Below chart gives you the Credit Cards 5% Cash Back Quarterly Categories for several cards like the Chase Freedom Flex / Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend, U.S. Bank Cash+, and more.
If you’re the type to have many credit cards to maximize your return/rewards, it can be a lot to keep up with, but keeping track of which card is optimum for certain purchases is paramount.
Below you’ll see a list of the credit cards that earn 5% cash back.
Table of Contents
Editor’s Choice Credit Card
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service
• Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
This card has no annual fee.
2022 Third Quarter Credit Card 5% Categories
|Credit Card||Cash Back Limits||Activate||Review|
|Chase Freedom Flex|
|Up to $1,500/quarter spent in bonus categories||Activate||Review|
|Chase Freedom®||Up to $1,500/quarter spent in bonus categories||Activate||Review|
|Up to $1,500/quarter spent in bonus categories||Activation||Review
|Ink Business CashSM Credit Card|
|Up to $25,000 per year on office supply stores, internet, cable, & phone services||N/A||Review
|Target REDcard||No Limit, Year Round||N/A||Review|
(No longer Available)
|Up to $1,500/quarter spent in bonus categories||N/A||N/A|
|US Bank Cash+|
|Up to $2,000/quarter spent in bonus categories||Activate||Review|
|Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card||No Limit, Year Round||N/A||Review|
Earn 5% Back
Chase Freedom Flex / Chase Freedom
Below are the categories for 2022:
- January-March 2022: Grocery Stores (excluding Target® and Walmart®) and eBay (Activate by March 14, 2022)
- April-June 2022: Amazon.com and on Select Streaming Services (Activate starting March 15, 2022)
- July-September 2022: Gas, Car Rental, Entertainment (Activate starting June 15, 2022)
- October-December 2022: Coming Soon (Activate starting September 15, 2022)
(Activate Your 5% at Chase)
Below are the cash back categories for 2022:
- January-March 2022: Grocery Stores and Fitness Club & Gym Memberships (Ends 3/31/2022)
- April-June 2022: Gas Stations and Target (Activation begins 2/1/2022)
- July-September 2022: Restaurants, Paypal (Activation begins 5/1/2022)
- October-December 2022: Amazon.com, and Digital Wallets (Activation begins 8/1/2022)
(Learn more at Discover)
US Bank Cash+ (Choice of 2 Categories):
Earn 5% cash back on your first $2,000 in combined net purchases in your chosen 5% categories
- Choose two of the following:
- TV, Internet, and Streaming Services
- Home utilities
- Select clothing stores
- Cell phone providers
- Electronic Stores
- Fast food
- Ground Transportation
- Sporting goods
- Department Stores
- Furniture Stores
- Movie theaters
(Activate Now at U.S. Bank)
- Home Improvement
(Activate Now at Citi)
Bank of America Cash Rewards
The Bank of America Cash Rewards card offers 3% back on one selected category, up to $2,500 per quarter. It defaults to gas if you don’t select anything. The category you choose will remain the same unless you change it next for next quarter. You are limited to $2,500 for the entire quarter.
- Gas (default)
- Online Shopping
- Drug Stores
- Home Improvement/Furnishings
For those with Preferred Rewards status with Bank of America, you can get you 5.25% back on one of these categories at the higher relationship level.
Nusenda Credit Union Platinum Cash Rewards
Below are the cash back categories for 2022:
- Earn 5% this quarter on up to $1,500 in purchases on Gas expenses, Education expenses, Hotels, and Airfare.
- This is on top of the regular 1% for a total earn of 6% back.
(Learn more at Nusenda Credit Union)
Keeping up with the cash/points back features of each card can be a juggle if you have several cards. Earning these rewards can definitely pile up over time with the potential to earn hundreds to even thousands of dollars per year depending your spending & strategy.
With that being said, it’s all in all free money right back in your pocket no matter how small or big your purchase as it will add up over the course of time. You’ll be able to redeem the rewards as statement credit, hotels, vacations, flights, gift cards, cash, and more!
The U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card offers $200 bonus after spending $1,000 in eligible purchases within the first 120 days of account opening.
You'll be able to earn:
• 5% cash back on your first $2,000 in combined eligible purchases each quarter on two categories you choose.
• 5% cash back on prepaid air, hotel and car reservations booked directly in the Rewards Travel Center.
• 2% cash back on one everyday category, like Gas Stations/EV Charging Stations, Grocery Stores or Restaurants.
• 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases.
This card comes with no annual fee. Terms and conditions apply.