCU Credit Union Awards Checking account here.
Available to residents of Wisconsin, WCCU Credit Union is offering a 2.50% APY with a maximum balance of $20,000 on their Awards Checking Account.
Table of Contents
About WCCU Credit Union
WCCU Credit Union is the 17th largest credit union in the state of Wisconsin and the 522nd largest credit union in the nation. Established in 1939, it had grown to 161 employees and 37,369 members at 10 locations.
- Availability: WI (Bank Locator)
- Routing Number: 275982539
- Customer Service: 608-634-3118
|Eligibility: WCCU Credit Union is open to employees/members/patrons of any co-op or anyone who lives, works, goes to school, or owns real estate in the Wisconsin counties of Adams, Columbia, Crawford, Dane, Grant, Iowa, Juneau, La Crosse, Marquette, Monroe, Richland, Sauk, or Vernon. See current membership details|
Continue on to learn more about the WCCU Credit Union Awards Checking Account below.
WCCU Credit Union Awards Checking Rate
Residents of Wisconsin can earn 2.50 APY on balances up to $20,000. With no minimum deposit, you will be able to enjoy the rate to its full potential!
- What you’ll get: 2.50% APY up to $20,000
- Eligible Accounts: Awards Checking Account
- Credit Inquiry: Unknown
- Where it’s available: WI
- Opening Deposit: $0
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown
- Monthly fee: None
American Express® High Yield Savings Account - You earn a competitive interest rate along with no minimum deposits or monthly fees. Amex High Yield Savings account has been my favorite Hub account for the past 7 years. Using this account to Pull/Push your money is absolutely necessary when you have many accounts. Here's why:
*No dollar limitations for ACH transfers - When you find a top bank rate account, you don't want to be limited to just $5K or $10K transfers. Amex Savings will let you transfers as much as you want whether you are pulling or pushing money from and to an external bank account.
*1 to 2 business days ACH transfers speed - With top-notch user interface, you get your money to another external account or pull money from another bank account within a day or two.
*No loss of interest during transfers - On the day you initiate your transaction on the high yield savings account website, the funds will be reflected in your Current Balance and begin earning interest.
Some other features from American Express High Yield Savings Account include Free Wire Transfers, 3 maximum linked accounts, and maximum 6 ACH withdrawals per month.
Savings account offers are frequently updated. Find the best nationwide Savings/Money Market rates here, and the best Savings account bonuses here. The Axos Bank and CIT Bank accounts offer great rates available nationwide which I recommend.
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Bonus + 0.60% APY||Review|
|Aspiration||$150 Bonus + 1.00% APY||Review|
|Axos Business Savings||$200 Bonus + 0.20% APY||Review|
|Quontic Bank High Yield Savings||0.75% APY||Review|
|Axos Bank High Yield Savings||Up to 0.61% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Money Market||0.70% APY + Amazon Prime Offer||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.60% APY as of 4/28/22||Review|
How To Earn Up to 2.50% APY Rate
- Make a minimum of 15 CheckMate transactions per month.
- Must enroll in online banking and must receive your monthly statement electronically.
- Have a continuous monthly direct deposit into this account or have at least one automated transfer from this account per month.
|Balance Requirement||APY Rate|
|$.01 – $20,000||2.50% APY|
|Does Not Qualify||0.01% APY|
- No minimum balance required.
- No monthly service charge.
- Overdraft fees: $20 per presentment or $5 with overdraft protection. Maximum overdraft charge per day is $100.
- Stop Payment Fee: $20 per item.
- Depositing a bad check: $10 per item.
- Phone Transfers: $1
Alternative Rewards Accounts To Consider
Earn up to 1.25% APY with the Axos Bank Rewards Checking account while enjoying a suite of digital tools for smarter money management. This is banking, redefined.
• Use Promo Code “Lucky” for a $100 bonus!
• Up to 1.25% APY
• Zero monthly maintenance fees
• Zero overdraft or NSF fees
• Zero minimum monthly balance reqs
• Unlimited domestic ATM fee reimbursements
• Zero Minimum Balance Requirement
• Only $50 to open an account
With the Discover Checking Account:
• Cashback – Earn 1% cash back on up to $3,000 in debit card purchases each month
• No. Fees. Period. That means you won’t be charged an account fee on our Cashback Debit account.
• Early Pay – Get your paycheck up to two days early with no charge
• No credit impact - You can apply without affecting your credit score.
• Fraud Protection - You’re never responsible for unauthorized debit card purchases. If you suspect someone else has used your debit card without your permission, let us know.
• Apply in minutes - Applying for a Cashback Debit account is simple and fast.
• Fee free overdraft protection
WCCU Credit Union is offering a great reward checking account program. There is no monthly fee, and the account has a great interest rate! Remember that if your balance is over $20,000, then you will not receive the full benefit of the rewards checking account. Be sure to find out if this bonus triggers a soft or hard pull!
Lastly, let us know about your experience with this bank and comment below.
For more bank offers, see the complete list of Best Rewards Checking!
* Check back often to see the latest info on WCCU Credit Union Awards Checking Account.