Not to mention, they offer more checking options compared to other competitors.
While Fifth Third Bank is primarily in the Midwest, South and Southeast with multiple branch locations across 10 states.
Fifth Third is well known for the relationship rates they offer consumers who hold more than one deposit account. But fees on checking accounts and overdrafts are expensive and can add up quickly.
Although they have higher balance requirements and service fees if they’re not met, it still offers some unique benefits.
Continue reading below to see a side-by-side comparison between the two banks, so you can see which one offers the services you need the most.
|Chase Business Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SavingsSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$2,000 Cash||Review|
|Chase||Fifth Third Bank|
|Locations||Branches in Several States (Locator)||1,300 branches, including 100 Bank Mart® locations across the country(Locator)|
|ATMs||Chase ATMs nationwide||Allpoint® and 7-Eleven® network of ATMs. More than 50,000 fee-free ATMs nationwide.|
|Pros||-Branches in many states
-New customer coupons
-Full service banking
|-Free Express Checking
-Free student checking
-Promo CD with high APY
|Cons||-Low interest rates
– Not in all states
|-Higher balance requirements
-Low savings APY
|Bottom Line||Chase is a good choice if you’re looking for a bank with full range of service||Fifth Third Bank has high balance requirements but offers good checking options.|
Chase Bank Promotions
• Enjoy a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase SavingsSM account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 20 business days, and maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days
• Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and nearly 4,900 branches
• Link this account to your Chase checking account for Overdraft Protection.
• Chase Mobile® app – Manage your accounts, deposit checks, transfer money and more — all from your device.
• Open your account online now.
• Available online nationwide except in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. For branch locations, visit locator.chase.com.
• Enjoy a $2,000 bonus when you join Chase Private Client. Within 45 days, transfer a total of $250,000 or more in qualifying new money or securities to a combination of eligible checking, savings and/or investment accounts, (excludes: any You InvestSM, J.P. Morgan retirement accounts and CDs) and maintain the balance for at least 90 days. Offer available to existing Chase customers only.
• Experience a banking relationship that brings you more
• A team dedicated to you
• Banking with fewer fees
• Visit your nearest CPC branch
• Email my upgrade code
• Available in: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MS, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV
Compare to Other Banks
- Fifth Third Bank vs Chase
- Fifth Third Bank vs US Bank
- Fifth Third Bank vs PNC Bank
- Huntington Bank vs Fifth Third Bank
Which Bank is Better: Chase or Fifth Third Bank?
- Chase is a good choice if you’re looking for a bank with full range of services, physical locations, lots of ATMS, and good mobile banking.
- Fifth Third Bank has high balance requirements but offers good checking options.