Located in the Northeast, Investors Bank offers a plethora of banking accounts for all kinds of people. To find out if Investors Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
A little background information is that Investors Bank is the official bank of the New Jersey Devils hockey team and its Prudential Center home, so it offers a checking account called New Jersey Devils Checking and the benefits it has! (More about this later)
Although you may not find the best interest rates here, you will definitely find a variety of account options to invest in and some unique benefits they have to offer.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 Reasons to Bank with Investors Bank
- 8 Reasons Not to Bank with Investors Bank
- 9 Investors Bank Routing Number
- 10 Contact Customer Service
- 11 How Investors Bank Compares
- 12 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Investors Bank values their customers’ best interest and has rewards for each of their checking accounts. They serve customers of all ages and have reasonable minimum requirements.
This Investors Bank’s personal everyday checking account.
You will need $50 to open it, but you can earn up to $250 if you open a new account.
This checking account comes with Identity Theft Protection, cell phone protection and mobile couponing.
This account also comes with an Investors Bank Visa Debit® Card, and you can earn uChoose Rewards every time you make a transaction with this debit card.
There is a monthly fee of of $10, but you can avoid it by by maintaining a daily balance of $1,000 or have a direct deposit of $500.
Get access to free online/mobile banking, bill payment and e-Statements as well.
You will need $50 to open this checking account, but you can earn up to $350 if you open a new account.
You will earn interest an all balances and your interest can increase if you link your Plus Money Market account to this checking account.
There is monthly fee of $20, but it is waiveable if you maintain a monthly average balance of $20,000 average with YourStyle Plus Checking and a YourStyle®Plus Money Market account or High Yield Savings account.
This account also includes ID Theft Protection, cellphones and mobile couponing.
With $50 you can open this account and get a $750 bonus when you refer to friends and family.
For avid fans of the New York Giants, you can enjoy 20% off NY Giants goods when you sign up.
With $50 as an opening deposit, you are eligible to start earning awards with uChoose Rewards and can get discounts on New Jersey Devil’s merchandise.
You also get personalized Devils-branded debit card and checks!
This is Investors Bank’s most basic checking account. With just $25, you can open it, and it requires no minimum balances to maintain.
There is, however, a $3 monthly fee.
You also get 4 free withdrawals per statement cycle.
Compare Checking Accounts
Open your Huntington 25 Checking account today and enjoy:
• $300 bonus by making cumulative new money deposits of at least $25,000 within 60 days of account opening. $500 will be deposited in your new account within 14 days of meeting requirements.
• 24-Hour Grace Overdraft Fee Relief. It is designed to give you more time to make a deposit in order to avoid an Overdraft Fee.
• Earn Interest on Balances. 0.05% Annual Percentage Yield applies to all balance tiers.
• Free ATM Withdrawals. They’ll waive all non-Huntington ATM cash withdrawal fees at any ATM and reimburse you for some withdrawal fees charged by another ATM owner.
• Waived Monthly Maintenance Fee
• Credit score and identity monitoring at no added cost
Savings Account Options
Investors Bank has an extremely diverse variety of savings accounts and they all offer exclusive benefits.
This is Investors Bank’s basic savings account and you can open it with a $50 minimum deposit.
There is a monthly fee of $5, but you can waive it by maintaining a daily minimum balance of $300.
You also get up to two free withdrawals at any non Investors ATM per statement cycle.
This savings account is the most ideal for traditional savers, and you can open it with a $50 minimum deposit.
There is a $3 monthly fee, but you can waive it by just having a daily minimum balance of $50.
This account earns interest over time although slowly, but surely.
If you have a YourStyle® Plus Checking account, you will automatically have access to this savings account.
This account earns competitive interest so the higher your balance is, the more interest you will earn.
This is a free savings account for college students who need to set aside expenses for college such as tuition or books.
Your money can grow tax-free and your earnings are tax-deferred.
This is a savings account specifically for special occasions. Set aside money to spend on holidays and special events and have this account separate from your normal savings one.
With just a $1 minimum deposit, you can start saving for your vacations. There is absolutely no monthly fee to worry about either!
Funds will automatically be distributed in October.
Compare Savings Accounts
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.40% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
With the CIT Bank Savings Builders account:
• Earn a top tier, competitive APY on your money—one of the top savings rates in the nation. Earn 0.40% APY on your funds - grow your savings faster.
• Build a habit of savings. Pay yourself first. Start with $100 per month and build your habit of savings-—all while getting a top rate.
• FDIC Insured
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard. Investors Bank offers money markets that can earn tiered interest rates.
You can open this money market with a $50 minimum deposit.
There is a monthly fee of $12, but you can waive it by having a daily balance of at least $2,500.
This money market also includes limited check writing and two free withdrawals at any non-Investors ATM per statement cycle.
This is a relationship money market account. You can only open this account if you already have a YourStyle® Plus Checking account.
This account earns competitive interest rates and they are also tiered.
This money market also includes limited check-writing.
You can open this account with a $50 minimum deposit to earn competitive, tiered interest rates.
There is a $25 monthly fee, but you can waive it if you manage to maintain a minimum daily balance of $50,000.
This money market also comes with limited check-writing.
This is another relationship money market. You can only open this if you already have an existing YourStyle Checking account.
To start earning interest, you have to open this account with $10,000 in New Money, that means it cannot be money transferred from your previous accounts.
There is a monthly fee, but you can avoid it by having a minimum balance of $2,500 overall.
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Earn 0.25% APY with the Axos Bank High Yield Money Market
• FDIC Insured
• Check writing privileges
• No monthly maintenance fees
• No minimum balance requirements
• Debit card transactions
• Minimum Balance Required to Open the Account: $ 1000.00
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.35% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.30% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
Reasons to Bank with Investors Bank
- They have a lot of checking and savings options to choose from and offers relationship accounts as well.
- You get ID Theft Protection with your checking accounts.
- New York Giants and New Jersey Devils fans benefit greatly when they open checking accounts since they can get discounts on both teams’ merchandise.
- You can earn rewards through the uChoose Rewards portal every time you use your Investors Bank Visa® Debit Card.
- The minimum opening deposits are fairly average and aren’t too much.
- They offer a youth savings account specifically for college students who need it more than children would.
- Students, senior citizens nor veterans have to worry about paying monthly fees if they choose to open a YourStyle® Savings account.
- You can open a Holiday Savings account to set aside money for special occasions and events.
- They have a very good variety of money markets that earns decent interest rates, but the earnings can be maximized when linked with the corresponding checking account.
- They have a live chat for customer service.
- Conduct your banking online or on Investors Bank’s mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Investors Bank
- Investors Bank is only available in New York and New Jersey, so if you don’t live in those area and prefer to speak to a customer representative in person, then this won’t be convenient.
- Their “free” (Consumer Checking) checking account still requires a minimum opening deposit.
- Their interest rates are only average. Even if certain accounts earn higher interest, you could find a different bank that could offer more.
Investors Bank Routing Number
Investors Bank’s routing number is 221272031. You can also check the lower left corner of your Investors Bank’s check.
Contact Customer Service
Investors Bank operates in the U.S and internationally.
- For in the U.S, you can call: 855-422-6548
- For international, you can call: 1-973-376-5100
Their hours are:
- Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
How Investors Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- PNC: Also having a New York location, PNC Bank offers free access to f PNC Bank ATMs, free mobile/online banking, reimbursement of PNC fees for use of non-PNC ATMs, and many other features that can be found on their website. They have several account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you live anywhere in New York or New Jersey, are an avid fan of sports and enjoy have plenty of account options to choose from, then Investors Bank will probably be right up your ally.
New Jersey Devils and New York Giant fans of all ages can earn rewards directly every time they attend one of the games as long as they are making transactions with their Investors Bank debit card.
On top of that, college students, the elderly and veterans don’t have to worry about monthly fees so if they are a fan of these aforementioned teams, their benefits would double!
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If you are interested in checking out other banks in the New York area, click here.