Learn about Great Lakes Credit Union Free Checking account here.
Available nationwide, Great Lakes Credit Union is offering a staggering 2.50% APY with a maximum balance of $10,000 on their Free Checking Account.
Table of Contents
About Great Lakes Credit Union Free Checking
Great Lakes Credit Union is headquartered in Bannockburn, Illinois and it was founded in 1938. Since then they have opened 11 locations and offer money market rates that are 48% higher than the national average.
Continue on to learn more about the Great Lakes Credit Union Free Checking Account below.
|Eligibility: Membership in Great Lakes Credit Union is open to anyone by choosing the “Not Listed-Let us help!” option in the online application. Membership is also open to the following groups: (1) those who live or work in the Illinois counties of Cook (west of Route 83), Dupage, Kane, Kendal, Lake, McHenry, Will, and Kenosha County, Wisconsin, (2) Federal government employees, including active and retired military members, (3) employees of Select Employer Groups. Membership requirements are listed in the credit union’s online application.
See current membership details
Great Lakes Credit Union Free Checking Rate
Residents nationwide can earn the industry-leading rate on balances up to $10,000. With no minimum deposit, you will be able to enjoy the rate to its full potential!
- What you’ll get: 2.50% APY up to $10,000
- Eligible Accounts: Free Checking Account
- Credit Inquiry: Unknown
- Where it’s available: Nationwide
- Opening Deposit: No minimum
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown
- Monthly fee: None
How To Earn Up to 2.50% APY Rate
- Sign up with Great Lakes Credit Union to earn a 2.50% APY for balances up to $10,000
- Have a $500 direct deposit
- Make 15 debit card purchases totaling $150 or more
- Sign up/enroll for eStatements
- Pay one bill per month via bill pay or login to mobile banking once per month
|Balance Requirement||APY Rate|
|$0 – $10,000||2.50%|
- No ATM fees at CO-OP Network ATMs
- Reimburse up to $10 per month in ATM fees when made in the US and outside the GLCU / CO-OP ATM Network
- No monthly fee
- No minimum balance required
Alternative Rewards Accounts To Consider
Earn up to 1.25% APY with the Axos Bank Rewards Checking account while enjoying a suite of digital tools for smarter money management. This is banking, redefined.
• Zero monthly maintenance fees
• Zero overdraft or NSF fees
• Zero minimum monthly balance reqs
• Unlimited domestic ATM fee reimbursements
• Online debit card management
• Simple, 3-step process for direct deposit
• Only $50 to open an account
Overall, the Great Lakes Credit Union Free Checking Account is a good opportunity nationwide. There is no monthly fee, and the account has a great interest rate! Remember that if your balance is over $10,000,you won’t get the full benefit of the rewards checking account.
Lastly, let us know about your experience with this bank and comment below.
For more bank offers, see the complete list of Best Rewards Checking!
Check back often to see the latest info on Great Lakes Credit Union Free Checking Account.